Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Class feature descriptions are a complete fucking mess atm, and a lot of them are plain missing. Best bet atm is probably playing stuff that was already in KM.
There is stuff missing in what was in KM too! :thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
In the unlikely case that someone from Owlcat Games read these forums, suffers from a mental illness, and has too much money to spare, here are my humble suggestions for the inevitable Definitive Edition++ (TM).

1. Bring back "complex" alignment options (Lawful Neutral; Neutral Good etc.).
2. Definitely bring back Neutral dialogue options/story choices, since right now playing any Neutral character feels like playing someone suffering from BPD.

As to the Mythic Paths:
1. Turn Devil into a "core" path and Demon into a late-game one. Currently, as the story is presented, it makes no sense that the Crusades would not immediately smite/execute someone using outright abyssal powers. On the other hand, the forces of Cheliax are openly accepted, so even if you tapped into the power of Hell, it would at least be tolerated. Introducing becoming a Demon as an option makes sense only once you are "betrayed" and enter the Worldwound.
2. Blend the Trickster and Azata paths into a single, more complex one, with previously Trickster choices representing the Chaotic aspect, whilst Azata the Good ones. As of now the Trickster's powers especially are so flavourless and ill-defined that playing him feels like a post-game, meta-filled developer commentary track.
3. Turn Legend into a "core" path; an outright "Hard Mode" for those replaying the game.
4. Remove the Gold Dragon path. It is flavourless and useless. You might as well share the little "dragon" content present between Aeon and Azata (now blended with Trickster).
5. Either remove the "secret ending" or do SOMETHING with it in order for it's existence to make more sense on the paths where it doesn't right now. Focus instead on actually unique endings for each path, since right now only Aeon and Legend have one.

In short, reduce the number of paths, and instead focus on introducing more unique content and reactivity. Especially Aeon is a weird place right now, since his later "retcons" bear barely any fruit in-game (like saving Terendelev/Kenabres).

The final ones:
1. Re-introduce companions unique to various Paths which were obviously cut out somewhere during the development (Nurah for Trickster, Terendelev for Aeon, Galfrey for Angel etc.).
2. Add more portraits, and non-monks this time, please.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
In the unlikely case that someone from Owlcat Games read these forums, suffers from a mental illness, and has too much money to spare, here are my humble suggestions for the inevitable Definitive Edition++ (TM).

1. Bring back "complex" alignment options (Lawful Neutral; Neutral Good etc.).
2. Definitely bring back Neutral dialogue options/story choices, since right now playing any Neutral character feels like playing someone suffering from BPD.

As to the Mythic Paths:
1. Turn Devil into a "core" path and Demon into a late-game one. Currently, as the story is presented, it makes no sense that the Crusades would not immediately smite/execute someone using outright abyssal powers. On the other hand, the forces of Cheliax are openly accepted, so even if you tapped into the power of Hell, it would at least be tolerated. Introducing becoming a Demon as an option makes sense only once you are "betrayed" and enter the Worldwound.
2. Blend the Trickster and Azata paths into a single, more complex one, with previously Trickster choices representing the Chaotic aspect, whilst Azata the Good ones. As of now the Trickster's powers especially are so flavourless and ill-defined that playing him feels like a post-game, meta-filled developer commentary track.
3. Turn Legend into a "core" path; an outright "Hard Mode" for those replaying the game.
4. Remove the Gold Dragon path. It is flavourless and useless. You might as well share the little "dragon" content present between Aeon and Azata (now blended with Trickster).
5. Either remove the "secret ending" or do SOMETHING with it in order for it's existence to make more sense on the paths where it doesn't right now. Focus instead on actually unique endings for each path, since right now only Aeon and Legend have one.

In short, reduce the number of paths, and instead focus on introducing more unique content and reactivity. Especially Aeon is a weird place right now, since his later "retcons" bear barely any fruit in-game (like saving Terendelev/Kenabres).

The final ones:
1. Re-introduce companions unique to various Paths which were obviously cut out somewhere during the development (Nurah for Trickster, Terendelev for Aeon, Galfrey for Angel etc.).
2. Add more portraits, and non-monks this time, please.

Thank you for your time.

Is there a list somewhere about the datamined cut content? I wouldn't be surprised if
Staunton Vhane
would've become companion for Aeon.

volklore

Arcane
So is Blightmaw the act 2 optional boss ? It wasn't too difficult on hard. I gotta say there is something really satisfying in tripping huge monsters with a heightened level 1 spell (and saves debuffs).

I also figured out what is causing slideshows and why it only happened in long fights with a lot of enemies (like the ghoul pit fight in drezzen keep). After a lot of the enemies are dead, the FPS drop to 10 or lower when I hover the mouse over the bodies (and the game highlights them all for the group loot) during combat. If my mouse is sitting on an alive the FPS is normal but when it is resting on a lootable dead body it goes all the way to 10. Maybe it is something related to ragdoll physics ?

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The true name of mythic paths
  • Angel = Pentecostal fanatic
  • G. Dragon = Dragon wannabe
  • Azata = Cosmic ancap
  • Aeon = Rule lawyer
  • Legend = Snowflake
  • Trickster = ancap
  • Devil = Edge rule lawyer
  • Lich = Edgelord
  • Demon = Lack anger management.
  • Swarm who talks -= Murderhobo.
The demon and trickster TBH seems the most underwhelming ones. Lich and Azata seems the best ones.

Sunri

Liturgist
Ok the last chapter was so boring that i turned story mode on and i failed the hidden ending because i didn't want to waste my time skipping whole year in crusader mode maybe I just played to much over the last month but i really lost my drive to play this game also all npc's that assist you in last battles are useless or just malicious like this blind fucker storyteller that spams aoe on your team over and over again :retarded:
At least I was satisfied with most epilogues my character just hangs out with her friends and dog after crusade good shit :positive::shittydog:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
1Coog4u.jpg

i assume since i have the book in my inventory the game thinks my lawful good cleric of erastil is on the swarm path. because i sure as fuck never got a choice to "run experiments". does a single thing in this game actually work?

Efe

Erudite
theres a xanthir's experiements card on crusade. you sure you didnt run it?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Just executed two more 'companions' for their evil deeds. The two corpse eating wenches are now summarily punished permenately.

The dragon pest has been vanquished. I actually kind like that whole scenario even though it was annoying with the whole show up blast your party then runaway. Please don't tell me Greybor is required for it, though, he can't hit shit. In all four fights with the dragon, this most useless dwarf never got one hit in. 4 attacks a round, and fuck all. LMAO

The army nonsense is bearable except it takes awhile to build up your army (duh!), Otherwise, I don't have major issues with it other than the cheese of some opposing armies and how clearly mage generals are simply vastly superior.

I actually do like how time passingw orks as it opens up quests and shit instead of it all spamming at once. Also, people show talk more about some of the 'random' road encounters you get. Some of them - not the enemy waylaid you ones - are pretty cool like the ones with the recruits and their tentacles.

Between turn based combat and army/empire building, I'm already at 100+ hours - easily more time than the first one even counting reloads and all the time I take my time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Honestly, started the game today and got bored instantly. Moved back to Kingmaker. Kingamker in my Nth run is more fun than this game after a lich cruoromancer run and a azata "half run'(late 2nd chapter + 3 + 4 + a bit of 5). Recently reached chapter 5, dealing with Barbarian tribes from Numeria which is one of the worst kingmaker parts is way more interesting than dealing with late chapters in this game...

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Be careful out there with mods, yestarday my Respec mods was bugged and every enemy , outside of bosses, had 1 HP. So the end of Ivory Sanctum was fucking breeze to me. :M

Sheepherder

Augur
If you're getting a lot of lag and long loading times try changing your difficulty back and forth. I have no idea why it worked, but it did for me.
Another thing that worked for, but your mileage may wary, is going to AppData\LocalLow, owlcat games folder and deleting all the log files. it just werks :hearnoevil:

Salvo

Arcane
1Coog4u.jpg

i assume since i have the book in my inventory the game thinks my lawful good cleric of erastil is on the swarm path. because i sure as fuck never got a choice to "run experiments". does a single thing in this game actually work?
cool portrait, mind to share?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just executed two more 'companions' for their evil deeds. The two corpse eating wenches are now summarily punished permenately.

The dragon pest has been vanquished. I actually kind like that whole scenario even though it was annoying with the whole show up blast your party then runaway. Please don't tell me Greybor is required for it, though, he can't hit shit. In all four fights with the dragon, this most useless dwarf never got one hit in. 4 attacks a round, and fuck all. LMAO

The army nonsense is bearable except it takes awhile to build up your army (duh!), Otherwise, I don't have major issues with it other than the cheese of some opposing armies and how clearly mage generals are simply vastly superior.

I actually do like how time passingw orks as it opens up quests and shit instead of it all spamming at once. Also, people show talk more about some of the 'random' road encounters you get. Some of them - not the enemy waylaid you ones - are pretty cool like the ones with the recruits and their tentacles.

Between turn based combat and army/empire building, I'm already at 100+ hours - easily more time than the first one even counting reloads and all the time I take my time.
Good luck with that. WIthout companions you got nobody on your council and you don't get any options for decisions except what the default councilor suggests. This is a huge problem compared to Kingmaker where you could make custom companions to replace standard ones as the councilors.
Also Greybor is awesome but I guess no got no clue how to make good characters. I hope you enchanted his weapons, cast Heroism, gave him Haste and used his Slayer Mark. Also I hope you took Mythic feat that removes two weapon fighting penalty, that is straight +2 bonus to attack that is always on

Delterius

Arcane
Does anyone have any experience with Aeon? How is it's story and implementation?

Story changes a lot in some key points. Also some major quests change a lot too. But you need to embrace the cosmic justice and became the law. If something is against the law you need to erase it from the existance, one way or another. Or your power as aeon won't develop enough to change the past and present.
Sorry, what I meant to ask is: is it fucking bugged?

Salvo

Arcane
Does anyone have any experience with Aeon? How is it's story and implementation?

Story changes a lot in some key points. Also some major quests change a lot too. But you need to embrace the cosmic justice and became the law. If something is against the law you need to erase it from the existance, one way or another. Or your power as aeon won't develop enough to change the past and present.
Sorry, what I meant to ask is: is it fucking bugged?
Some mechanics are wonky, story-wise it's fine

Percy

Cipher
Archery is indeed OP, but even more so with improved improved improved critical.

I have Lann, Wendaug and Aru with 15-20 threat range and 5 times multipliers just obliterating most foes.

I chose Wendaug and let Lann live the first time.
When you go back to Kanabres, I was able to get Wendaug to let Lann go and try to convicne him he was the traitor to his clan
Wendaug did betray me in Chapter 5 but I let her live because I know what her character sheet looks like
You have to make sure Lann survives this fight though, he runs in at level 2 like leeroy jenkins

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom