Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nahel

Arcane
That's great. As intended. You invested 11 levels of Druid, Magus or Wiz/Sorc, you deserve to mow down armies. Fair.

Except its not mine. And a fucking cutscene force my party on it.
After dispelling all my buff.

Great design especially after killing another boss.

That is the problem with fanboys. Unable to admit any flaws.

Same shit with the crystalline shit spamming dc 40 aoe stun

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard02.jpg

(Tyranny turns enemies friendly. :smug: Problem of course is that you cant force attack friendlies.)

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Downside to my all melee party is that I found one
tick swarm
and it murdered my entire party effortlessly.

I had to retreat
:dead:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Good job finding the one general skillset that actually works right now

Easy. Clic recruit. Scan for mages, if present recruit. If not, reload. Any mage will do. At level up, select scorching ray, cure wound, the skill to increase unit caps and whatever, power is good.

I finished Act two without losing a single soldier, I pretty much intend to do the same with act three and I don't think it will be much harder.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Benching my Lich in Act V until the bugs with it's conclusion get resolved and I figure out if it's possible to do it in a means that doesn't leave you with Zacharius' ultimatum. But the DL on the Lich companions is thus:
Staunton: Warpriest, Act 3, impossible to miss.
Delamere: Slayer, Act 3, in the Temple of Erastil's Basement.
Ciar: Cavalier, Act 3, finish his acolyte's little quest in Wintersun and then talk to the Pillar then gloat to his face.
Kestolgyr: Fighter, Act 4, conclude that little Airship-Vignette with you either alerting the fortress beforehand or getting captured.
Starting over with an Azata in the meanwhile, Bard/Knife-Fighter.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Good job finding the one general skillset that actually works right now

Easy. Clic recruit. Scan for mages, if present recruit. If not, reload. Any mage will do. At level up, select scorching ray, cure wound, the skill to increase unit caps and whatever, power is good.

I finished Act two without losing a single soldier, I pretty much intend to do the same with act three and I don't think it will be much harder.

Inversely, picking anyone BUT a mage means you are shit out of luck. I am 100% certain the physical +dmg and +ac skills do not work at all.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If Exhaustion and Prone were beating it was it really a threat in the first place?

See, this post explains the difference between you and me. A threat is fun , I need to think. Selective sirocco allows me to clean the screen from chaff and concentrate on the threat. Normal sirocco is the gay option for those that either reload or are at the second playthrough and already know what to expect and so cast it ahead of time, or they pre-buff their front liner to be immune.

Selective is only for immediate effects.

Dude. No. Just, no. Go play another game.

Selective Spell (Metamagic)

Your allies need not fear friendly fire.

Prerequisite: Spellcraft 10 ranks.

Benefit: When casting a selective spell with an area effect and a duration of instantaneous, you can choose a number of targets in the area equal to the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type (Charisma for bards, oracles, paladins, sorcerers, and summoners; Intelligence for witches and wizards; Wisdom for clerics, druids, inquisitors, and rangers). These targets are excluded from the effects of your spell.

Level Increase: +1 (a selective spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.)

Spells that do not have an area of effect or a duration of instantaneous do not benefit from this feat.

See you think it's fun to do the same damn thing 500 other idiots are already doing on twitch or youtube or whatever.

To me that just kind of seems I don't know lame. Most of the time when I try whatever they're doing it also sucks balls compared to what I'm already doing.

This is the difference between our generations. This is why there must be war.

Mortmal

Arcane
Benching my Lich in Act V until the bugs with it's conclusion get resolved and I figure out if it's possible to do it in a means that doesn't leave you with Zacharius' ultimatum. But the DL on the Lich companions is thus:
Staunton: Warpriest, Act 3, impossible to miss.
Delamere: Slayer, Act 3, in the Temple of Erastil's Basement.
Ciar: Cavalier, Act 3, finish his acolyte's little quest in Wintersun and then talk to the Pillar then gloat to his face.
Kestolgyr: Fighter, Act 4, conclude that little Airship-Vignette with you either alerting the fortress beforehand or getting captured.
Starting over with an Azata in the meanwhile, Bard/Knife-Fighter.
Zacharius did his ultimatum too, but i had the option to convince him immediately to give back the philactery and consider pc as ally.

Desiderius

Patron
You know like three fucking spells. The same three every other idiot knows. Okay so it's bugged or OC changed it. Why do I need a big patch of shit that messes up my own guys to deal with shit that isn't a threat in the first place.

I've got Nenio's spells that come with enemy only for that so I can use Persistent instead.

Mortmal

Arcane
That's great. As intended. You invested 11 levels of Druid, Magus or Wiz/Sorc, you deserve to mow down armies. Fair.

Except its not mine. And a fucking cutscene force my party on it.
After dispelling all my buff.

Great design especially after killing another boss.

That is the problem with fanboys. Unable to admit any flaws.

Same shit with the crystalline shit spamming dc 40 aoe stun
Same stuff happened to me end of act 4 , place hunger aspect , fire storm etc , succesfully nuking the boss and her minion without too much trouble . Then a conversation with baphomet is triggered, pulling the wole party into the AOE effects. Then no matter what you do it doesnt let you claim baphomet kill.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You know like three fucking spells.

No U.

This is the difference between our generations. This is why there must be war.

You're assuming too much young padawan. I started playing when the red box was a thing. My first magic missile was using 1d6+1 and back then dwarves were no fucking casters, capisc'? I'm auld, ancient and I know my system. I also know that normally selective don't work with non-insta but guess what? Owlcat! Want one other word? Flanking!

Now, if you could stop being retadred for one page, one single page and admit that maybe, just maybe, other people can be good at this game, I'm sure we could all get back and enjoy this convo, amirite?

Erebus

Arcane
The thing I disliked the most in Icewind Dale 2 was the way the game would sometimes forcibly bring your entire party to a specific (and always disadvantageous) position just because you'd triggered a fight.

It's perhaps even more annoying to see the same kind of shit happen in a CRPG released 19 years later.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The thing I disliked the most in Icewind Dale 2 was the way the game would sometimes forcibly bring your entire party to a specific (and always disadvantageous) position just because you'd triggered a fight.

It's perhaps even more annoying to see the same kind of shit happen in a CRPG released 19 years later.

It's cheap ass design, same as randomly spawning enemies behind you during an ongoing fight. One of the worst RPGs ever - Dragon Age 2 - did both with glee and so does Wrath. It's the digital equivalent of the DM going "Oh sorry I forgot there's actually 10 more guys and they are behind you!!"

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ironically, this is what I love about this game. And what I liked about IWD II as well. Other than the monk place.

I feel like the "recommended party position" they just implemented, is for little children playing on Story Mode. You wanna play a real RPG, you gotta have a secondary tough guy in the back to make sure your casters don't get insta-gibbed by ninjas.

I'm happy.

Desiderius

Patron
Now, if you could stop being retadred for one page, one single page and admit that maybe, just maybe, other people can be good at this game, I'm sure we could all get back and enjoy this convo, amirite?

What if I am retarded? Slow and steady wins the race sucka.

There's all kinds of people better at this game than me. Just not the memetards.

Git gud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom