Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Mistakes I did on my first playthrough:
1. Took Wenduag instead of Lann who has 2 attacks per round from the start
2. Used Wenduag instead of Camellia as offtank.
3. Walked around Kenabres with 3 and later 4 party members because I didn't want to take Nenio and took Daeran too late
4. Took the quests in a bad order - started with the market square and tried to clear it. Wiljeff's quest, library and Banquet should be taken first in order to increase the party size
5. Built Wenduag for a double wielder but only gave her two weapons after she took the mythic double wielding at lvl 7.
6. Combined with all of this, my MC is a Wizard.

Why 6 is mistake?

Reinhardt

Arcane
5. Demon = CE

• Camellia (permanent role, for once!)
  • Wenduag
  • Woljif
  • Daeran
  • Arueshalae
Aditional Notes: Aru needs to be persuaded to stay. If one can stomach Sosiel, Trever may be persuaded to join party. This writer is unaware if one can kick Sosiel, but not Trever. Surprisingly well-balanced party, for a bunch of nutjobs!)
Can you tell me if among these companions there are any faggots, trannies and such?

Sosiel is a gay nigger Golarian American
It's African Golarian, nazi!

Rieser

Scholar
Sosiel is such a faggot that he's gotten stuck painting the god damned air permanently. This also means he can't perform any actions aside from walking around. Normally that wouldn't be a problem seeing as I don't use him, but now I'm doing his stupid quest while waiting for the real plot to move forward.

dd16db87d88988e9fee1b472be5e815c.jpg

How do I make this asshole stop painting?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Sosiel is such a faggot that he's gotten stuck painting the god damned air permanently. This also means he can't perform any actions aside from walking around. Normally that wouldn't be a problem seeing as I don't use him, but now I'm doing his stupid quest while waiting for the real plot to move forward.

How do I make this asshole stop painting?
Considering who the developers are you probably have to seduce him and take it up your ass.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't wait streamers azlanti path end in a tomb of elemental terrors aka 3 earth bros in tutorial or succumb to a monitor lizard zerg rush.

You can't ride horse in neutral areas, camps and cities. Fucking disgusting. :killit:

Difficulty: Normal. It's a big joke.

BTW the elementals are just 2 on Core. On Normal, where enemy numbers are not increased, it will probably be just one.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron

Rieser

Scholar
c88a74eee79195eb8f256ae3737cfbfe.png

This kind of stuff is always nice to see when A) the freaks did see the Light of Heaven and B) I did choose the Path of the Angel.

You fucks.

Erebus

Arcane
Finally done with Act 2... and I'm also done playing this fucking game.

I should have given up much earlier, but Kingmaker was such a good game that I thought that its successor couldn't be that bad and that I would grow to appreciate it if I was patient enough (I also didn't want to admit that I'd wasted my money).

But now, I finally have to face the fact that the game is just not entertaining.

The story's very bad. The Chosen One BS is incredibly annoying.

The atmosphere's terrible. Tides of Numenera was weird for the sake of being weird, all the time, with no restraint, and thus made its weirdness completely uninteresting and boring. Replace "weird" with "epic", and you can say the same about Wrath of the Righteous.

The encounter design is really poor. The makers of the game seem to have been much more interested in making fights cinematic than in making them good.

And so on : the storytelling's bad, most of the characters are mediocre and uninteresting, the strategy subgame serves no purpose other than to make you wish you were playing HoMM 3 again, etc.

It's a real pity, because a lot of efforts obviously went into this game. I suspect that many of its problems come from its very concept and the Pathfinder Adventure Path it's based upon.

Oh well. Time to play something else. (No, I'm not going to play the so-called "Baldur's Gate 3", don't be silly.)

Vatnik Wumao

The atmosphere's terrible. Tides of Numenera was weird for the sake of being weird, all the time, with no restraint, and thus made its weirdness completely uninteresting and boring. Replace "weird" with "epic", and you can say the same about Wrath of the Righteous.
Dunno, man. I personally prefer it to Kingmaker's story and narrative design. But then again, I have no issue with 'epic' storytelling.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Finally done with Act 2... and I'm also done playing this fucking game.

I should have given up much earlier, but Kingmaker was such a good game that I thought that its successor couldn't be that bad and that I would grow to appreciate it if I was patient enough (I also didn't want to admit that I'd wasted my money).

But now, I finally have to face the fact that the game is just not entertaining.

The encounter design is really poor. The makers of the game seem to have been much more interested in making fights cinematic than in making them good.

And so on : the storytelling's bad, most of the characters are mediocre and uninteresting, the strategy subgame serves no purpose other than to make you wish you were playing HoMM 3 again, etc.

It's a real pity, because a lot of efforts obviously went into this game. I suspect that many of its problems come from its very concept and the Pathfinder Adventure Path it's based upon.

Oh well. Time to play something else. (No, I'm not going to play the so-called "Baldur's Gate 3", don't be silly.)

"Too relentlessly epic" is a complaint I doubt developers hear very often :)

De gustibus and all that, but I'd persevere if I were you, the game has lots of good gameplay moments beyond Act 2.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I am in act 3 and I agree that Kingmaker is the better game. Less over the top and more coherent. Also you feel the growth from low level to high level. Still I am enjoying it very much.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Question: when you chose a mythic path, can you even change your alignment? I am chaotic but I want dat monk dip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom