Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

purupuru

Learned
I just died from level drain as a Dhampir. Fucking spaghetti code. As I just reported this, wait as this bug will be fixed 3 years from now. But the fun AoO bug was fixed in less than 24h.

EDIT: proof

It's actually not a bug:
  • Resist Level Drain (Ex): A dhampir takes no penalties from energy drain effects, though he can still be killed if he accrues more negative levels then he has Hit Dice. After 24 hours, any negative levels a dhampir takes are removed without the need for an additional saving throw.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-dhampir/

Rafidur

Learned
Begone, THOT

GMcEEig.png

Millimeters of bone!

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Screenshot (5).png

The dialogue before this is even worse, of course the nature mythic path is the faggiest mythic path with the worst followers, didn't screenshot earlier dialogues.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does Selective work on Persistent effects?

Don't see why it shouldn't?

Selective Spell (Metamagic)

Your allies need not fear friendly fire.

Prerequisite: Spellcraft 10 ranks.

Benefit: When casting a selective spell with an area effect and a duration of instantaneous, you can choose a number of targets in the area equal to the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type (Charisma for bards, oracles, paladins, sorcerers, and summoners; Intelligence for witches and wizards; Wisdom for clerics, druids, inquisitors, and rangers). These targets are excluded from the effects of your spell.

Level Increase: +1 (a selective spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.)

Spells that do not have an area of effect or a duration of instantaneous do not benefit from this feat.

Ok, I had a brainfart. By persistent I meant Persistent Spell metamagic. Which should work with Grease.

Now if you mean persistent ground effects, then according to the rules you quote, I guess Selective metamagic shouldn't work.
Though in Kingmaker with Eldritch Arcana I think it still did. Might be worth checking how they coded it in Wrath.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
As for why these writers might be inclined to include some stronk wimmen:

Pls can include in DLC with Gunslinger class thx.

Wokels note second date. This waifu belongs making beautiful grandchildren not getting shot by deadender Krauts.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
As for why these writers might be inclined to include some stronk wimmen:

Tsk, dps is easy, let's do a tank build:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Oktyabrskaya

220px-Mariya_Vasilyevna_Oktyabrskaya_portrait.jpeg

edit:

For those not in the know:

wikipedia said:
After her husband was killed fighting in 1941, Oktyabrskaya sold her possessions to donate a tank for the war effort, and requested that she be allowed to drive it. She received and was trained to drive and fix a T-34 medium tank, which she named "Fighting Girlfriend"

:love:

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
"I <3 Puzzles!" Nenio's VO does make you warm up to her a little, I admit.

Her quest is top notch, and full of puzzles.

Probably my favorite dungeon in CRPGs in 2000 's. I'm a sucker for ancient Egypt content and puzzles.
Just needs some NPCs and a little hub kind of thing.

You can even see the main puzzle room from a balcony in "Core of the Riddle" quest.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would like to as about opinions about the feats designed to protect your mount:
Mounted Combat
Indomitable Mount

Worth getting? How good are your odds of beating a Mobility check vs enemy attack? Plus its once per round only.

Guess Indomitable might be better, since most spell DCs should be lower then AB of high level enemies?

Parabalus

Arcane
I would like to as about opinions about the feats designed to protect your mount:
Mounted Combat
Indomitable Mount

Worth getting? How good are your odds of beating a Mobility check vs enemy attack? Plus its once per round only.

Guess Indomitable might be better, since most spell DCs should be lower then AB of high level enemies?

Check first if either of those two works, might make the choice easier.

Parabalus

Arcane

So... She can immediately forget she was shitfaced-drunk but I suppose it's not the same for any other deleterious Int affecting condition, like a poison. Just tell me if this is a plot hole or not, plz.

It's not.

Well someone's has to be, in beta most companion quests except Daeran's were nothing to talk about.

Most weren't even implemented though, even the A4 ones.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Aaaand beat it, I don't know why I read the ending was bad, sure it is just cookie cutter vignettes but I was expecting a rocks fall everyone dies nwn2 type ending and thankfully didn't get it. Sure I'd have wanted more of a fanfare to end a 90+ hour run, but didn't feel like a total gut punch.

Anyways at some point I'll write some massive rant but the tldr version is I liked Wrath and found it an improvement over kingmaker in most aspects.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Boy, a mod that would be even better than the Irenicus dungeon would be skip the Shield Maze and Grey Garrison, man, all the fights between the demon dude killing oversized chicken to getting into Defender's Heart are trash tutorial fights, making alts and going through that slog is annoying. It would be nice going from the intro into Defender's Heart with already level 3.

When developers will stop making over long linear intro sections in cRPGs?

If they were trash you wouldn’t be bothering to complain. Truth is they can be pretty challenging on high difficulty.

Nice try, Satan.
I'm not complaining because they are challenging, I'm complaining because they are a waste of time and tedious as fuck on replays.

The fights in the cave arent challenging, so much so that I turn RtwP mode to speed things up.
The fights on the Grey garrison you have captain wokeness doing the dirty work for you all the way through and end on a scripted fight, I also turn RtwP on to also speed things up here to not waste time .
90% of the fights on the Shield maze are packs of 3/4 cultists that dont require much of your brain cells.
The only two fights that are noteworthy are the elemental fight and the boss woman fight.
The elemental is more of a meme fight, just high AC and patience but it also waste your time because it doesnt demand much on your brain cells, just patience and waste your time.
The boss woman, has little HP, Enlarge person + 2handed + flank her while Seelah tanks = done and the imps she summons cant do jack shit.

I would prefer so much more if you started with level 1 on Defender's Heart with the enemies also on level 1 and you start up from there, frankly, the only two things in there that are decent was the story flavor of the begining of the mythic paths and the whole Wenduag/Lann decision, but they could have relocated that to some place else with decent fights in.

The begining of the game is way too long winded, it isnt so bad the first time but when you are running alts, this type of linear content makes replaying with alts boring. Dont make long winded linear content on the start of your cRPGs doesnt matter how cool you think it is, PoE fucking do it, BG 2 fucking do it and is boring every time. BG 1 was the best at this, you can get out of Candlekeep and scape tutorial in 10mins, Arcanum also, Fallout 1 also, all cRPGs should be like that.

Desiderius

Patron
Boy, a mod that would be even better than the Irenicus dungeon would be skip the Shield Maze and Grey Garrison, man, all the fights between the demon dude killing oversized chicken to getting into Defender's Heart are trash tutorial fights, making alts and going through that slog is annoying. It would be nice going from the intro into Defender's Heart with already level 3.

When developers will stop making over long linear intro sections in cRPGs?

If they were trash you wouldn’t be bothering to complain. Truth is they can be pretty challenging on high difficulty.

Nice try, Satan.
I'm not complaining because they are challenging, I'm complaining because they are a waste of time and tedious as fuck on replays.

The fights in the cave arent challenging, so much so that I turn RtwP mode to speed things up.
The fights on the Grey garrison you have captain wokeness doing the dirty work for you all the way through and end on a scripted fight, I also turn RtwP on to also speed things up here to not waste time .
90% of the fights on the Shield maze are packs of 3/4 cultists that dont require much of your brain cells.
The only two fights that are noteworthy are the elemental fight and the boss woman fight.
The elemental is more of a meme fight, just high AC and patience but it also waste your time because it doesnt demand much on your brain cells, just patience and waste your time.
The boss woman, has little HP, Enlarge person + 2handed + flank her while Seelah tanks = done and the imps she summons cant do jack shit.

I would prefer so much more if you started with level 1 on Defender's Heart with the enemies also on level 1 and you start up from there, frankly, the only two things in there that are decent was the story flavor of the begining of the mythic paths and the whole Wenduag/Lann decision, but they could have relocated that to some place else with decent fights in.

The begining of the game is way too long winded, it isnt so bad the first time but when you are running alts, this type of linear content makes replaying with alts boring. Dont make long winded linear content on the start of your cRPGs doesnt matter how cool you think it is, PoE fucking do it, BG 2 fucking do it and is boring every time. BG 1 was the best at this, you can get out of Candlekeep and scape tutorial in 10mins, all cRPGs should be like that.

You’re lying.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Boy, a mod that would be even better than the skip the Irenicus dungeon would be skip the Shield Maze and Grey Garrison, man, all the fights between the demon dude killing oversized chicken to getting into Defender's Heart are trash tutorial fights, making alts and going through that slog is annoying. It would be nice going from the intro into Defender's Heart with already level 3.
I actually skipped the entire Gray Garrison area on my second Playthrough. I don't know if it was a bug or not, but I finished all sidequests before getting the Tavern Assault, which I managed to skip entirely. When getting into the Garrison, I got teleported upstairs to the Wardstone. Irabeth talked about how she expected a strong resistance in the Garrison but apparently we got there before they could muster a defense. Maybe that's an intentional "skip" of the Garrison, just beeline for it during Act 1.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
What the hell am I supposed to do in Blackwater?
It says I have to disable the force field on the bridge and unlock the fortified door. The disabling device is on the other side so I guess I can just teleport over or run through and eat the damage and then there's the boss. But somehow it feels like I'm missing something. I also found a circlet and some component but I don't seem to find anyway to use them.

They need to be used on the machine, with the prisoner, before the force field you mention, to get a key to open 3 other doors.

It was buggy for me, had to DD through those 3 doors. Be sure to do it because they have great loot.

Also just ran through that force field to disable it, dunno what else gives.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The begining of the game is way too long winded, it isnt so bad the first time but when you are running alts, this type of linear content makes replaying with alts boring. Dont make long winded linear content on the start of your cRPGs doesnt matter how cool you think it is, PoE fucking do it, BG 2 fucking do it and is boring every time. BG 1 was the best at this, you can get out of Candlekeep and scape tutorial in 10mins, Arcanum also, Fallout 1 also, all cRPGs should be like that.
Tutu being some confusing meh has been pointed out many times.

To say it's ez would be wrong though, unless you play on something like Core minus.

Efe

Erudite
I made an anti psionic helmet (not equippable) of some sorts and walk through the barrier.
assumed helmet worked automatically. could be good old owlcat unfinished content tho

as for tuto, are raging mongrels really easy for you?

Desiderius

Patron
Mounted Combat
Indomitable Mount

Indomitable is must have given working correctly due to certain relic. Should be easy to beat most DCs if you work at it. Team just got roasted by 50 DC Polar Midnight on Core tho.

If Mounted Combat gets Parry implementation as it reads and should (only triggers on what would have been a hit) then it will be outstanding but will require some investment in Feats/abilities/food/item slots.

They've historically had trouble getting reach ranges right so wouldn’t expect this soon and mounted pathing is just a nightmare in close quarters.

Reach wep is of course big help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom