Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Welp, looks like you don't get to bang Nocticula unless you avoid using your Demonic Rage whenever it would benefit you in conversations, and instead take the subservient option most of the time instead. Fuck that. At least I still get to rule Alushinyrra, and once she ascends to godhood I might as well take over all of the Midnight Isles.

Just for fun I tried actually killing her. Cha based 43 fortitude save or be instantly charmed/paralyzed, with no way to avoid it other than beating the roll, while she mows you down with 6+ attacks each dealing 90-120 damage. I think it is truly the smarter choice to not betray her, and not becoming her boytoy either.

Speaking of smart, all these attribute bonuses stacking gets pretty ridiculous at some point.
d1dc986cf4.jpg
ebf096e1bc.jpg

I recall reading attribute descriptions - may have been in relation to Planescape - where it said "Charisma 20: Your voice can bring a battle of the Blood War to a sudden halt."

Stats like that put you firmly in a league with atropals or Prime Elementals.

2e scale was a little different.

20 charisma in pathfinder is described as: "Life of the party, able to keep people entertained for hours".

Yes. In 2e, anything above 18 is superhuman. Deity avatars tends to have stats in 20s at max 25.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Game feels kinda i dont know semi woke ? as in like there was civil war in writing room it seems like infiltration began and caused damage and will progress but some people are seeing it and slowing it down.

volklore

Arcane
Game feels kinda i dont know semi woke ? as in like there was civil war in writing room it seems like infiltration began and caused damage and will progress but some people are seeing it and slowing it down.
This the same with kingmaker, characters appear woke at first glance and then you get counter-narrative that shake their woke premise. Idk if Owlcat is doing that for review baiting or if they like subtely shitting on woke stereotype, or if it's just the usual Russian wokeness i.e Russians trying to ape western style wokeness but not really managing due to their more engrained traditional culture.

Sharpedge

Prophet
they also drop shock weapons though usnig them didnt seem to cancel regeneration at all.
They are immune to electric damage. If you have ascended element lightning then lightning will disable their regeneration, otherwise it does nothing.

Mortmal

Arcane
they also drop shock weapons though usnig them didnt seem to cancel regeneration at all.
No neither using the call of lightning wand you find in one of the first rooms.Anyway even if they do you end with +1 weapons you are not focused in vs enemies with 40 ac already.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is about fighting Matriarchy, on Earth, in Heaven and Hell.
Speaking of which, my wife is laughing at the game NPCs calling her "commandress". I said, well, she is a commander in a dress. She says "they" are unaware of how ridiculous they are.

I know it used to be that the lack of a feminine form was a sign of oppression by the patrirarchy. But I think nowadays we should have advanced enough in the degeneracy so the feminine form should be a sign of sexism and segregation of women, right? I can't decide.

Rafidur

Learned
For the robot demons I had ranger girl equip the glaive from the act 2 boss and just finish them off once on the ground. The real problem was getting past their gorillon AC and immunities. There's a lich spell that gives a negative level per round to enemies - helped a lot with this utter slog...

Shadenuat

Arcane
I know it used to be that the lack of a feminine form was a sign of oppression by the patrirarchy. But I think nowadays we should have advanced enough in the degeneracy so the feminine form should be a sign of sexism and segregation of women, right?

I can't decide.
Neither can women or whole humanity.
Women fought hard against puritan long skirts in tennis, now they fight against short skirts and showing their body in sports and cheerleaders.

And remember, US was founded by puritans.

We are now at a stage of replacing painting with woman with a painting with apples in MMOs.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know it used to be that the lack of a feminine form was a sign of oppression by the patrirarchy. But I think nowadays we should have advanced enough in the degeneracy so the feminine form should be a sign of sexism and segregation of women, right? I can't decide.
The Ukrainians - who for obvious reasons have to suck up to the West much harder than the Russians - are very meticulous at using proper feminitive forms for all professional designations. So I think - at least in what is projected to "uncivilized" world - correct current form of woke is to use "commandress", "waitress" and so on. "Докторка".

Shadenuat

Arcane
I didn't think about Moira being an inspiration for Neni, because like Neni, I purposefully forgot everything about Fallout 3.
It sucked if so, but I hope it's the meta desire to unlock all puzzles which is more in character for her, than that stupid NPC.

FriendlyMerchant

For the robot demons I had ranger girl equip the glaive from the act 2 boss and just finish them off once on the ground. The real problem was getting past their gorillon AC and immunities. There's a lich spell that gives a negative level per round to enemies - helped a lot with this utter slog...
Those robots are dicks. Crippling Strike should be on every sneak attack character for this reason alone.

Salvo

Arcane
That's because the guy who came up with that dungeon is an absolute retard

Electricity stops their regen, true... but they're immune to it. They're immune to electricity. Fucking hell :lol:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Little quality of life advice some of you may also find out only later. To scroll the log to the actuall (last) message, just click on any other log and then again at the general log. You'll end up at the last message.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Докторка
This is just as hilarious as "Командирка" / "commandress".

Neither can women or whole humanity.
Women fought hard against puritan long skirts in tennis, now they fight against short skirts and showing their body in sports and cheerleaders.

And remember, US was founded by puritans.

We are now at a stage of replacing painting with woman with a painting with apples in MMOs.
It seems whatever the girls "decide" to do, it's always based on the boys' current means of commodifying girls' looks. And then boys just readjust the strategy. The chase will never end, thankfully.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom