Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I completed the game in 54 hours...

My first run was 90 hours but I did everything I could. Only last crusade quest remained because that neeeded heavy grind.
You really missed some content there, some companions side quests are really nice (suprisingly Nenio takes the lead)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My go-to solution for now is to make Seelah into the Skald.

Yeah thought that one but impossible for lich as far as I know, I'll just have to use the skeleton champ bard.
Or I can go Aeon for them crazy immunities, that fuckers become immune to nearly everything late game.

Vatnik Wumao
T-thanks, I guess?
HTBsUIz.png

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If that's not cope, I don't know what is. She's basically lying to herself, because everything that she's done has failed. Every single one of her paladins has failed, corrupted by degeneracy, ineptitude and blind faith.

She knows an Aeon can see her for what she really is: a scared little girl.

Vatnik Wumao
If that's not cope, I don't know what is. She's basically lying to herself, because everything that she's done has failed. Every single one of her paladins has failed, corrupted by degeneracy, ineptitude and blind faith.

She knows an Aeon can see her for what she really is: a scared little girl.
To be fair, I couldn't invoke my Aeon powers in the earlier scene when dealing with the demons. The text would indicate that it was due to my previous choices that went against the Aeon path, but dunno if that's just flavor or if that's the actual case and I could've avoided that.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
To be fair, I couldn't invoke my Aeon powers in the earlier scene when dealing with the demons. The text would indicate that it was due to my previous choices that went against the Aeon path, but dunno if that's just flavor or if that's the actual case and I could've avoided that.
The latter. Almost every Mythic Path has sub-paths to it. In the Aeons case, its is quite impactful as straying too far from the "True" Aeon path, means you will lose your ability to change events by going back in time. Aeon will always be Lawful, but it can obviously range from good, to neutral to evil. Only true neutral Lawful Aeons have the power to change the past, whereas moving towards Lawful Evil opens you up for the Devil Path later on. Being too good in your choices overall simply means you lose some of your powers.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If that's not cope, I don't know what is. She's basically lying to herself, because everything that she's done has failed. Every single one of her paladins has failed, corrupted by degeneracy, ineptitude and blind faith.

She knows an Aeon can see her for what she really is: a scared little girl."

The one coping is you. LMAO

Vatnik Wumao
Cope or no cope, all the gods and demigods presented are fools tbqh.

The only deity worth his salt is Papa Asmodeus. Wish he would've made a cameo too.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Speaking of that. Now that I've retaken the city, is it normal that my devil bro is no longer in my court room?
If you went towards Lawful Evil choices as an Aeon, you might get a surprise visit from him, or rather, his boss, shortly after you did your Rank 8 Transformation. I hope you brushed up on your Persuasion and Charisma skills.

Vatnik Wumao
Speaking of that. Now that I've retaken the city, is it normal that my devil bro is no longer in my court room?
If you went towards Lawful Evil choices as an Aeon, you might get a surprise visit from him, or rather, his boss, shortly after you did your Rank 8 Transformation. I hope you brushed up on your Persuasion and Charisma skills.
Two more levels to go, breh.
pCVAqro.png

Vatnik Wumao
A... interesting choice of companions for this character.
Not my choice of companions, I'm in Drezen so it displays the whole rooster.

I usually go Regill + Aru + Daeran + Cam + Ember. Now Cam has left me since I've stuck to the Aeon path, so I'll prolly replace her with either Greybor or perhaps with Sosiel's brother.

Vatnik Wumao
I mean I'm surprised half of them aint dead.
First playthrough serves to test the waters, so I try to do all companion quests as to know which would fit better thematically on subsequent playthroughs.

On my subsequent Devil playthrough, I'll use a custom party for the most part and either not recruit (e.g. Nenio and Ember) or execute a few companions (e.g. Woljif and Cam).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Des did post useful info, but it's hard to deny he was a rabid fanboy.

I never really understood how he avoided getting the fanboy tag. Others got it for far less.

Reinhardt

Arcane
What spells even fucking do attribute damage? None that I took at least.
I've tried all the positive energy damage I can, I can take maybe like 200 HP off him, but that doesn't even dent his health bar.
The only reason I can even last a few rounds is because Seelah has the Mythic feat where she won't die for a few rounds per day.
Dropping him is not that hard. I just facetanked it with 2 last standers on first try. Disabling regeneration is where things got tricky for me.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
turn.jpg

Siara.gif

I expected something bad, but this... I played creepy japanese eroge games with better tactical gameplay.
Please, do yourself a favor and just spam those scorching rays and fireballs. At first, they only kill a couple of gargoyles (still speeding up crusade fights by something like 600%), but after a few level ups of your general they delete entire stacks in a single turn. The crusade minigame is unplayable without those direct-damage spells.

There should be a recruitable general with Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver (the "stone wizard" guy), pick him because those are both useful perks. The "black woman wizard" is also fine, since she has Scorching Ray and you can select Master of Maneuver later.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
turn.jpg

Siara.gif

I expected something bad, but this... I played creepy japanese eroge games with better tactical gameplay.
Please, do yourself a favor and just spam those scorching rays and fireballs. At first, they only kill a couple of gargoyles (still speeding up crusade fights by something like 600%), but after a few level ups of your general they delete entire stacks in a single turn. The crusade minigame is unplayable without those direct-damage spells.

It's pretty amusing, that in copying HOMM, they also managed to copy over the absurd OPness of magic heroes.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
HOw you guys spend 70 hours in two chapters? I completed the game in 54 hours... Played in RtWP mode with a small parfty. Was casting tier 8 magic in chapter 2(merging spellbooks). While in kangmaker, in my first run, I ended in lv 16.

I've spent a lot of time concurrently trying out lots of differerent classes and combinations out of curiosity. IOW I have two "main" runs (a good and an evil) and about a dozen other characters at various stages.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
turn.jpg

Siara.gif

There should be a recruitable general with Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver (the "stone wizard" guy), pick him because those are both useful perks. The "black woman wizard" is also fine, since she has Scorching Ray and you can select Master of Maneuver later.

Scorching Ray is hilariously OP. Surely they're going to nerf it at some point?

Vatnik Wumao
By the way, Shadenuat, I didn't even have to reach rank 8. Just had to finish judging everyone in the city.

Bro came back right away:
:love:
ALGU9hy.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom