Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    First playthrough serves to test the waters, so I try to do all companion quests as to know which would fit better thematically on subsequent playthroughs.

On my subsequent Devil playthrough, I'll use a custom party for the most part and either not recruit (e.g. Nenio and Ember) or execute a few companions (e.g. Woljif and Cam).

^ Top  
  2. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    How rude. I liked to read (some of) his posts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Des did post useful info, but it's hard to deny he was a rabid fanboy.

I never really understood how he avoided getting the fanboy tag. Others got it for far less.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Dropping him is not that hard. I just facetanked it with 2 last standers on first try. Disabling regeneration is where things got tricky for me.

^ Top  
  5. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Please, do yourself a favor and just spam those scorching rays and fireballs. At first, they only kill a couple of gargoyles (still speeding up crusade fights by something like 600%), but after a few level ups of your general they delete entire stacks in a single turn. The crusade minigame is unplayable without those direct-damage spells.

There should be a recruitable general with Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver (the "stone wizard" guy), pick him because those are both useful perks. The "black woman wizard" is also fine, since she has Scorching Ray and you can select Master of Maneuver later.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's pretty amusing, that in copying HOMM, they also managed to copy over the absurd OPness of magic heroes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    I've spent a lot of time concurrently trying out lots of differerent classes and combinations out of curiosity. IOW I have two "main" runs (a good and an evil) and about a dozen other characters at various stages.

^ Top  
  8. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    Scorching Ray is hilariously OP. Surely they're going to nerf it at some point?

• Despair Despair x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    By the way, Shadenuat, I didn't even have to reach rank 8. Just had to finish judging everyone in the city.

Bro came back right away:
    Show Spoiler
    :love:
    [​IMG]

• incline incline x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Two faggots hugging and a barrier down say otherwise. <3

• Fishy Fishy x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Rafidur Learned

Rafidur
    A lot of transmutation spells don't seem to work on
    Show Spoiler
    undead
    , unfortunately.
    I just added him mythic levels through a mod.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    And on that note, I absolutely love how they've written this devil character. He's just the perfect representative for a race of sly bureaucrats that know how to flatter when it suits their needs.
    Devil mythic path spoilers (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• incline incline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Zayne Educated

Zayne
    You can't beat her in melee without minmaxing builds. What you can do is rest, remember all the summons/nukes you can and kill her with magic while she's killing the summons. She doesn't have the Evasion feat, so you can even choose which spells to use. (unlike the certain dragon later, which has the untouchable AC and evasion, so you have a very limited choice of spells)

Also, if you have Cammy, be sure to use Creeping Doom, it ignores pretty much everything.

^ Top  
  14. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Let's hope they don't. I can't imagine slogging through that pathetic excuse for a minigame without being able to instantly delete 3 stacks of enemies with a fireball. A nerf to direct-damage spells is what would probably convince me to download the auto-win mod.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    By the way, I'm guessing that rank V is the maximum for the various crusade stats?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ramnozack Savant Patron

Ramnozack
    Just noticed my magic negro sosiel has domain spells for all his gods domains, including ones from his impossible domain. For example he has air domain spells like shocking touch and lightning bolt even though I didnt take air domain. Is this bugged?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Domain of hungry flesh is the best against him

I against him in core (open)

^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Desiderius was right about the literacy levels in the states, judging by how many didn't get the irony in this post.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Impressions of rerolling with a lawful evil Cavalier:

The game clearly hates me - second time I beat the water elemental on Core, and second time I don't receive the achievement. Probably a GOG-only bug.

I read people saying here that the game is much easier if you start as a melee tank or a damage delaer, instead of caster, but I never realized how dramatic the difference is. My Wizard MC was useless compared to the cavalier.

Indeed, stuffing a game with magic resistant and damage-reducing enemies right from the tutorial tends to diminish the already low utility of vancian casters or at least limit them to buffers and ground-casters of reflex-attacking spells which circumvent magic resistance.

People meming that "oh you play on TB, so you play the game two difficulty levels lower hurr durr" while they are fucking up things left and right with their gay-ified versions of barbarians and rangers should try the game with a vancian caster - up to level 5 it felt like having one less party member.

Core is actually not a big deal at all. Maybe only Fedora should stick to Normal.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    You can create a full party in PoE 1/2 not long after the tutorial. It's very cheap.

You can roll custom party members in PKM, but I don't remember the prices, never tried it. In WoTR it's pretty expensice, I think one costs 4500 at level 3, when you first get access to the guy who can sell them to you.

^ Top  
  21. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    My Wizard is a little over 70 hours and I just finished Lost Chapel. Trying out the first two chapters with a new character felt interesting to try out, and I also had a character idea in my head, so I couldn't resist rerolling. I'll probably get back to the wizard, have to try out classical lichdom :obviously:

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Asmodeus be praised. :incline:
    Devil mythic path spoilers (open)
    [​IMG]

• incline x 4
    • sheeeeiiiit x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Salute x 1
    • Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Zayne Educated

Zayne
    Only in the act 3.

The "stone wizard" and "black woman wizard" are your holy saviors from the Darkness of Crusade System, so they deserve to be mentioned by names - Setsuna Shy and Chief Ageboya.

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata

Flame Strike is Fire + Holy damage dawg, Resist and Protect did their job, I can see that from your screenshot. Also, if you want to see some wonky trap placement, try the map were Arueshalae sends you to find

Show Spoiler
    the Hag

Fucketh me Owlcat, playtest much?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    By the way I laughed hard at the UI design inanity of not letting you see the name of your general after you assign him/her. If anyone has found a way to see their names afterwards and I'm wrong, please correct me.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.