Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yes, in here, I avoided both threads for spoilers. Even now I'm just dipping and aswering ratings and quotes to avoid spoilers as much as I can. I will help you if I can though.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Desi doesn't want anything beyond theorycrafting and mocking people who don't use minmaxed builds.
Taking a bait of "minmaxing", meaning leaving their characters with glaring weaknesses, spreading thin and not correctly, delaying strong abilities and spell levels, especially buffs, is what makes people fail to begin with.

I swear some of the builds I've seen around on wiki and places, made me tear up a bit; no wonder people have problems with the game, they have no idea what they are doing when mixing classes.

They’re all still playing 3.5, or worse some shitty clickbait MMO. I love me some 3.5, wish somebody would make another big 3.5 game but this ain’t it.

Try playing DOSII underleveled by two lvls for a taste of what they’re going through.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Just got the dino summoning item. What a joke. 26 hp? HAHAHAHAHA.

It's like a Ranger Companion iirc, so it grows with you and it's considered like a Druid Companion 3 CL lower than the char you equip it with. I sometimes use it to plug holes in my formation but it's mainly useless screen clutter because the dino in itself is not exactly the best companion, it's big and cumbersome, has a single attack and sub-par AC.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I asked various questions regarding builds and didn't receive an answer from our resident build fags and Owlcat apologists, so stop acting like hypocrites.
Well, I don't create builds, I create Characters; so I am not much help there :M

As I said, I don't minimax either. Heck, I make sure to give characters nice even stats that make sense from an rp perspective. And still I beat Kingmaker on Core twice with less bullshit than Wrath so far.

What really irks me: After restarting a few times with my current sohei build (with its bugged out mounted combat) somehow I have less trouble than with ostensibly more powerful builds before.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm almost at the end of the siege of Drezen and I think the number of times I had to reload so far in the entire game (not counting the crusade minigame) still hasn't reached 12.

If by reloads you mean the number of times I "lost" a fight (which also means the times I considered a single downed char too much of a chore to keep going) I'm exactly at 3 reloads at the beginning of act 3. Those are:

The named Vampire in the Grey Garrison
The fight with the demon on top of the Citadel, he dominated Queen Galfray (lol) on turn 1 and she insta gibbed me
The Ghosts in the Ruins of Ashberry Hamlet. I think those should only become available in Act 3 but I somehow found the location at level 8 and decided I had what was needed to take them down, I needed multiple reloads for that.
I was referring to a previous post of our resident fashion expert in which he said that there are encounters in the Gray Garrison where he had to reload a dozen times to win, lamenting the excessive difficulty of the game on Core. Personally, unless I'm forgetting something (and it's possible) I had to reload 8 times during the first two chapters (but I'm reloading every single time a character dies because I can't be bothered to check if I have scrolls of raise dead in my inventory).

So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part. Probably too many trash fights against nothing more than babaus and those capra demons, but with Cleaving Shot and Vital Strike + Improved Cleaving Strike they rarely last more than one round.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I have no idea how pathfinder works. I’m not min-maxing, in fact I think I’m being quite un-optimal.

My strategy currently is having 7 melee chars and buffing them all to hell with crusader’s edge etc and deleting everything as fast as possible. Still waiting for a wall to hit where I can’t win using that tactic. Haven’t hit any major trouble yet.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part.

Ah. Yes I agree. Was saying more or less the same to Thac0 on the Shoutbox today, I thoroughly enjoyed Drezen. Did it entirely TB, only switched RT for the brief times it derped. Fuck those giant tho, they definitely kept playing RTwP.

FriendlyMerchant

I have no idea how pathfinder works. I’m not min-maxing, in fact I think I’m being quite un-optimal.

My strategy currently is having 7 melee chars and buffing them all to hell with crusader’s edge etc and deleting everything as fast as possible. Still waiting for a wall to hit where I can’t win using that tactic. Haven’t hit any major trouble yet.
There's mind fog spam which might hurt you if you rely on that strategy.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/2900870858649775891

PF: WotR: Patch 1.0.3d
Crusaders!

We’ve just uploaded a hot-fix for the following issues:

• Couldn’t choose the mythic path of Gold Dragon after retraining - fixed. If you retrained before the 1.0.3 patch, and Gold Dragon didn’t work, this should fix your problem;
  • The ruler of Alushinyrra and her guest wasn’t present during your audience with them in chapter 4 - fixed;
  • The game will stop pausing after the level-up interface now;
  • You will be able to retrain a character on the Demon Mythic Path now. However, if you retrained your demon in chapter 2 in version 1.0.2, you will need to load an earlier save, before you retrained. Otherwise you will have issues with the event when you get summoned in a dream and the following events.

Known issues:

In chapter 5, on the Mythic Path of Demon, Yozz will come to speak with you right after the summit and ask to come with him. If you tell him that you need more time to prepare, you won’t be able to progress the quest. The workaround is to go with him without delay.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part.

Ah. Yes I agree. Was saying more or less the same to Thac0 on the Shoutbox today, I thoroughly enjoyed Drezen. Did it entirely TB, only switched RT for the brief times it derped. Fuck those giant tho, they definitely kept playing RTwP.
I tried playing Drezen tactically with turn-based, but it was so slow, buggy, and laggy. Game is made for prebuff max and murder everything quickly in real time. Only time when I used TB now is in ambush battles and random encounters.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
The game is quite easy in turn based mode. Since I prefer it over RTwP (its a nice mode also), I recommend playing on hard.

RTwP - Core Difficulty

Turn Based - Hard

Thonius

Arcane
That X in Drezen Dungeon that summoned demon was a tricky fucking battle... had to reload few times and click through all options to kill x. Had to really on Ember with a scream to kill X. I liked how you can (need) to interrupt it. That is particular case where TB can fuck you over with initiative.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1. They decided to fix respec on a case-by-case basis. It means more game breaking bugs and patches are ahead. Don't use respec if you want to play without problems.
2. They are quick to react to deep architecrural problems. This is very good.
3. I will play the game after 2 weeks without patches. Promise!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm almost at the end of the siege of Drezen and I think the number of times I had to reload so far in the entire game (not counting the crusade minigame) still hasn't reached 12.

If by reloads you mean the number of times I "lost" a fight (which also means the times I considered a single downed char too much of a chore to keep going) I'm exactly at 3 reloads at the beginning of act 3. Those are:

The named Vampire in the Grey Garrison
The fight with the demon on top of the Citadel, he dominated Queen Galfray (lol) on turn 1 and she insta gibbed me
The Ghosts in the Ruins of Ashberry Hamlet. I think those should only become available in Act 3 but I somehow found the location at level 8 and decided I had what was needed to take them down, I needed multiple reloads for that.
I was referring to a previous post of our resident fashion expert in which he said that there are encounters in the Gray Garrison where he had to reload a dozen times to win, lamenting the excessive difficulty of the game on Core. Personally, unless I'm forgetting something (and it's possible) I had to reload 8 times during the first two chapters (but I'm reloading every single time a character dies because I can't be bothered to check if I have scrolls of raise dead in my inventory).

So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part. Probably too many trash fights against nothing more than babaus and those capra demons, but with Cleaving Shot and Vital Strike + Improved Cleaving Strike they rarely last more than one round.

I still find it unclear how someone could do, say, the Jeslyn fight on Core without knowing beforehand what it entails AND with the bugged out swarms at release.

People say a lot of shit yet I see no evidence of any of it. Making a short video of these fights wouldn't be hard...

So far all I've seen is
"Fight x is hard how did you do it? - - - > Silence
" How do I build y optimally?" - - - > Silence

Weird, huh

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Do they fix bugs faster in this than in kingmaker? I've waited two years for pathfinder "refined" edition and there were still obvious bugs. I hope i won't have to wait two years with this one -though it looks more coincise in its scope, so possibly less stuff intertwined to patch.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I think I’m being quite un-optimal.
My strategy currently is having 7 melee chars and buffing them all to hell with crusader’s edge
Codexers - a randomly optimal players.
Looks kinda optimal. One caster can give other buffs and you'll be golden.
I have 2 casters and 4 melee chars. I also have 3 pets which you can give crusader buff and cold iron buff to and buff their AC to 40.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I tried playing Drezen tactically with turn-based, but it was so slow, buggy, and laggy. Game is made for prebuff max and murder everything quickly in real time. Only time when I used TB now is in ambush battles and random encounters.

Yes but by that time you're level 9 and have access to rod of extend or metamagic, that means attributes buffs last 18 minutes. You need 2 casts x rest top. Barkskin lasts one hour and half with no fuss needed. The few buffs that are counted in rounds like haste or Divine Power are either plentiful (and swift, in case of haste, you should have the hat) or very situational and personal (DP). As I said, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it TB. I gloated in it. It lasted as long as the whole ToEE, probably had more fight in it, was less (lol) buggy and I really, really, needed it. Gawd that was good.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Do they fix bugs faster in this than in kingmaker? I've waited two years for pathfinder "refined" edition and there were still obvious bugs. I hope i won't have to wait two years with this one -though it looks more coincise in its scope, so possibly less stuff intertwined to patch.
This game is a lot more like Arcanum now than Kingmaker, don't worry.

Uh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom