Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rieser

Scholar
"Playful Darkness" may suck my exceedingly flaccid dick. I used True Seeing on him and all I saw was a massive cunt.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Started over and was planning on going Lich, game is too buggy and writing is shit, so I’m out, for real this time. Maybe in a couple months…

Maybe I’ll try poe, it can’t be that bad….

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Fuck that Dragon. Going turn off perma death for once because that stupid Batman Wannabe Dwarf keeps getting killed by it because his stupid short legs make him slower than everyone else. :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh: Fuck Manlets

They should've realized her plot gimmick was a bad idea when they let you multiclass.
I do hate Camellia anon! I do! I do hate puppy murder nonsense anon! I do! I am puppy friend wife scholar! I am!
zo7lZ37.jpg

dacencora

Started over and was planning on going Lich, game is too buggy and writing is shit, so I’m out, for real this time. Maybe in a couple months…

Maybe I’ll try poe, it can’t be that bad….
For what it’s worth, I really enjoyed Pillars of Eternity, and especially the White March expansions. If you ignore the gold plate NPCs and just soak in the narrative, it’s pretty decent. It’s a bit wordy, yes, but not poorly written. The character building is…lackluster compared to Pathfinder, but there’s still some fun classes. Priest, Druid, Monk, and Cipher are all pretty fun to play.

I just realized I was sitting on a couple dozen Firestorm and Tsunami scrolls. Unleashed that on a room full of enemies and a rather strong miniboss, it was kind of cute bludgeoning them against the far wall, and then sending them packing with another wave. Kept firing that until everything was dead.

Jackpot

Learned
Alushinyrra could be a fantastic area if all the bugs are ironed out, the performance is improved, and the camera mechanics are improved a bit.
I remember back around Kingmaker I got really interested in Pathfinder lore and read the wiki a bunch, and hearing about all the different planes with weird sprawling cities of their own was cool.
I think in many ways they do justice to the concept. Though the technical issues currently overshadow that.

Vatnik Wumao
Hmm. I'm trying to maximize each crusading stat, but it seems that no new options to upgrade come up despite skipping forward time and having all the experience necessary. Might this be due to me advancing the plot too fast and/or some prior plot choice?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
pls someone respond. Can you change your allignment after chapt 2 and choosing the mythic path? I am chaotic/trickster and trying to pick all "lawful" choices for a fuggin monk dip and nothing happens in the alignment screen, the dot doesn't move.

Vatnik Wumao
Well, I've finished the game. Epilogue was sorta lame, but overall the game was alright. Will return later when the major bugs are fixed for a second playthrough.
u8U4Lvh.png

Mauman

Learned
pls someone respond. Can you change your allignment after chapt 2 and choosing the mythic path? I am chaotic/trickster and trying to pick all "lawful" choices for a fuggin monk dip and nothing happens in the alignment screen, the dot doesn't move.

Just use toybox and remove alignment restrictions.

cw8

Cipher
Feel like starting a new game while waiting for them to fix the major bugs so I can progress on my main game. What classes go well with Azata? Does the Sword Saint do well?

Denim Destroyer

Learned
My only experience with epic level encounters in games has been Hordes of the Underdark for Neverwinter Nights so going into this game I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Now I see how wrong I was.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Feel like starting a new game while waiting for them to fix the major bugs so I can progress on my main game. What classes go well with Azata? Does the Sword Saint do well?
Most people suggest casters because of Zippy Magic, but azatas have something to offer for most classes, I think.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Are there any ways to overcome demon mind-affecting immunity other than Lich deadly magic?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What was the charge bug exactly? I noticed that with the latest patch characters will charge towards an enemy JUST BY SELECTING THE ABILITY AND MOUSING OVER A MONSTER which - you guessed it - also loses you your turn.

Its when you are allowed to select the charge ability, but you cannot actually make it to the target due to someone being in the way. Since it is a full action move all you have left is a 5-foot step. Very irritating at the start of combat.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I am in act 3 and I agree that Kingmaker is the better game. Less over the top and more coherent. Also you feel the growth from low level to high level. Still I am enjoying it very much.

I strongly agree. My char in chapter 3 character probably can solo Spawn of Rovagug which gave me a hell lot of trouble in the first game with a full lv 20 party.

It's all a conspiracy man. Just check out who owns all the Golarian diamond mines.

(((gnomes)))

Still, I too find WotR a bit too epic, Kingmaker's inRP power curve was more enjoyable and believable.

Some people say "but you fight godlike creatures in kingmaker too"

Sure, Lantern King an Spawn of Rovagug are godlike in power, however, Spawn of Rovagug is insanely hard and you weaken the Lantern King before fighting him.

Did you finished it yet,old fags ? Anyone else filled with tearful joy from the ending?

I finished. My impressions are many hundreds of pages ago. In nutshell, I loved the chapter 2,3,4 but din't liked much the rest

Fuck that Dragon. Going turn off perma death for once because that stupid Batman Wannabe Dwarf keeps getting killed by it because his stupid short legs make him slower than everyone else. :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh: Fuck Manlets

Finally someone elses sees the truth. Manlets should die. And be reanimated into undead chimeras.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What was the charge bug exactly? I noticed that with the latest patch characters will charge towards an enemy JUST BY SELECTING THE ABILITY AND MOUSING OVER A MONSTER which - you guessed it - also loses you your turn.

Yup, charge bug is here since Kingmaker days. It's probably a pathfinding thing (lol)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom