Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I'm almost at the end of the siege of Drezen and I think the number of times I had to reload so far in the entire game (not counting the crusade minigame) still hasn't reached 12.

If by reloads you mean the number of times I "lost" a fight (which also means the times I considered a single downed char too much of a chore to keep going) I'm exactly at 3 reloads at the beginning of act 3. Those are:

The named Vampire in the Grey Garrison
The fight with the demon on top of the Citadel, he dominated Queen Galfray (lol) on turn 1 and she insta gibbed me
The Ghosts in the Ruins of Ashberry Hamlet. I think those should only become available in Act 3 but I somehow found the location at level 8 and decided I had what was needed to take them down, I needed multiple reloads for that.
I was referring to a previous post of our resident fashion expert in which he said that there are encounters in the Gray Garrison where he had to reload a dozen times to win, lamenting the excessive difficulty of the game on Core. Personally, unless I'm forgetting something (and it's possible) I had to reload 8 times during the first two chapters (but I'm reloading every single time a character dies because I can't be bothered to check if I have scrolls of raise dead in my inventory).

So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part. Probably too many trash fights against nothing more than babaus and those capra demons, but with Cleaving Shot and Vital Strike + Improved Cleaving Strike they rarely last more than one round.

I still find it unclear how someone could do, say, the Jeslyn fight on Core without knowing beforehand what it entails AND with the bugged out swarms at release.

People say a lot of shit yet I see no evidence of any of it. Making a short video of these fights wouldn't be hard...

So far all I've seen is
"Fight x is hard how did you do it? - - - > Silence
" How do I build y optimally?" - - - > Silence

Weird, huh
Depends if you have inquisitors to help you. I had them, saw jeslyn use summon spell and charged her with everyone before she could cast anything because you have haste unless you failed to save wizards.

I did it first try

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I still find it unclear how someone could do, say, the Jeslyn fight on Core without knowing beforehand what it entails AND with the bugged out swarms at release.

First, when I got there I encountered no bug iirc. As how I did it, I have a merc Druid. As soon as I realized what was happening, I ate a round of AoO and retreated. Used all the summon consumables I had found (the Mug, the Ability on my main to summon a Babau and a couple scrolls) and started using my high level summon, which all bypass DR, as does my animal companion.

Give Outflank to everybody

No, use a scion with outflank as Battle prowess, much better!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm almost at the end of the siege of Drezen and I think the number of times I had to reload so far in the entire game (not counting the crusade minigame) still hasn't reached 12.

If by reloads you mean the number of times I "lost" a fight (which also means the times I considered a single downed char too much of a chore to keep going) I'm exactly at 3 reloads at the beginning of act 3. Those are:

The named Vampire in the Grey Garrison
The fight with the demon on top of the Citadel, he dominated Queen Galfray (lol) on turn 1 and she insta gibbed me
The Ghosts in the Ruins of Ashberry Hamlet. I think those should only become available in Act 3 but I somehow found the location at level 8 and decided I had what was needed to take them down, I needed multiple reloads for that.
I was referring to a previous post of our resident fashion expert in which he said that there are encounters in the Gray Garrison where he had to reload a dozen times to win, lamenting the excessive difficulty of the game on Core. Personally, unless I'm forgetting something (and it's possible) I had to reload 8 times during the first two chapters (but I'm reloading every single time a character dies because I can't be bothered to check if I have scrolls of raise dead in my inventory).

So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part. Probably too many trash fights against nothing more than babaus and those capra demons, but with Cleaving Shot and Vital Strike + Improved Cleaving Strike they rarely last more than one round.

On those you’re just helping the Crusaders and cleaning up the stragglers the oh shit Shadow Votary stop the PhantWeb or pack of Evokers at 2 O’Clock fry that Enervation! But I mean by then Daeran has Spontaneous Resto so nothing you can’t deal with.

The Shadow Votary in the Tavern did manage to wipe my team in Alpha with PWeb and Fireballs so you can’t just mail it in but you’re never in serious danger if you don’t.

That said coming in the Temple the back way is… not good.

frajaq

Erudite
I'm playing a Quarterstaff Master and just noticed it's actually a double weapon. Does this means it's affected by Two Handed Weapon AND two weapon fighting strategies at the same time?

Gradenmayer

Learned
Be careful with hyperoptimized one-shot builds: there are enemies in last chapter that revive endlessly if you kill them too fast (they are supposed to revive once, but it's bugged) And there are enemies that straight up fall and don't die if you do too much burst damage (yes, the same bug from the Kingmaker).

You have to spam click cheat that kills enemies from ToyBox to progress.

Shadenuat

Arcane
enemies in last chapter that revive endlessly if you kill them too fast (they are supposed to revive once, but it's bugged) And there are enemies that straight up fall and don't die if you do too much burst damage
AXIIsSy.jpg
they finally found a way to block desi-tactic.

(I would just put an equivalent on Thorns/Iron Maiden on enemies from Diablo 2; like it was on release in Chaos Sanctuary before Blizz removed it cause of infinite dying ww barbarians)

Thonius

Arcane
Oh yeah fight with that Balor in Drezen yard, I over buffed and Killed it myself too fast? Anyhow it was living-dead for 5 turns till I realized something is fishy, turned off TB and boom Greybor did his thing.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
On those you’re just helping the Crusaders and cleaning up the stragglers the oh shit Shadow Votary stop the PhantWeb

Ah, you mean the one right at the door by the stairs? I saw it, sicced the Smilo on it, which critted it twice and 'xploded it. I saw the message for the phantasmal web cast that failed, saw the other two demons and thought "hey, that was lucky :D"

Gradenmayer

Learned
I'm playing a Quarterstaff Master and just noticed it's actually a double weapon. Does this means it's affected by Two Handed Weapon AND two weapon fighting strategies at the same time?
It's just a 2 handed weapon in this one.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh yeah fight with that Balor in Drezen yard, I over buffed and Killed it myself too fast? Anyhow it was living-dead for 5 turns till I realized something is fishy, turned off TB and boom Greybor did his thing.
Fuck, then it doesn't work, Desi plays on RTwP.

it doesn't work. (sigh)

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Charge is fucked again. Now it works all of the time, but sometimes you won't get your charge bonuses for no reason. Previously it was only broken in TB, now it sometimes doesn't work in RT.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Double weapons are just dual wield weapons.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

First, when I got there I encountered no bug iirc. As how I did it, I have a merc Druid. As soon as I realized what was happening, I ate a round of AoO and retreated. Used all the summon consumables I had found (the Mug, the Ability on my main to summon a Babau and a couple scrolls) and started using my high level summon, which all bypass DR, as does my animal companion.

Give Outflank to everybody

No, use a scion with outflank as Battle prowess, much better!

Swarms were bugged (heh) to cause damage every time they touched a character. I noticed the retarded amount of damage with the earlier rat swarms but figured it was just the usual Owlcat rusgob "You didn't like it? FUCK YOU HAVE SOME MORE" balancing.

And while your approach with summons is fine, I didn't have them at the time. I will readily admit that I horribly fucked up the first time I did the first act because the game automatically made me rest for days on end so I went into the garrison and the earlier tavern defense horribly underequipped.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Shadow Votary in the Tavern did manage to wipe my team in Alpha with PWeb and Fireballs so you can’t just mail it in but you’re never in serious danger if you don’t.

I am kinda wondering if at least one part of Shadow Votary's combo of Phantasmal Web + Phantasmal Putrefaction is the part of Additional Enemy Behaviors or they glue the party and ruin your day with a ton of attr damage on any difficulty?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's just a 2 handed weapon in this one.

So there's another thing thats fucked up then. The animations (which are neat btw) clearly make it look like a double weapon.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am kinda wondering if at least one part of Shadow Votary's combo of Phantasmal Web + Phantasmal Putrefaction is the part of Additional Enemy Behaviors or they glue the party and ruin your day with a ton of attr damage on any difficulty?
I'm not proud for saying this, but: I just sneak around and when I see them tp in, or come out of hiding, I just back off a bit and start the fight in TB. Surprise round and everything, they generally drop before they can cast anything.

Cheese, I know... but then again, Owlcat is cheesing me too, so... fair is fair.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

It’s a nice way to clue people in that there’s more they can do with Nenio than tack a couple sneaks onto her cantrips.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-15_22-51-13.png

What the fuck happened? Kingmaker had good Lawful choices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom