Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    They double counted the racial. His speed was big issue in Alpha. More than fixed now!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "The writing is superb, many of the companion quests are about genuine growth but one set in particular resonates - a recovering demon, blessed by a goddess, trying to be Good."

*fart* I wonder if anyone praising the writing or the 'recovering demon trying to do good; brag about how it is original, deep, and 'progressive'. I hope so so we can smack them down with FFG and others who have done it first. :D

"She just stuns your own team - not missing much tbh. Well-versed OP."

Just place her in melee when summoning as she'll only use melee attacks again. Thankfully, the sound burst stun DC isn't super high so it should b easy to pass. of course, if you have 3-4 members within range, probably one will fail which can be deadly. It is even funnier if it fails the DC because I think she's been stunned by her own spell. LMAO

Just got the dino summoning item. What a joke. 26 hp? HAHAHAHAHA.

I'll say this about companions, some of them have what could be good characterization but often the writing/voice acting fails.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Kek channelling positive energy reveals that demon at puzzle in Drezen
    love these small details

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ran into my first properly gamestopping bug that I have no idea how to fix. After ivory labyrinth trying to load any map causes the loading bar to go up incredibly slowly, and then get stuck at 100%. No idea what caused it, no idea how to fix.

^ Top  
  5. FriendlyMerchant Learned

FriendlyMerchant
    Did you restart your computer or reformat your hard-drive?

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Desi doesn't want anything beyond theorycrafting and mocking people who don't use minmaxed builds.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Incense Synthesizer is up.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    I'm almost at the end of the siege of Drezen and I think the number of times I had to reload so far in the entire game (not counting the crusade minigame) still hasn't reached 12. You can play this game using different approaches: you can do whatever the fuck it is that you were doing during your first playthrough, or you can approach each encounter using the right tool among the ones at your disposal (and if you just bring the premade companions with you and level them in their starting classes, it's almost impossible for you not to have everything you need at all times).

With enough patience, you will reach the end of the game with both strategies, but one of them allows you to play the game without reloading a hundred times in the Gray Garrison. As I already said, maybe in later chapters everything will go to shit and the game will become impossible, but so far things have only become easier and easier with each level up.

On another note, I just picked up the Fracturing Battleaxe in Drezen and basically Seelah (the only character in my group who uses one-handed weapons) just went up three levels. Dealing 2 points of CON damage on each hit is huge, considering how almost every single enemy has tons of HD in this game. If you're lucky and roll 3 CON damage, it can be something like 20 more damage on each hit. A save with DC 17 isn't impressive, but with all the ways you have to reduce the enemies' saving throws (between Sosiel's Archon's Aura, Bard Seelah's Dirge of Doom, and Ember's Evil Eye, every enemy starts with -8 to ST).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Taking a bait of "minmaxing", meaning leaving their characters with glaring weaknesses, spreading thin and not correctly, delaying strong abilities and spell levels, especially buffs, is what makes people fail to begin with.

I swear some of the builds I've seen around on wiki and places, made me tear up a bit; no wonder people have problems with the game, they have no idea what they are doing when mixing classes.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  10. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Is it a bug that during resting sometimes there is VO for banter and sometimes there is none?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. FriendlyMerchant Learned

FriendlyMerchant
    Probably not.

^ Top  
  12. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    If by reloads you mean the number of times I "lost" a fight (which also means the times I considered a single downed char too much of a chore to keep going) I'm exactly at 3 reloads at the beginning of act 3. Those are:

Show Spoiler
    The named Vampire in the Grey Garrison
    The fight with the demon on top of the Citadel, he dominated Queen Galfray (lol) on turn 1 and she insta gibbed me
    The Ghosts in the Ruins of Ashberry Hamlet. I think those should only become available in Act 3 but I somehow found the location at level 8 and decided I had what was needed to take them down, I needed multiple reloads for that.

If by reloads you mean just go back and try things differently, then by all means I did much more than those.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Technomancer Savant

Technomancer
    Apparently added with new patch, happens when you kill companions. So reloading before you do that is the only way to fix it.

^ Top  
  14. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Eh, I don't think I have a great save for that and I definitely don't want to redo ivory labyrinth. I'll just wait for patch, seems like a lot of people are having this issue so odds are there'll be one before the weekend anyway. Or maybe I'll use the toolbox mod to hack them back to life and see if that works.

^ Top  
  15. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    I asked various questions regarding builds and didn't receive an answer from our resident build fags and Owlcat apologists, so stop acting like hypocrites.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    I personally avoided this thread, so I never saw your questions, otherwise I would have answered. Would you mind repeating them or is it too late now?

^ Top  
  17. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    In here, not in the pre-launch thread. Said build fags and apologists made me not go there.

• decline decline x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Yes, in here, I avoided both threads for spoilers. Even now I'm just dipping and aswering ratings and quotes to avoid spoilers as much as I can. I will help you if I can though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    274 pages just in 13 days? Might be a record of insanity.
    I thought the beta topic was renamed at first, but nope xD

^ Top  
  20. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Well, I don't create builds, I create Characters; so I am not much help there :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    They’re all still playing 3.5, or worse some shitty clickbait MMO. I love me some 3.5, wish somebody would make another big 3.5 game but this ain’t it.

Try playing DOSII underleveled by two lvls for a taste of what they’re going through.

^ Top  
  22. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    It's like a Ranger Companion iirc, so it grows with you and it's considered like a Druid Companion 3 CL lower than the char you equip it with. I sometimes use it to plug holes in my formation but it's mainly useless screen clutter because the dino in itself is not exactly the best companion, it's big and cumbersome, has a single attack and sub-par AC.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    As I said, I don't minimax either. Heck, I make sure to give characters nice even stats that make sense from an rp perspective. And still I beat Kingmaker on Core twice with less bullshit than Wrath so far.

What really irks me: After restarting a few times with my current sohei build (with its bugged out mounted combat) somehow I have less trouble than with ostensibly more powerful builds before.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    I was referring to a previous post of our resident fashion expert in which he said that there are encounters in the Gray Garrison where he had to reload a dozen times to win, lamenting the excessive difficulty of the game on Core. Personally, unless I'm forgetting something (and it's possible) I had to reload 8 times during the first two chapters (but I'm reloading every single time a character dies because I can't be bothered to check if I have scrolls of raise dead in my inventory).

So far, I'd say the assault of Drezen has been my favorite part. Probably too many trash fights against nothing more than babaus and those capra demons, but with Cleaving Shot and Vital Strike + Improved Cleaving Strike they rarely last more than one round.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    I have no idea how pathfinder works. I’m not min-maxing, in fact I think I’m being quite un-optimal.

My strategy currently is having 7 melee chars and buffing them all to hell with crusader’s edge etc and deleting everything as fast as possible. Still waiting for a wall to hit where I can’t win using that tactic. Haven’t hit any major trouble yet.

• incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.