Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

None

Scholar
If you're getting a lot of lag and long loading times try changing your difficulty back and forth. I have no idea why it worked, but it did for me.

Zeriel

Arcane
Demon city is probably worse than Vivec when it comes to navigation. I think one of the buildings bugged out and won't move, leaving me stuck. (no teleporter in the party). :argh:

I kept thinking, "God this is gonna be torture to replay on another run."

If you don't know, the buildings are based on camera angle, not waiting. So if you can't get it to move, rotate your angle to what you think it was when you went over the first time. Or just try other angles.

Rieser

Scholar
Got this dialogue that had me make two will checks, where the first one was d20 + 13 skill value and the second d20 + 11 skill value. What is this number derived from?

Jackpot

Learned
Galfrey losing Drezen in the Aeon's path is particularly pathetic.
This city that never fell for decades under constant siege, had the siege broken and the demon armies pushed back, and within a matter of months (basically days?) she loses it.

Codex Year of the Donut
This city that never fell for decades under constant siege, had the siege broken and the demon armies pushed back, and within a matter of months (basically days?) she loses it.
well, she's a woman

Zeriel

Arcane

Galfrey's a shitter in general. To be fair they do make that pretty clear from the beginning, and it's not like its out of the ordinary for royalty.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am noticing a very peculiar trend of having white women be incompetent/crazy/anything negative, while everyone else that is colourful be pretty good at things.

I generally dislike to bring up political agendas (mostly because everyone else does, while being blind to bigger issues an RPG has), but I'm not a big fan of what's happening. And the question mark grows slightly bigger, since developer diaries clearly show white women working on this title.

But then...
Galfrey's a shitter in general. To be fair they do make that pretty clear from the beginning, and it's not like its out of the ordinary for royalty.
As Sun-Tzu once said, there should always be a clear distinction between the monarch and the general when it comes to war, tactics and logistics.

Problem is: you can invite the Queen with your troops, taking an active role in your campaign, and the game goes out of its way to show you that she's quite good in combat. Overall very contradictory.

So I'm not sure exactly what's going on. The most "fabulously optimistic" view is that Paizo is a piece of shit, and Owlcat is fighting the garbage, and opinions go downhill from there...

:negative:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am noticing a very peculiar trend of having white women be incompetent/crazy/anything negative, while everyone else that is colourful be pretty good at things.

I generally dislike to bring up political agendas (mostly because everyone else does, while being blind to bigger issues an RPG has), but I'm not a big fan of what's happening. And the question mark grows slightly bigger, since developer diaries clearly show white women working on this title.
The same trend was already in Deadfire, 2015.
Furrante - "evil", Aeldys - "fierce", Benweth - "dumb boy toy".
Ilara - "protects order in Port Maje", Rum-Dumb Rigerre... enough said.
Governor Clario - "sleazy, incompetent", Storm Speaker Ikawha - "wise, just" Then there is Rinco and Mokeha... and the list goes on.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

Does Galfrey eventually become a full companion on the Angel Path, or was this cut out, as many other things that were datamined?

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

Governor Clario - "sleazy, incompetent", Storm Speaker Ikawha - "wise, just" Then there is Rinco and Mokeha... and the list goes on.

Which "person of colour" is supposed to be the competent one? Irabeth's not even a human. Anevia's not even a woman. Seelah is a pathetic jobber whom you have to, quite literally, slap into fighting form. Nenio is heavily autistic in a non-meme way. Wenduag is a mutant with a painful, short lifespan, and Aeon's "True Ending" reveals that her entire philosophy was just a giant cope - once she receives a normal life, she never even tries to dabble with the demonic in any way. The most successful female character is Ember, who admittedly is tanned, though not via melanin, but a bonfire.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Which "person of colour" is supposed to be the competent one? Irabeth's not even a human. Anevia's not even a woman. Seelah is a pathetic jobber whom you have to, quite literally, slap into fighting form. Nenio is heavily autistic in a non-meme way. Wenduag is a mutant with a painful, short lifespan, and Aeon's "True Ending" reveals that her entire philosophy was just a giant cope - once she receives a normal life, she never even tries to dabble with the demonic in any way. The most successful female character is Ember, who admittedly is tanned, though not via melanin, but a bonfire.
As far as I know the "powerful women" is later subverted in WotR's plot but I'm not that far yet.

purupuru

Learned
the game goes out of its way to show you that she's quite good in combat
I mean, a good warrior can be a absolutely terrible general. In fact I think the queen herself has hinted that she is good in combat but not with tactics, while the PC is widely regarded as a master tactician and that's why the crusade is starting to win.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does anyone have any experience with Aeon? How is it's story and implementation?

Story changes a lot in some key points. Also some major quests change a lot too. But you need to embrace the cosmic justice and became the law. If something is against the law you need to erase it from the existance, one way or another. Or your power as aeon won't develop enough to change the past and present.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
So, just got to level 5 with my Shieldbearer Warpriest.

The major feature of the archetype is that it does scaling shield bash damage, up to 2d8 at 20th level.

He should get the first damage bump at 5th level, up to 1d8.

Unsurprisingly, this feature currently doesn't work.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It sounds rather meh even if it worked tbh.

If it's anything like some of the shield bash builds on the tabletop, the primary intent isn't damage but to fuck over enemies.

I know from experience fighters built for shield bash can be a complete nightmare to fight, as they'll completely cripple your action economy by constantly doing free combat maneuvers with super high CMBs.

Stoned Ape

Savant
It sounds rather meh even if it worked tbh.

It's not that bad, it also gets to give its shield a stacking AC buff, fortification, or spell resistance.

Also, like other Warpriests it also gets the scaling damage on any weapon focused weapons, has high will saves, and up to 6th level Cleric casting + a couple of blessings.

In chapter 1, unbuffed, my current 5th level character gets 29 AC, without using consumables that gets to 35 buffed, which I think is OK for this point of the game. Can push that higher as soon as I get Magical Vestment for Daeran at next level.

Damage output isn't amazing, though... 4 attacks (1 hour 30min hasted ritual in Garrison), +10/+10/+10/+5 (3d6+7, 3d6+7 (scimitar), 1d8+d6+5 (shield), 1d8+1d6+2 (bite, kitsune) all good aligned.
(Buffs: Bulls Strength, enlarge, Bless, Warpriest Good Blessing. Can also divine favour)

Stoned Ape

Savant
The major feature of the archetype is that it does scaling shield bash damage, up to 2d8 at 20th level.
I don't see this ability in actual class feature list. Or on d20 site.
Shieldbearer.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh it's part of sacred weapon ok. Ima dummy.

Yea I am not a fan of Warpriest as class. Clickthings to be good sometimes.
But I kinda like this one because I like shields.

Actually the description is still confusing, it says "damage of weapon based on level", which could mean anything.

Oh! I now remember. I played Warpriest in beta, and sacred weapon did nothing for my weapon. That's why I am confused.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Class feature descriptions are a complete fucking mess atm, and a lot of them are plain missing. Best bet atm is probably playing stuff that was already in KM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom