Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Said someone who keeps 3 different generals in crusade mode pretending it's HoMM.
I keep 2 generals, one being a wizard with 3 stacks limit, which sucks and the other one being also a wizard who for some reason has 4 stacks limit. If I had known the limit doesn't grow with general's level, I wouldn't have developed the 3-limit wizard to level 4. But as it stands, I need a second general just in order to store the stacks which I can't be used by my active general's army.

Manuever Mastery expands size, as it says right there on the ability.

Abandoning mass literacy was a mistke.

You can use two generals (I prefer three) to change up your approach for different foes. Choosing two of the same you know whatever.
What is Manuever Mastery and how am I supposed to know? Maybe from the game manual? :lol:

Parabalus

Arcane
I would like to as about opinions about the feats designed to protect your mount:
Mounted Combat
Indomitable Mount

Worth getting? How good are your odds of beating a Mobility check vs enemy attack? Plus its once per round only.

Guess Indomitable might be better, since most spell DCs should be lower then AB of high level enemies?

Indomitable is must have given working correctly due to certain relic. Should be easy to beat most DCs if you work at it. Team just got roasted by 50 DC Polar Midnight on Core tho.

If Mounted Combat gets Parry implementation as it reads and should (only triggers on what would have been a hit) then it will be outstanding but will require some investment in Feats/abilities/food/item slots.

They've historically had trouble getting reach ranges right so wouldn’t expect this soon and mounted pathing is just a nightmare in close quarters.

Reach wep is of course big help.

To add, reach weapons (glaives, bardiches, longspears) have some of the best items and enchants on them, especially for mounted characters.

Said someone who keeps 3 different generals in crusade mode pretending it's HoMM.
I keep 2 generals, one being a wizard with 3 stacks limit, which sucks and the other one being also a wizard who for some reason has 4 stacks limit. If I had known the limit doesn't grow with general's level, I wouldn't have developed the 3-limit wizard to level 4. But as it stands, I need a second general just in order to store the stacks which I can't be used by my active general's army.

You can use two generals (I prefer three) to change up your approach for different foes. Choosing two of the same you know whatever.
What is Manuever Mastery and how am I supposed to know? Maybe from the game manual? :lol:

It's a skill the general starts with or gets on level up, or from an event/decree.

Parabalus

Arcane
They need to be used on the machine, with the prisoner, before the force field you mention, to get a key to open 3 other doors.
Great. I only have Examine and Break on the mechanism there, so I suppose something is buggy. DD it is then.
edit: great, can't aim dimension door mass into the rooms, single works but then Nenio gets eaten by demons. :lol:

I managed by aiming it at characters bunched up in front of the doors, not past the door. Took some tries though.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

From reading the abilities when leveling or choosing your general. Have never not seen it show up in first four lvls. Pretty much must have on first General so you can get both HK and Clerics.

Theres also a project later (Leadership III? with one of the options being all generals getting it).

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
So enemies in Blackwater have both Regeneration (electricity) and are immune to electricity.

I guess this is the point where the game stops hinting at taking Ascendant Element, and tells you to get it, or else.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is kineticist good in this game? I mean, their damage is amazing on kingmaker. Considering how everything is ultra bloated in this game, does the kinectic blast damage scale to the new bloat level?

Desiderius

Patron
So enemies in Blackwater have both Regeneration (electricity) and are immune to electricity.

I guess this is the point where the game stops hinting at taking Ascendant Element, and tells you to get it, or else.

If you were using electricity you already had it since demons are immune. The game gives you two (good) Adamantine weapons.

Johnny Biggums

Learned
Quick lunch post. I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so I don't know if everyone has moved on from dissing the writing quality or not. I find it pulpy and ridden with cliches. Not infrequent loredumps. Companions feel stereotypical and over-the-top, and most are rather predictably hiding a terrible secret. (Even Regill, whose military pragmatism I really liked in the limited exposure we had to him in the alpha, seems to have turned into a one dimensional ultra-disciplinarian.) The mortal traitors are harboring almost ludicrously awful grievances. Prominent pozzed characters add a new layer of annoyance. But as a longtime enjoyer of the fantasy genre I see pulpiness as integral to the genre. And it isn't all pulp, imo. For instance, Staunton's dynamic with Minagho and with his brother was complicated and interesting. Although you're forced to interact with the pozzed npcs, you're given several opportunities to humiliate some of them - if you're small and petty and that's your thing (I am and it most certainly is my thing.) For the time being I am liking the writing. Constant loading screens are a much bigger fail.

Desiderius

Patron
Is kineticist good in this game? I mean, their damage is amazing on kingmaker. Considering how everything is ultra bloated in this game, does the kinectic blast damage scale to the new bloat level?

It has some good (if boring) item/mythic support but people have been saying class is pretty buggy/janky. They took out overflow?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would like to as about opinions about the feats designed to protect your mount:
Mounted Combat
Indomitable Mount

Worth getting? How good are your odds of beating a Mobility check vs enemy attack? Plus its once per round only.

Guess Indomitable might be better, since most spell DCs should be lower then AB of high level enemies?

I don't think Mounted Combat is really working, because I never saw any check about it either hit or miss. But you need it for other mounted feats, especially Spirted Charge. (now that works )
Same for Indomitable, didn't see that one either.

If they work they'll be nuts I think because my mad dog/gendarme 's mobility was 52+ at the end.

Desiderius

Patron

I used Soulshear on the enemies immune to electricity. Don't know if I ever found any other adamantine weapon other than that so far, though. Coup de Grace should also work, but it's a pain in the ass against the demons.

At level 10, I will go, how bad could it be?
Remove all fragile or otherwise breakable objects in your vicinity.

Greybor comes equipped with one.

Desiderius

Patron
Mounted Combat
Indomitable Mount

I don't think Mounted Combat is really working, because I never saw any check about it either hit or miss. But you need it for other mounted feats, especially Spireted Charge.
Same for Indomitable, didn't see that one either.

If they work they'll be nuts I think because my mad dog/gendarme 's mobility was 52+ at the end.

52 won’t be enough but yeah you can get there as the game progresses if you work at it. I’ve seen Mounted Combat “work” - it fired on a miss. Once I get relic can test Indomitable. May need to choose Feat on both rider and Mount?

That’s what I did on test where it fired.

Jackpot

Learned
I don't know where but there's also a shortsword that bypasses all damage reduction and happens to do electric damage.
I gave that to Seelah and she took care of finishing off the demons at Blackwater.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
As for why these writers might be inclined to include some stronk wimmen:

Pls can include in DLC with Gunslinger class thx.

Wokels note second date. This waifu belongs making beautiful grandchildren not getting shot by deadender Krauts.

Your ideal women are the ones who never age? :obviously:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
If you were using electricity you already had it since demons are immune. The game gives you two (good) Adamantine weapons.

I wasn't, and I have no adamantine weapons.

No big deal, I'll figure it out. I just found it funny that the game kinda handholds you by giving you wands to deal with the regen, but then goes, nah, you gotta try harder.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know where but there's also a shortsword that bypasses all damage reduction and happens to do electric damage.
I gave that to Seelah and she took care of finishing off the demons at Blackwater.

The Gormandizer! Good call. That settles it - Wolj uses second Finesse Training on Short Sword. Maybe third on Estoc.

Desiderius

Patron

I wasn't, and I have no adamantine weapons.

No big deal, I'll figure it out. I just found it funny that the game kinda handholds you by giving you wands to deal with the regen, but then goes, nah, you gotta try harder.

More likely a bug tbh. You ave them this game gives you the time to go back and get them.

Thonius

Arcane
Quick lunch post. I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so I don't know if everyone has moved on from dissing the writing quality or not. I find it pulpy and ridden with cliches. Not infrequent loredumps. Companions feel stereotypical and over-the-top, and most are rather predictably hiding a terrible secret. (Even Regill, whose military pragmatism I really liked in the limited exposure we had to him in the alpha, seems to have turned into a one dimensional ultra-disciplinarian.) The mortal traitors are harboring almost ludicrously awful grievances. Prominent pozzed characters add a new layer of annoyance. But as a longtime enjoyer of the fantasy genre I see pulpiness as integral to the genre. And it isn't all pulp, imo. For instance, Staunton's dynamic with Minagho and with his brother was complicated and interesting. Although you're forced to interact with the pozzed npcs, you're given several opportunities to humiliate some of them - if you're small and petty and that's your thing (I am and it most certainly is my thing.) For the time being I am liking the writing. Constant loading screens are a much bigger fail.
The way (and speed) modern entertainment industry goes and games included WOTR writing will be regarded as BASED AND REDPILLED in about a year or so.
In other words:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom