Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do you get to act III at *just* level 7?!? Ho---... wha- ?!? I mean I know people don't take unnecessary risks, but I get at Staunton at lvl 10, easily.

This is sus.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Critical miss in that? Damn... I felt that too here. Anyway, I generally have no problem with buffing the PC's in a similar way, but I thought there should be some good way to debuff enemies as well. Tthings like 30 Ref, For, Will and 17 Spell Resist make it just meh. Thank you for taking the time to react though, it's nice to see all the different bonuses in one log.

I didn't rely too much on save-or-suck/die spells so my experience here isn't extensive (my party was very martial heavy), but in terms of the stuff I used vs. saves and SR:

- The Angel Mythic Path has Piercing Rays (Halo Ability) that subtracted 1+ 1/2 Mythic Rank, which stacks on top of all your Spell Pen feats

- Later on in the game, you get weapons with the Nullifying Property - which adds -1 SR per hit for 1 minute (stacks, and it's -2 on crits)

- Evil Eye can also target saves and give it a -4

Shadenuat

Arcane
things like 30 Ref, For, Will and 17 Spell Resist make it just meh
On behalf of Owlcats as one of shill triumvirate I apologize that it's second game, and they are incompetent lazy morons, and there are still no list of debuffs and conditions neither in Encyclopedia, or inside hyperlink system of spellbooks themselves.
So read this https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions/
Flat footed is just if character loses Initiative even, although some abilities can protec
Anyone can do Shaken by just clicking on Intimidate button
Trip chars and pets can do Prone, so do spells that, well, prone, also entangled and exhausted (boneshatter, waves of exhaustion)
Blinded, paralyze, stun, all quite winning tricks,
Rogues can debuff enemy ac

Let's just look at Level 1 spells.
Grease makes them easier to hit in melee, but they get +ac against ranged attacks. So does clereks Command > Prone and Hideous Laughter
Color spray stuns, and it doesn't matter what their HD is, although a lot of enemies can be immune
Snowball staggers, meaning they lose attax
Ear Piercing Scream dazes, like cantrip, but no HD limit
Cause Fear while limited to HD6, it's high enough for early, and they run proc aoo
Ray of Sickening, I usually don't use it but on lower difficulty might try
Shaken, just click button. Entangled, Cam has it.
And Evil Eye.

That's just some of day1 things, but they repeat in next levels (slow is mass stagger).
And then there is unique shit like bestow curse, enervation, whatever.

Read ur spellbook.

-10 or better should be within limits of a single round of action economy of basic party; that's if we're not going into stuff like quickened maximized enervations AND mythic abilities (evil eye, shaken, sickened, archons aura (extend shit like this and stop standing behind healbotting), prayer); these can just dump enemy saves into 0 (although owlcat designers like to give bosses immuns). Shit from special classes (like incense alchie) I don't even remember all of it, you setup your party yourself.

17 SR is something you'll sneeze at midgame and it will break (spell pens, potentially racial bonuses, relic of iomedae & other lootz, mythic pen, don't even need maneuvre, but maybe some class can have enough free feats to share one)

Early game tough, wizards go melee or cast hurricane arrowz (and stack persuasion > intimidate > cc; you need it to pass all these persuasion checks anyway). Clereks/druids/shamans/alchies etc. just smash, they have a lot less problems, especially riders/petomancers ez start.

This one is even more sick with Sadistic Russian DM syndrome but usually monsters have some weakness (their armor is great, but saves shit; great saves, but no SR; massive SR, but lack of immunity to X, etc.)

Haplostick usually works on everything though, when properly enchanted; cause designer is a PUSSY and did't add jellies, adamantine golems, and physical immuns except a bunch of swarmz. Oh right, golemz and jellies are also... ugh, nevermind, you know what I want.

YOU HEAR ME RATNOOK HILL MAN?
Make Haplo suffer plz! You fucking wizard hater.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Hm, does it make sense to multi to a cleric at level 7/8 and later merge spellbook with angel?

Or given the late caster start, is it better to get a separate mythic spellbook (and maybe skip cleric then)?
What are you trying to do with your cleric?

Well, the idea was to get angel caster levels to get Frightful Aspect, Divine Power, Righteous Might, Eaglesoul, Archons Aura and a few other buffs. Maybe a few healing and offensive spells too.
Angel should make this possible even on multiclassed character. But I wonder if it's even worth it - since it will come late AND separate spell books can offer decent spell selection too (probably no Frightful Aspect, though).

Just go full oracle with battle and life mysteries? But yeah that'll work if you only go cleric path for buffing and healing.

But I really like my Sohei...

... just don't feel it's a great investment past level 6 (or 11).
I made a couple of versions of my build, just to see what was possible. It was made for soloing the game though, not for playing with a group. Here was the armored version, it had no dips at all, although it could benefit from 2 paladin levels (mostly for smite evil).
mWOCJQ8.png

sXtJYgF.png
I didn't go life domain, mainly because it feels really unnecessary considering the angel healing spells. Its battle domain and ice domain, taking seamantle and ice body from ice domain, as well as some of the feats. Take note that even though spells like magical vestment state they stop giving additional bonuses above CL 20, they actually do keep giving bonuses above CL 20. I did also theorycraft an unarmoured version, which benefits far more from ice domain, since it gets to benefit from ice armour. This one is more "dip heavy" and probably is more in line with what you are looking for.
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
All in all though, I just don't really feel like multiclassing a divine caster is worth it. Sure you can maybe eke out a little bit more power from it, but not much.
Does the 2 paladin levels count a caster levels ? If i am not wrong you get 15 from oracle for sure and 9 from mythic levels so 24 sure , but you need cl caster 25 for enduring and greater enduring to work on round/level buffs.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Does the 2 paladin levels count a caster levels ? If i am not wrong you get 15 from oracle for sure and 9 from mythic levels so 24 sure , but you need cl caster 25 for enduring and greater enduring to work on round/level buffs.
They don't count, but all of the important buffs are below level 8 and you can use extend spell to get them high enough for enduring to work on them.
pbOrxah.png
Anyhow, there is a somewhat abusive way to dramatically increase this character's damage, I didn't do it though because it feels very cheesy and it kind of trivializes everything in the game. What you can do is take Elemental Barrage and then use 4 geniekind buffs, which will cause them to all proc for divine damage.
K10Dvv0.png

oI7HeG6.png
This seems like the kind of thing which would be right up Haplo's alley. At Mythic Rank 9 you would have 6 different types of energy, dealing 9d6 divine damage for each of them, for a total of 54d6 divine damage per hit. With 9 hits per round, thats a maximum damage potential of 486d6 damage per round, just from elemental barrage.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wintersun was kool. Finally finished. Definitely a good sized map.

Main boss battle was giggle worthy. Their leader had 8 attacks with his throwing axes. LMAO The dragon was annoying first. Still, very doable spells since the leader et al don't have the best saves. By end of combat they were greased, confused, held, and slow. LMAO Well, until my fukkin' angels decided to dispel magic on them. By then, the battle was all but over. Nice weapons, but come on, why would I choose to weild throwing axes. :D His boss, and the town's situation was/is intriguing.

The supra demon guarding the shrine was neigh 'unbeatable' until I buffed and he didn't stand a chance yet still did some nasty work. Too bad about the young soldier. Man, he hit hard with that sword. Thankfully, he had a lack of defenses. L0L

Anyone knows what is supposed to happen if you grab that whip? The spirit warns you but nothing seems to happen. Future suprise? if so, I left it there anyways, 'cause JUST THIS ONCE, I decided not to steal from the dead. HAHA.

What do all those runes mean? From what i gather, they hint at the srhine with the sword in the rock... but that seems so simple since that seems tied to the soldier's mission? Is there some other 'stone heart' I'm missin'?

Overall, a good map.

As for above, those chaarcter sheets so how buggy and cheesy this game is. Getting bonuses from two haste spells? Being able to double enchant armour/shields to artificially boost your AC? Just a bunch of gobblygook. I'll feel dirty using this stuff but no doubt the game will eventually force me too. :D

p.s. The woodshaper seems to vanish unless I am blind. Seems like a missing part of the story.

Sharpedge

Prophet
As for above, those chaarcter sheets so how buggy and cheesy this game is. Getting bonuses from two haste spells? Being able to double enchant armour/shields to artificially boost your AC? Just a bunch of gobblygook. I'll feel dirty using this stuff but no doubt the game will eventually force me too. :D
The "2 haste spells" are in fact not haste at all, its an angel mythic weapon buff which gives haste with all the values doubled (2 attacks per round instead of 1, 2 ac, etc), so that isn't a bug, just a questionable design decision. Magical Vestment on the other hand has behaved like that since kingmaker, maybe 4 games down the line they will fix it :D

p.s. The woodshaper seems to vanish unless I am blind. Seems like a missing part of the story.
Yep, its been bugged since release. I am not sure how since it worked during the beta.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Being able to double enchant armour/shields to artificially boost your AC?
If you're referring to Magic Vestment, I think those are supposed to stack, because they're two different pieces of armour, and the spell specifically says you can choose both. As Magic Vestment counts as "armour enhancement" they're okay to stack.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
No wonder people get ridiculous armour classes. LMAO Bug or design that is not, IIRC, how magical vestment or magic weapon spells worked originally in 3E. they were supposed to replace whatever your weapon + was. ie. If you had a normal weapon or armour it would give you a +3 (if you were that level), BUT if you had a +5 wepaon it would I think either override it or simply be ignored. Certainly not add to it.

So.. the 'haste' ability' you get from angel adds to the haste spell? WOW. That just made my character even more dangerous. LMAO

"Yep, its been bugged since release. I am not sure how since it worked during the beta."

Damn.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
No wonder people get ridiculous armour classes. LMAO Bug or design that is not, IIRC, how magical vestment or magic weapon spells worked originally in 3E. they were supposed to replace whatever your weapon + was. ie. If you had a normal weapon or armour it would give you a +3 (if you were that level), BUT if you had a +5 wepaon it would I think either override it or simply be ignored. Certainly not add to it.

So.. the 'haste' ability' you get from angel adds to the haste spell? WOW. That just made my character even more dangerous. LMAO

"Yep, its been bugged since release. I am not sure how since it worked during the beta."

Damn.

A large part of the issues with some of these things are that:

1) Pathfinder tweaked some things to work subtly differently than in 3E

and

2) The CRPG tweaked some things to work subtly differently than in tabletop, whether due to bug or intentionally.

As a result, some things that should work or some things that shouldn't work, based on your understanding of rulesets may not actually apply to the CRPG.

The_Mask

Patron
What if you make a small Sohei on medium mounts? Or a tiny one on small mounts? Would it help with charges?

Or do monks ride only on horses?
This is not an ideal train of thought because unarmed attacks grow in damage the bigger you are in size.

Coincidentally, this is why the staff monk is best ran by an Oread that has Led Blades incorporated. :)

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, I think their Last Azlanti contest will be shut down. Judging by the nickname, one of (or the only) womyn streamer is out with the worst result; the Russian speaker has a strong lead; and one of 2 of his contestants is another Russian-speaking streamer. And if a person decides to stream in Russian I am pretty sure he is white. Not a WASP, though.

I think it will lead to American counterterrorism operation in Moscow or something.

Shaki

Arbiter
What do all those runes mean? From what i gather, they hint at the srhine with the sword in the rock... but that seems so simple since that seems tied to the soldier's mission? Is there some other 'stone heart' I'm missin'?

IIRC if you succeed on all the checks to read all the inscriptions on the stones in Wintersun, a cache spawns in a stone shaped like a heart, near the pond with the statue, and you can loot a pretty good ring (or amulet?) and crossbow.

cw8

Cipher
I'm in Act 3, waiting for Owlcat to fix a damned bug breaking a sidequest in the mythic class quest before I continue. Which day of the week do they release the patch? I still have Blackwater, Ivory Sanctum, and the Angel mythic class quest location on the map. How far am I to the end of Act 3? Do I also explore the whole world map for Act 3 or wait out for Act 4?

Shaki

Arbiter
How the do they manage to break difficulty settings in a single update? I knew something had to be up because the Ineluctable Prison was a breeze.

Apparently they didn't, according to Reddit it's the respec mod not being compatible with new patch. Which is kinda funny, people who installed cheats to make the game easier, got what they wanted - journo difficulty - and now they're whining :incline:

Codex Year of the Donut
How the do they manage to break difficulty settings in a single update? I knew something had to be up because the Ineluctable Prison was a breeze.

Apparently they didn't, according to Reddit it's the respec mod not being compatible with new patch. Which is kinda funny, people who installed cheats to make the game easier, got what they wanted - journo difficulty - and now they're whining :incline:
maxresdefault.jpg

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I'm in Act 3, waiting for Owlcat to fix a damned bug breaking a sidequest in the mythic class quest before I continue. Which day of the week do they release the patch? I still have Blackwater, Ivory Sanctum, and the Angel mythic class quest location on the map. How far am I to the end of Act 3? Do I also explore the whole world map for Act 3 or wait out for Act 4?
Do blackwater.

Denim Destroyer

Learned

That's amusing yet frustrating especially since I never even used the mod after installing it.

panda

Savant
Ok, can someone explain me why this shit
NsBHsDQ.png
has 82 AC instead of 64, which is actual sum of its bonuses?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
has 82 AC instead of 64, which is actual sum of its bonuses?
If add "Finnean: -9" instead of subtracting then 64 + 9 = 73. And I don't know how Finnean works or should work in this case.

Also, you need to check actual rolls, hits, and misses. The number "73" may be a lie (or, rather, an error in displaying the result). And so may be the number "55" with Finnean.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Screenshot (8).png

We'll see if Lich has interesting reactivity, you're my last hope for this game..

Also, playing on hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom