Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Are there actual shuriken and bola in the game or do they just lie to me as always?
Because I then would have a duty to replicate some Wizardry 8 in this or die.

You can be a gnome pyromaniac. Quite Arcanum.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
With my cavalier I made a custom party member - an Elemental (Winter patron) Witch -> Winter Witch and of course very intuitively picked snowball for her, which is a spell granted by the patron anyway. Good thing I have a savegame from before hiring her.

Now that I started making custom characters I'm kind of sorry for leaving out the companions... eh....

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did anyone here made a demonologist wizard following demon MP? Seems like for arcane casters, only Lich and Azata are good.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For some reason hired party members are some XP behind companions, even companions which you have not yet met at the time of hiring the custom party members. That's 240 xp for my witch.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Oracle has too much cool stuff. I can only wonder what % of it is not bugged.
Enough of it is not bugged such that you can make a build that works on unfair without having to reload spam, but then takes twice as long to kill things as it would if the remaining stuff was unbugged.

Sunri

Liturgist
syEVaBH.png

:deathclaw:

Parabalus

Arcane
I think what has finally made me quit the game and not want to play anymore was the terrible performance and constant loading screens. It's just too much of a hassle and too time consuming to be constantly looking at a load screen that progressively gets longer as you play on.

Loading times and performance were blazing fast for me, would often barely get to alt-tab. Much faster than KM or PoE.

Percy

Cipher
Oracles kick ass in general I think.
I've given Daeran all the evocation feats and now those lightening bracers and ascendent elemental lightning.
Mix that with Boundless Healing he can protect and he can attack.
I have also equipped him with the cloak of carnage and the battle mage quarterstaff you get from Ivory Labyrinth.
You also get an Oracle specific maximize rod early on which maximizes up to level 6 spells.

If you chuck those freedom of movement boots on him like the great prophet Desiderius has mentioned multiple times, you don't have to worry about the curse.

I am now up to Chapter 4 in the full game so have not tested this, but in the Beta if you used mass heal after having the feat that makes extra healing bonus points up to blah blah blah oracle level, you can run around with 150+ bonus HP.

Percy

Cipher
I think what has finally made me quit the game and not want to play anymore was the terrible performance and constant loading screens. It's just too much of a hassle and too time consuming to be constantly looking at a load screen that progressively gets longer as you play on.

Loading times and performance were blazing fast for me, would often barely get to alt-tab. Much faster than KM or PoE.

Yeah I think Kem0 is unlucky here, I am getting good performance from a mid range gaming laptop.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Stop saying Oracle is good or I will begin to hate them out of desire to be different.

Ugh, too many things to think through. Desire to roll a human good fighter with sword and shield intensifies.
Need a walk.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Stop saying Oracle is good or I will begin to hate them out of desire to be different.

Ugh, too many things to think through. Desire to roll a human good fighter with sword and shield intensifies.
Need a walk.
I mean, you can always make an evil oracle if you don't want to make a good one.

I'm kinda tempted to go for a fighter in a next playthrough because for a reason or another I always end up playing classes that have a very narrow access to equipment and for a change I'd like to put all these fucking big armors and two handed weapons to good use.

Salvo

Arcane
Fighters are a good class too.

The "vanilla" feeling can be overcome with your mythic choice.
THF is one of the strongest classes in the games with all the mythic bullshit you get, there's a vital strike build going around that can spike damage up to 2.5k

AwesomeButton

Patron
Winter witch seems to be mainly a damage dealer, and I kind of have other plans for that party member. What class should I take for good crowd control. Wizard seems obvious, but what about the other arcane pure casters?

Salvo

Arcane
Winter witch seems to be mainly a damage dealer, and I kind of have other plans for that party member. What class should I take for good crowd control. Wizard seems obvious, but what about the other arcane pure casters?
Honestly, any class that has a full arcane spell progression and reaches high DCs can be a decent CCer, you just have to pick the right spells and stack the right bonuses

Robber Baron

Savant
What's your party and MC and what difficulty are you playing? Also, on what map were those lvl 17 dudes?

Core, party is paladin/angel MC, Nenio, Sosiel, Lann, Regill, Camellia. With max buffs most enemies just tear through me and ignore my shit, so I sit micromanaging every enocunter hoping for dem rolls. Is it even possible to salvage a build if you're lvl 10? I still have Ember, Seelah, Daeran and Woljif waiting to lvl up 7->10 plus mythics

Salvo

Arcane
What's your party and MC and what difficulty are you playing? Also, on what map were those lvl 17 dudes?

Core, party is paladin/angel MC, Nenio, Sosiel, Lann, Regill, Camellia. With max buffs most enemies just tear through me and ignore my shit, so I sit micromanaging every enocunter hoping for dem rolls. Is it even possible to salvage a build if you're lvl 10? I still have Ember, Seelah, Daeran and Woljif waiting to lvl up 7->10 plus mythics
What's your AC? If your first frontliner doesn't have AT LEAST 40+ you're going to have a bad time

Post pic with buffs / boni

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom