Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rafidur

Learned
The first military decisions I get between the four choices, champions, shield bearers, spearmen etc, which is the best choice or doesn't it matter much?

Shield bearers are nice for caster heroes against caster mobs that can kill your marksmen - ditch the rest of your army, tank the attacks with your shield bearers while you fireball the mobs to death, then fuse with the rest of your army again.

A5 nuked all my armies, but kept leveled generals - that happens to everyone?

That's what happens when you put a woman in charge. She also spends all your money

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
How the Hell will the first DLC be a post-campaign one, since there's a bunch of epilogues where the MC dies, and one
where the events of the entire Worldwound get completely reversed?

volklore

Arcane
Just did the nulkenith fight on hard and I think I got super lucky. His mass hold person has such high DC all of my dudes got hit except camcam who thankfully I had invised up alongside a few of my other chars (an habit I took so I wouldnt get instagibbed by archers on a bad initiative roll). Since she's divine caster she was able to remove paralysis using scrolls on my main sorcerer ( and a few more of my party) who set up a bunch of selective grease all around my party (which ended up tripping the boss at some point). I should have taken Sosiel with me I guess, Freedom of movement was kinda mandatory here. I think I'll just buy a bunch of scrolls of everything next time, because this game is just not kind.
Also the framerate there was garbage (on a RTX3070...)

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
How the Hell will the first DLC be a post-campaign one, since there's a bunch of epilogues where the MC dies, and one
Pharasma recruits you. It's an extra-planar threat.

"New additional campaign. Import your character from the main campaign to the moment of their greatest triumph — their victory over the Worldwound. Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents."

Reinhardt

Arcane
Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents
Even SpeedwagonVictor is afraid!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"New additional campaign. Import your character from the main campaign to the moment of their greatest triumph — their victory over the Worldwound. Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents."

By the love of Mystra, it is scaling too fast. Will the second DLC be what? Becoming a greater deity? And the third DLC? Overpowering AO?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
There was a pretty funny scene in the tavern. So this dwarf goes on how he caused some stupid city to fall to demons and everyone hates him. My chaotic evil character doesn't give a fuck of course, he would have done the same thing anyway. Then this dwarf says: "everyone spits in my face, you can do it too, i don't care anymore". And my character spits in his face just for the fun of it. :D

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Pharasma recruits you. It's an extra-planar threat.

Can you imagine Pharasma recruiting a Swarm? Or resurrecting a dead MC, thus breaking her own rules? What about Aeon? You can see in his "true end" that he doesn't give a fuck about Pharasma.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is one of the DLC's going to be a roguelike dungeon like in the first game, because lol if true.

Salvo

Arcane
Remember lads, if you inform yourself before the act the shitpost becomes much more powerful

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
There is a "Cave" exit visible at the north-west corner of the Lost Chapel map. You can see it only if you get very near to the precipice and turn the camera to and fro. It's at the very bottom, hidden from sight usually. I don't know how to access it, the cave from the north-east didn't lead to it, neither did any "athletics points" nor the main dungeon. Any advice please? Duck-duck is silent on this (google is for people who think Diablo is a milestone in the RPG, so I must refuse to use it). I've searched for two hours already :argh:

Hmm, I only know about two cave entrances, the one NE on the ground and the one that looks like a well on the mountain to the NW of that (but not NW on the map as a whole, it's still in the eastern half of the map). The one on the mountain is an exit from inside the cave that's accessed via the NE ground entrance. The way from inside the cave to the exit on the mountainside is easy to miss though (it's a ladder uncovered by clicking on a hand). Are you saying there's another cave entrance other than those two?
After a thorough investigation I am not sure what has happened. I might've been mistaken by the NE cave entrance seen down the hill as an icon. Only that the map has been turned around. But it seems wrong, I am sure I've seen it NW. But it's not there (anymore). I am sorry to cast such a Confusion spell. I suppose we'll see if anybody else reports that or no.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The first military decisions I get between the four choices, champions, shield bearers, spearmen etc, which is the best choice or doesn't it matter much?

Shield bearers are boring tanks while champs are glass canon champs. You should already have tank units like hellknights and clerics. They are alright for soaking damage and can also deal damage, unlike shield bearers.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
And then add in the inevitable Definitive Edition, which will throw in even more content (I hope). The game is already a financial success.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is one of the DLC's going to be a roguelike dungeon like in the first game, because lol if true.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1694801/Pathfinder_Wrath_of_the_Righteous__Season_Pass/
Meh, more autistic combat focused DLC's. Even the first one is more ridiculous than anything in the base game already, lmao. Nothing concerning the crusade system either, so will remain the same except for QnL features.

Honestly, wish the DLC's would just straighten out the main game more like what should have been done with Kingmaker.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1694801/Pathfinder_Wrath_of_the_Righteous__Season_Pass/
Meh, more autistic combat focused DLC's. Even the first one is more ridiculous than anything in the base game already, lmao. Nothing concerning the crusade system either, so will remain the same except for QnL features.

Honestly, wish the DLC's would just straighten out the main game more like what should have been done with Kingmaker.

And I just hope that the "science fiction flavoured" game they're working on next is Iron Gods, and not Starfinder. I fucking hate Starfinder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom