Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok, can someone explain me why this shit
NsBHsDQ.png
has 82 AC instead of 64, which is actual sum of its bonuses?
Scroll down?

Or try to attack him with different weapon. Perhaps Owlcat believes adding -9 should increase number by 9.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, I think their Last Azlanti contest will be shut down. Judging by the nickname, one of (or the only) womyn streamer is out with the worst result; the Russian speaker has a strong lead; and one of 2 of his contestants is another Russian-speaking streamer. And if a person decides to stream in Russian I am pretty sure he is white. Not a WASP, though.

I think it will lead to American counterterrorism operation in Moscow or something.
What would be wrong when Russian would win that contest? Owlcat are Russians right? So home player would win...

panda

Savant
Scroll down?
Ofc, i did. That is all bonuses it has.
And knew someone would be confused by Finnean's armor+shield negation, but was too lazy to take another screenshot. 82 - 9 = 73 guys. It has 82 AC, Finnean removes 9(from bracers and shield). That simple, really. And, yes, i checked without Finnean just to be sure.

The only thought that comes to mind is that "difficulty" adjustments which became hidden two patces ago for me, but those are usually 2/3/4. E.g. there are also shadows in this fight with "31" AC = 10 base + 10(dex) + 7(deflection) + 1(dodge).

Edit: tried to change difficulty. Unfair kicks his AC to 106 = 72 from log + wtf 34 hidden bonus; core reduces to 70 = 60 fair + 10 wtf hidden bonus. Regular mobs got correct sum on core and wtf 31->49 AC jump on unfair.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
things like 30 Ref, For, Will and 17 Spell Resist make it just meh

- Evil Eye can also target saves and give it a -4

Thanks for the inspiration, thou exactly this is my point. Evil Eye, other Hexes and other debuffs would be nice if those bosses didn't have 30 saving throws, and Camellia's (or any other caster for that matter) DC wasn't 16-18 at 8th level. For the enemies from the normal to tough range, damage and heal and some buffs are usually enough, sometimes some creativity. I solved the said situation by the scum tactique known to a man from the dawn of time - if you can't do it, push in some other guys. (Spirit palladin, skeleton summons, daeva summons etc :D ). But I am none too happy about it. I wanted to be the hero myself.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The current patch completely messed with the difficulty settings and broke them entirely. Reloading a save on unfair now and all the enemies have the same stats as story mode enemies.
Finally rusty can finish the game!
How can he decide which loot is better if it's not color-coded?
Jokes on you, nigger -

• Loot Colors and Filters
- ToyBox gives WoTR a Diablo 2/Borderlands style loot rarity and coloring system including
- Checkbox to have the game color your loot according to rarity in inventory, containers, etc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
evil eye would be nice if those bosses didn't have 30 saving throws.
Evil Eye still works regardless if they save, just 1 round (+Cackle).

If enemy saves are very high you snowball debuffs in onion peeling manner starting with things that always work to push through other things. But usually such enemies are optional, or NPCs help you, or whatever. Or you can use spells that don't care (rays).

DC wasn't 16-18 at 8th level
That is your DC at level 1 for level 1 spells while being naked: 20-22 in casting stat + 2xSchool Focus or School Focus + Racial/Bloodline bonus and Shake them for -2, that's already closer to 20.

Cam is a buffer/fighter. What are you casting? Your castorz are Nenio, Ember & Daeran (later).

At level 8 you already have 4th level spells, so 10+4+stat+stat boosting item or spell (fox cunning, eagle splendor)+dc feats+racial / item stuff + debuffs you should be close to 30.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea I started using Enervation first and then my big disable spell. I need to get Quicken spell or some rod at some point so I can do that in same round.

volklore

Arcane
volklore POZiel has 10 dex, a feat on medium armour and while it is true you can fix the domain via mythic, you could have used those mythic feats/abilities for something else. The fuck are you about? If you play on story ofc they feel powerful but companions are built like shit.
I play on hard. Maybe I expressed myself wrong, they are good enough. Sosiel is the one companion with glaringly bad stats (he still has good wis and str). Of course they aren't perfect, and sosiel is the least perfect of them all (I am more concerned by his feats than his stats) but he is a full cleric and by that metric he is eminently useable. GIving him a pet to ride is an easy 1 mythic feat fix to make use of his good STR without putting him in harms way. Though it's mainly his armor focus and extra channel that sucks.
And it doesn't change the fact that characters like Camelia, Regill, Lann, Wenduag, Daeran, Ember, Nenio, Woljiff pretty much all starting characters have completely fine stat spread. Companions have a lot higher average power level compared to kingmaker (although jubilost and valerie are hard to beat)

volklore

Arcane
evil eye would be nice if those bosses didn't have 30 saving throws.

Don't forget to use cackle, it will extend 1 round hexes to two rounds as a move action which mean that as long as you cackle every round in range of the hexed target you will keep all the hexes up. Witch can attrition out a lot of single target fights simply through hex usage.

(Protect your tank)
R1 : Evil eye attack rolls > Cackle
R2 : Protective luck the tank > Cackle

(Debuff the boss and buff your party)
Evil eye AC/saving throws > cackle
Fortune > cackle (x times)

If you hold the line through that (4 rounds), the enemy re-rolls every attack roll and have -4AB/-4AC and you reroll every attack roll on him. I beat a lot of strong enemies that were not immune to hexes like that.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am a bit unsure what to do with Wenduag because of her annoying 1 level in fighter.
Currently I have her at Freebooter 4 Forester 3 as the core, so she can apply Freebooters Bond as a move action and Tactician:Outflank as a standard action, trading her first round of combat to give everyone +4 (!) to flanking hits for a few turns.
Really unsure where to take this further tho, just level fighter for more BAB? Freebooter for same BAB and some spells? Throw a fourth class into the mix?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks for the inspiration, thou exactly this is my point. Evil Eye, other Hexes and other debuffs would be nice if those bosses didn't have 30 saving throws, and Camellia's (or any other caster for that matter) DC wasn't 16-18 at 8th level.
Unless the enemy is immune to the effect, Evil Eye imposes its debuff regardless of the enemy's save. It only lasts one round, but you can immediately use Cackle to double the duration. This means that the next round you can re-use Evil Eye targeting something else and then Cackle again to double the duration of both effect.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But I really like my Sohei...
What if you make a small Sohei on medium mounts? Or a tiny one on small mounts? Would it help with charges?

Or do monks ride only on horses?

When I was testing character building after release, Sohei could only pick a horse. And couldn't continue animal companion other then a horse (couldn't level up as Sohei with another AC).
Don't know if it was a bug or feature. And if it's the same for small races.
A medium sized mount sure is tempting, given issues with Charge. But some arguments against:
1. No Vulpine Pounce
2. CMB penalty - and I intend to use Pummeling Bully + Aspect of the Wolf (from Drovier Lann - thanks Desiderius) with - Tandem Trip
3. Smaller weapon dice
4. Still suboptimal stats for melee damage dealer (like kitsune). At least +1 attack though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Thanks for the inspiration, thou exactly this is my point. Evil Eye, other Hexes and other debuffs would be nice if those bosses didn't have 30 saving throws, and Camellia's (or any other caster for that matter) DC wasn't 16-18 at 8th level.
Unless the enemy is immune to the effect, Evil Eye imposes its debuff regardless of the enemy's save. It only lasts one round, but you can immediately use Cackle to double the duration. This means that the next round you can re-use Evil Eye targeting something else and then Cackle again to double the duration of both effect.
Or you can throw bunch of rays and explode enemy. Ember burning demons and infidels with righteous fire > Ember cursing random retards and cackling like some psycho.

volklore

Arcane
I am a bit unsure what to do with Wenduag because of her annoying 1 level in fighter.
Currently I have her at Freebooter 4 Forester 3 as the core, so she can apply Freebooters Bond as a move action and Tactician:Outflank as a standard action, trading her first round of combat to give everyone +4 (!) to flanking hits for a few turns.
Really unsure where to take this further tho, just level fighter for more BAB? Freebooter for same BAB and some spells? Throw a fourth class into the mix?
I took freebooter 4 (for bond) and then went back to fighter. She doesn't have any weapon focus feats as a base so I made her a dual-wielding axe thrower after finding a +1 throwing axe in the market graveyard (started with throwing axe and shield first then dualwield after a while). Fighter has enough feats for TWF line (whcih you can get through FB bonuses as well) and she already has all the dex in the world to qualify for it. Buff her STR and her damage gets pretty crazy.

Drazhya

Novice
I did a check of animal companion classes recently (to build a party of all halflings riding leopards), and what I found is:
Ranger, Hunter, Druid, Cleric(Animal), [Mad Dog]Barbarian, [Beast Rider]Cavalier, [Sylvan]Sorcerer, [Sacred Huntsmaster]Inquisitor and [Wildland]Shaman have access to all animal companions. I think Shaman(Nature)also has full access at 16.
Paladin, other Cavaliers, [Arcane Rider]Magus, [Sohei]Monk, [Bloodrider]Bloodrager and Oracle(Nature) have very limited options. Mostly horses, Bloodriders only get Smilodons, Nature Oracles only get horses or wolves.
Alchemists, Arcanists, Bards, Fighters, Kineticists, Rogues, Skalds, Slayers, Warpriests, Witches and Wizards have no animal companion access.
That's 11 classes with no access, 5 with limited access and 9 with full access to animal companions.
There's a decent chance I made a mistake somewhere, though, I wasn't particularly diligent with this.

volklore

Arcane
But I really like my Sohei...
What if you make a small Sohei on medium mounts? Or a tiny one on small mounts? Would it help with charges?

Or do monks ride only on horses?

When I was testing character building after release, Sohei could only pick a horse. And couldn't continue animal companion other then a horse (couldn't level up as Sohei with another AC).
Don't know if it was a bug or feature. And if it's the same for small races.
A medium sized mount sure is tempting, given issues with Charge. But some arguments against:
1. No Vulpine Pounce
2. CMB penalty - and I intend to use Pummeling Bully + Aspect of the Wolf (from Drovier Lann - thanks Desiderius) with - Tandem Trip
3. Smaller weapon dice
4. Still suboptimal stats for melee damage dealer (like kitsune). At least +1 attack though.
An interesting 'hidden' kitsune racial is that I think they can take the master shapeshifter mythic feat and benefit from the stat increase in fox form (which is a pretty huge +4 STR/DEX/CON). At least it worked when I experimented with respec. Not sure if it's intended.
I could definitely take levels of sohei with another animal companion class taken at first level. You just need to wait for it to grow large at level 7 to ride it, which kinda kills the early game power of mounted combat sadly. Sohei is weird imo, doesn't feel like a mounted class. Monks are a class that stacks AC the best in the game but it's kinda useless on sohei since you wanna be riding. If monastic mount applied your monk bonus AC to your pet instead of giving temporary hitpoint that would make so much more sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom