Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
So I loved played a Hellknight - wasn't really expecting all that much reactivity from the game about a multi-class choice, but it's fucking glorious. How much reactivity does the Devil path have given that it comes so late in the game? They really should have made it accessible early on, like the other mythics.
A decent amount thus far, but I wish that the companions would've reacted to it. Maybe later on, who knows.

Reinhardt

Arcane
what were your choices?
I onyl half did his quest and it failed, still got him to join. you still had trever's shield?
Blocked with shield to wake him, said onii-sama is real hero, onii-sama went full hero.

frajaq

Erudite
So I loved played a Hellknight - wasn't really expecting all that much reactivity from the game about a multi-class choice, but it's fucking glorious. How much reactivity does the Devil path have given that it comes so late in the game? They really should have made it accessible early on, like the other mythics.

the reactivity to Hellknight was indeed a nice touch, too bad there isn't much for other classes

Mortmal

Arcane
Damn i just seen Desiderius is on pathfinder discord. But he's an empty shell, a broken man, a shadow of his former self , beaten into submission by rpcodex moderation. You can speak of dipping monk+ paladin + dragon disciple in your build and ..... Nothing he doesnt react anymore. Maybe the punishment was too harsh.

Zayne

Scholar
Sosiel and his amazing 10 dex. :M
Mithral Fullplate, belt +6 dex and he's covered, managed to bump him to 60 AC without multiclassing.
On a plus side, he can spam Magical Vestment(which is still bugged), while Cammy was limited with 2 uses per day.

She sucks. But I don't think not having a "redemption" arc for a character like her is some sort of a crime. Did Korgan have redemption arc? Especially since you what, play my little pony Azata?

She has a specific meta use in the game, and she is good at that.

To be turned into sacrifice when you become Lich.
It's not a crime, it's just not what I've expected, especially since you can persuade her to stop in Dresen/Alushinyrra. In the end I've actually enjoyed how the situation resolved, like sometimes there's nothing you can do despite all your Mythic Power of Goodness and Rainbows.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh, I forgot about this screenshot I took:

hug.png
Yeah, the model for a Large creature riding a Huge mount is quite unsettling. I guess I just unlocked the secret Eldritch Abomination mythic path.

Vatnik Wumao
Damn i just seen Desiderius is on pathfinder discord. But he's an empty shell, a broken man, a shadow of his former self , beaten into submission by rpcodex moderation. You can speak of dipping monk+ paladin + dragon disciple in your build and ..... Nothing he doesnt react anymore. Maybe the punishment was too harsh.
You like twisting the knife in, don't you?

Mortmal

Arcane
You like twisting the knife in, don't you?
Who doesnt here ? Twisting slowly and adding salt in the wound... There's a reason games like fallout are top 3 classic , we like devious options.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Who doesnt here ? Twisting slowly and adding salt in the wound... There's a reason games like fallout are top 3 classic , we like devious options.
Oh, but he will come back, and he will smite your dips and tips so hard that you will finally, as he always suggests, git gud.

He will come back and his wrath will know no end, because he stands for all that is right in this world. He will come back and he will purge you all with his wrath, the Wrath of the Righteous.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Oh, but he will come back, and he will smite your dips and tips so hard that you will finally, as he always suggests, git gud.

He will come back and his wrath will know no end, because he stands for all that is right in this world. He will come back and he will purge you all with his wrath, the Wrath of the Righteous.
I am not sure whose posts I prefer to read, yours or Delterius. It is however, a close contest.

Mortmal

Arcane

He wont, he has pretty much everyone on ignore.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I understand why some disliked the guy, but the thread just won't be the same without him.
You're right. It will be BETTER without him.

I don't want any of you banned, but going by post content and the reason given why Des was banned you would think posting the anon stuff would get you on the ban-list. I really dislike his banning, I didn't see eye to eye with him always, but what is Codex if spergs can't sperg? Only selective spergs allowed I guess?

And this is especially odd since he actually sperg about the damn game.
agreed and Des was a really helpful poster
No he wasnt.
neither are most posters on this site, yet they remain unbanned
Most posters on this site aren't dumb enough to literally ask to be banned. :M
I had some misunderstandings with him that escalated to non-gentleman language, but to ban him? Alas, many of his posts and buttons were free +100 EXP or +2 morale check. This is a sad business, sad indeed.

frajaq

Erudite
It was a style decision. His earlier art on Gwent and Witcher 3 is great.

man you reminded how good a lot of GWENT art cards are for portraits (that standalone card game is still alive somehow!! kinda impressed that CDPR kept that going)

this is some basic unit card but would fit perfectly well some half elf character for example

vL25HaL.png

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
so since lich is so fucking bugged i thought to myself: why not play one of the most basic bitch characters possible. lawful good, human, cleric, setting up that angel path. simple stuff, most people who played through this most likely had something like that. no way this could be bu- and my domain slots don't work.

:deathclaw:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was looking through the artist's works and I think Valerie looks much prettier in the early concepts: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9mmOZR

God, Pathfinder "art" is ugly...

The artists is extremely accomplished though, it has to be said - looks like art school training too, probably knows every technique under the sun and has a good grasp of anatomy. s/He could probably have drawn Valerie as heart-stoppingly gorgeous, but that wasn't the remit.

Just as a PSA, here's a handy-dandy little guide to the main demon types.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Ok, so is there actually a way to tell Anevia and Irabeth to go away? From the things I've seen in the game they are the only NPCs that stick around no matter what.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
why not play one of the most basic bitch characters possible.
Good, finally.

lawful good,
Yes, you're on the right track.

Obviously, that's a no brainer.

setting up that angel path.
Yes, finally getting to the perfect character!

SiVxw2k.jpg

Stop wasting your time with those dumb casters and just embrace the way of the Paladin. Which, most of the times, entails smacking demons with a giant stick while your dumb companions run around in fear or skip their turn due to complete paralysis. But you don't care about those effects, you don't even need to know what special abilities your enemy has, because with +30 to all saves you don't give a fuck about them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom