Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am a bit unsure what to do with Wenduag because of her annoying 1 level in fighter.
Currently I have her at Freebooter 4 Forester 3 as the core, so she can apply Freebooters Bond as a move action and Tactician:Outflank as a standard action, trading her first round of combat to give everyone +4 (!) to flanking hits for a few turns.
Really unsure where to take this further tho, just level fighter for more BAB? Freebooter for same BAB and some spells? Throw a fourth class into the mix?
You should have stayed in Fighter. She is my best damage dealer and decides most encounters in first 3 rounds. And this is just with a basic +2 keen composite longbow (enhanced with Greater Magic Weapon to +5 weapon).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But I really like my Sohei...
What if you make a small Sohei on medium mounts? Or a tiny one on small mounts? Would it help with charges?

Or do monks ride only on horses?

When I was testing character building after release, Sohei could only pick a horse. And couldn't continue animal companion other then a horse (couldn't level up as Sohei with another AC).
Don't know if it was a bug or feature. And if it's the same for small races.
A medium sized mount sure is tempting, given issues with Charge. But some arguments against:
1. No Vulpine Pounce
2. CMB penalty - and I intend to use Pummeling Bully + Aspect of the Wolf (from Drovier Lann - thanks Desiderius) with - Tandem Trip
3. Smaller weapon dice
4. Still suboptimal stats for melee damage dealer (like kitsune). At least +1 attack though.
An interesting kitsune interaction is that I think they can take the master shapeshifter mythic feat and benefit from the stat increase in fox form (which is a pretty huge +4 STR/DEX/CON). Not sure if it's intended.

Wow, that's.. Awesome!

Though it probably should apply to their human form? :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
For those who are in love with Regill so you had sex with him and simply didn't kill him.. I have news for you. If you kill him, your precious Hell Knights are so butthurt, they take their baall and go home after coming to your office to whine like little whiny school demons. rather pathetic, and these are the bad boys we are supposed to be in awe of? Hey, Hell Knights, we have demons to fight - your entire mission - and you are just gonna go hide in the corner because your pathetic lover boy got disciplined for breaking THE LAW? Go away, before I execute you too. Should be grateful I'm a goody two shoes and I deign to show mercy.

Also, back to Wintersun - fuck that bullshit tree and it its runover ability with the ridiculous attack bonus. Still, I FUKKED IT UP BAD.

Also, FYI, I really wish we can cure diseases in town after resting... I had character die because the game wouldn't let me cure disease in town so when I went to travel by the time I got to the next area, she died. PATHETIC. L0L

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
So what's the solution to the Playful Darkness fight? I beat that thing on Core yesterday after multiple tries by spamming maximized rays with Ember plus some Edict of Retaliation from behind a summon wall, but people said it's a puzzle encounter, so I'm kinda curious as to what the game expected me to do.

Reinhardt

Arcane
For those who are in love with Regill so you had sex with him and simply didn't kill him.. I have news for you. If you kill him, your precious Hell Knights are so butthurt, they take their baall and go home after coming to your office to whine like little whiny school demons. rather pathetic, and these are the bad boys we are supposed to be in awe of? Hey, Hell Knights, we have demons to fight - your entire mission - and you are just gonna go hide in the corner because your pathetic lover boy got disciplined for breaking THE LAW? Go away, before I execute you too. Should be grateful I'm a goody two shoes and I deign to show mercy.

"hey, hellknights, im retadred! hurr durr! y u no join me?"

volklore

Arcane
So what's the solution to the Playful Darkness fight? I beat that thing on Core yesterday after multiple tries by spamming maximized rays with Ember plus some Edict of Retaliation from behind a summon wall, but people said it's a puzzle encounter, so I'm kinda curious as to what the game expected me to do.
Haven't got to that yet, but when I read people on reddit post its stats to complain that hur durr optional superbosses are too hard, I seemed obvious to me that the 'puzzle' was to target touch AC which you seem to have solved.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I didn't ask them to join me. They showed up on their own uninvited just to whine about their dipshit loser of a member. I didn't budge. I laughed in their face, and told them Regill got what he deserved. NO APOLOGY. I'll win the war without them. Don't need losers. Let them go cry in a corner. I got my SEXAY succubus who is BETTER THAN THEM ALL. Now, I would like them more if I could convince them to take the half orc, her girlfriend, and that 'secret' serial kill off my hands. Then I be best bros with them and might even resurrect Regill. L0L

Reinhardt

Arcane
I didn't ask them to join me. They showed up on their own uninvited just to whine about their dipshit loser of a member. I didn't budge. I laughed in their face, and told them Regill got what he deserved. NO APOLOGY. I'll win the war without them. Don't need losers. Let them go cry in a corner. I got my SEXAY succubus who is BETTER THAN THEM ALL. Now, I would like them more if I could convince them to take the half orc, her girlfriend, and that 'secret' serial kill off my hands. Then I be best bros with them and might even resurrect Regill. L0L
See, codex - there are situations when kween leading crusade is actually incline.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So far the encounters and boss battles are way more interesting than what we had in PKM. Especially a lot of smaller encounters.
Like the Vampire
in the basement that opens a fake wall with lots of spawn that start Dominating everyone.
Or the Blackwater boss battle
where you need to disable his force shield while dealing spawning enemies and lighting pillars that can hurt both parties
Also the small maps that were in PKM like one weretiger or some shit like that now have a proper and interesting encounters.
So far this is more interesting than Here is a hasted giant Troll or a dead in 2 turns Ancient lich from PKM.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Nonsense. Wintersun has two powerful throwing axes ON ONE GUY. I also saw a few more too. I saw a handful of bows as well. Basically every weapon is covered with uber shit.

I just managed to upgrade the talking weapon so it is now useful again. In fact, I'd say compartively speaking, war axes eem to shortshrifted.

Salvo

Arcane
The current patch completely messed with the difficulty settings and broke them entirely. Reloading a save on unfair now and all the enemies have the same stats as story mode enemies.
Finally rusty can finish the game!
How can he decide which loot is better if it's not color-coded?
Jokes on you, nigger -

• Loot Colors and Filters
- ToyBox gives WoTR a Diablo 2/Borderlands style loot rarity and coloring system including
- Checkbox to have the game color your loot according to rarity in inventory, containers, etc.
[incoherent screeching]

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Eh, one place in Act 3 has two good throwing axes. There's a +3 silence in Act 2 I think. Comparatively, bows are in much greater supply and most come with Composite anyway.

volklore

Arcane
On another note, is anybody having huge performance issues in large maps with lots of NPCs ?
I was noticeable already in the market square although it wasn't terrible. Got worse in the lost chapel (the boss fight was laggy) and hit an unplayable high in the drezzen siege (on the wave fight where you protect a battering ram trying to break through a door). Lowering the graphics setting didn't seem to have an effect, but it seems that performance resets to okay-ish level after rebooting. My GPU was not heating up at all either and seemed under-utilized (RTX 3070, ryzen 7 cpu). I don't think my rig should be struggling on this game... Is it just unity being unity and the game just runs like ass or is there some magical setting fixing the framerate issues on large maps?

Sunri

Liturgist
On another note, is anybody having huge performance issues in large maps with lots of NPCs ?
I was noticeable already in the market square although it wasn't terrible. Got worse in the lost chapel (the boss fight was laggy) and hit an unplayable high in the drezzen siege (on the wave fight where you protect a battering ram trying to break through a door). Lowering the graphics setting didn't seem to have an effect, but it seems that performance resets to okay-ish level after rebooting. My GPU was not heating up at all either and seemed under-utilized (RTX 3070, ryzen 7 cpu). I don't think my rig should be struggling on this game... Is it just unity being unity and the game just runs like ass or is there some magical setting fixing the framerate issues on large maps?
I had problems only in ch 4 abbys city game was turning into slideshow during big battles

ArchAngel

Arcane
Go back to Widows 7 and you will not have any such problems.

volklore

Arcane
Care to elaborate? In what way would win 7 help?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Care to elaborate? In what way would win 7 help?
In way that I got Win7 and old computer and it seems to not have many problems people complain about. Since I doubt it is about having a weaker hardware so it must be due to software and spy bloat called Win10.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Ha, I just took a look at the Steam trading cards. Most of them selling at around $4.5 in my currency... except Sosiel, he's less than $2. Why does no one wanna buy him guys???

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also I like the soft penalty of too much resting. Even the first corruption level that gives 15% casting failure chance is nasty and you don't really want to do these battles with that. So far it makes me rest even less than PKM did.

Tazar

Barely Literate
Does a lich works better with a caster or a melee character?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom