Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    You wish.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • sheeeeiiiit sheeeeiiiit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Years ago, when D&D was a thing. Nowadays, fighters somehow swing swords 22 times in 6 seconds, while being impervious to 85% of known energy sources and being able to duplicate themselves on the spiritual realm, hence doubling their actions before haste. And that's before the monk dip!

I feel you man, I started playing in the '90 too.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • decline decline x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Site is being purged to be more advertiser friendly.
    Laugh now, you won't be laughing when it comes for you.

For anyone else reading this post, let it be known that I'd make an excellent shill for hotpockets.

• Funny x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Fishy x 1
    • decline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    They should work on PATHFINDING.
    Motherfucking shitfaced cumstain! I'm absolutely assblasted by the fucking PATHFINDING in this game! Granted that I'm sleep deprived a bit but every time I try to enter one particular room with NOT SO GRAND encounter I get fucked in the ass by moronic pathfinding worst of all it's combined with SPACEBAR BUG ( I cannot pause on spacebar or icon), in RTWP I get gyga raped by idiotic pathfinding ( mount does not help) and lack of pause. TB - I just lose initiative every time! I won't it like 5 times already but every time someone dies and I'm all out of scrolls! It's MADDENING!
    That's the fun part, no?
    That's suck, anyhow how the heck sited generate income nowadays? Everyone got adblockers/antiminers and so forth.

^ Top  
  5. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    He wasnt booted , its a misunderstanding, rpgcodex has helpful staff. He asked for a ban, you can scroll up , so he was granted one . Same thing, if you ask for self eject, darkunderlord is a super helpful guy .

• Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Fishy x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Israfael Arcane

Israfael
    Yeah, I was very butthurt to see that most enemies in the starting dungeon were exactly CR 5 so that most of my kit did not work at all. Had to reroll to generalist wizard by the tavern fight so that I would not loose transmutation (which is basically the only thing that works at low levels atm). Could get by without anything like that in the Kangmaker (and to add something extra there's Ekun-styled archer right from the get go in wrathfinder)

Have you played Brigade E5? :lol:

^ Top  
  7. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Eh. American will have time to play american games with his kids outside. I do pleinair painting when my heart fills too much with hate to sawyerism.

It's stupid because a) same problemsin KM b) they fixed undeath to death, maybe even cause I wrote long ass post on steam for this c) BG Spell Revisions fixed this shit ages ago by making spells scale a bit.
    Also, 1 Round summons.

Also, while SR on say Cambions and Imps is entirely accurate to PnP, it's like, le tutorial man. At least make difficulty affect it.
    And then you get like +40 spellpen and it doesn't work anymore.

Stupid! Buff early Wizards!
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  8. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Never really had that happen, even though the game spams mythic demons against you, as you go up in M ranks they start to feel like ants, even though they can demolish you.

^ Top  
  9. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    Is the auto-buffer mod good? I'm so tired of casting buffs, why is there no scripts owlcat?????:decline:

• popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Grauken King of October Patron

Grauken
    I see desi rolled a critical failure

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I wouldn't be so sure...

On the other hand, Kingmaker is the first game where in a huge dungeon (like in Varnhold's Lot or some of the locations in Vordakai quest chain) I can open the map, click the exit icon on the other side of the map from the party, and make some tea. When I'm back, the whole party is at the exit and no one is stuck, including Ekun's dog. Even if some of the doors were opened through puzzles. I do not remember any other CRPG where it is possible.

During the fights pathfinding is atrocious indeed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    Well, I wasn't even born until '94, so I wouldn't know how the scene was back in your day, I'm just basing it from the older material that came out during that time and early 2000's. Not because of any "hipster nostalgia glasses" or such, but just because it seemed to make more logical sense.

Plate-wearing, sword-swinging motherfuckers were supposed to be a dime-a-dozen. Magic-wielding, hermit recluses that could summon a rain of fire from the fucking skies themselves were supposed to be extremely rare and encountered once-per-story and even less.

But yeah, Hollywood-ization took over, so now every mook with a sword can dimension-shift, summon clones, emit Chi-blasts or what-the-motherfuck-ever. Or maybe I'm wrong to blame Hollywood on this, because the Japanese ANIMU industry does the same fucking thing, and to even more of an extent.

tl;dr - The age of nuance is gone, everyone is fucking Goku now, so just fucking bring it all on.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. panda Savant

panda
    I was playing without proper frontliner for a while and came to conclusion that dimension door is the best spell for such comps. Five guys do pew-pew then the last one teleports entire party out of danger. Spam all kind of cancer around (webs/storms/fogs + slow/exhaustion) to slow down mobs and battle turns into shooting range. It is cool, but frankly, not as effective as two invulnerable bricks on frontline. Especially against "trash" mobs when you don't want to waste spells.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    I do wonder which place he's going to grace with his useful and insightful presence now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Man, jokes aside, I agree with you. I dunno what the source is, but everyone wants to feel special. It's not enough to be a stern and stoic warrior, no you must be a dimensional ronin or some other oh so quirky shite. As I said before, I ignore those things here because this is a SP game and I like to mix and match strange builds but the idea to bring those monstrosities to a table and play?

Shudders.

^ Top  
  16. Jackpot Learned

Jackpot
    So I decided to reroll as a 1 Monk/ 1 Vivi / 1 Arcanist / 5 Sword Saint / 12 Fighter build (And I'm just realizing how much fighter sucks!), with an all mercenary team (since Owlbear made all the companions have utterly unplayable classes).
    And I'm just getting pissed in Ch 4 because Grease and Spiked Pit are doing shit all to these enemies.
    Can't believe the game is designed THIS poorly, basically REQUIRING me to use cheats to even beat Core difficulty.

• Funny x 6
    • not sure if serious x 2
    • Fishy x 2
    • /facepalm/ x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    owlcat forums

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I would prefer spears over swords. Anyway, when D&D initially launched, the level cap was 12. Some retroclones like Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea has this lv cap hence the most powerful spell which a PC could cast was chain lightning, disintegrate, true seeing(...) No stuff like wish, meteor swarm, stop time and so on. As for the rarity of high level(13+) casters, it depends a lot on where the campaign is set place.

For example, in D&D - Thay, you will find a lot(dozens, maybe low hundreds) of high level casters since it is a magocracy ruled by a council of powerful red wizards. In neverwinters, high level casters are much rarer. In other settings, the rarity of magic users has a lot of lore reasons like Dark Sun, But psionics are very common in Dark Sun. In Barovia, many people see arcane magic as "demoniac". In Golarion(pf), finding high level necromancers in Geb would't be uncommon, but in a diehard lawful good theocracy, would be rare.

The game is set in worldwound, a place full of powerful demons. Of course high level casters like Zacharius would be there.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 5
    • Fishy x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • It's a matter of time x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Salvo Savant

Salvo
    I'm in Chap 3, about to get into Chap 4......................

And I feel the urge to restart with a different build.

WHY? :negative:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Yes, fights inside buildings were cancer. Good game tho!

^ Top  
  22. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "Let Desiderius' banning remind everyone that while you can get as autistic about an RPG or any type of game here as you want to, if you let that autism lead you down the path of religiously and robotically replying to and attempting to out-'tism other autists about unrelated or off-topic subjects in these gaming forums, and you're warned by an administrator or moderator to knock it off and choose to ignore that warning, you're probably going to find your ass locked out in the cold.

Keep the real-world political and other tangential shit to a minimum, please."

You are an idiot. Banning someone over this is stupid. Isn't the codex supposed to be against this sort of heavy handed anzism? I mean Codex is supposed to be for 'freedom of speech' but often times it acts no different than pathetic SJW Nazis. But, I'm not surprised. Codex mods *are* human and ALL humans are anti freedom (of speech) unless it speech/freedom they actually agree with.

Desiderius could be an annoying nutso, but banning him is just a cowardly wussy act of SJWness. No better than all the those other sites and forums that we Codexers take pride in mocking. LMAO PATHETIC.

Anyways,

L0L @ that balor fight. I noticed that dispelling of his own true sight which seems weird since I thought balors had it naturally but clearly not in this game. I didn't go in full strength but he was clearly overkill and party got saved by him choosing to teleport away so I didn't bother to reload. :D Apparantly he is meant to be impossible though some have 'killed' him.

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Israfael Arcane

Israfael
    Pathfinding was even worse there, if you tried to mount a hill, the AI would often move sideways to a less steep slope and then slowly ascend it in the same sideways fashion :lol: Quality Russian coding

^ Top  
  24. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    DD is also really good for martials, you can port your whole party to the boss and instagib him with AoO spam. Most fights end when the big bad croaks.

Regarding frontliners, it's doable without any dedicated tank. Last Stand lasts two rounds which is enough to wipe any encounter, found it invaluable.

Talk to Hilor, he'll cure you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    So brave and stunning slay kween wants me ded. Well, it's mutual.

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.