Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Be careful out there with mods
As one quite smart man on one quite stupid resource wrote: "Don't use mods until the rate of patches decreases to 1 patch per month."

Naturally, he was downvoted to oblivion.

Zeriel

Arcane
I am noticing a very peculiar trend of having white women be incompetent/crazy/anything negative, while everyone else that is colourful be pretty good at things.

I generally dislike to bring up political agendas (mostly because everyone else does, while being blind to bigger issues an RPG has), but I'm not a big fan of what's happening. And the question mark grows slightly bigger, since developer diaries clearly show white women working on this title.

But then...
Galfrey's a shitter in general. To be fair they do make that pretty clear from the beginning, and it's not like its out of the ordinary for royalty.
As Sun-Tzu once said, there should always be a clear distinction between the monarch and the general when it comes to war, tactics and logistics.

Problem is: you can invite the Queen with your troops, taking an active role in your campaign, and the game goes out of its way to show you that she's quite good in combat. Overall very contradictory.

So I'm not sure exactly what's going on. The most "fabulously optimistic" view is that Paizo is a piece of shit, and Owlcat is fighting the garbage, and opinions go downhill from there...

:negative:

She's a good fighter, relatively speaking. That doesn't mean she's a good person, or makes good decisions. That's basically the whole story of her place in WOTR--she'd be a good paladin, but she's a terrible ruler, and indeed, that's not an uncommon occurence in RL management/leadership/royalty, some of them would be fine in other roles, they just suck at being on the very top.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Killed the dragon, it was not too hard thanks to communal energy resistance. Also turned staunton into an undead meatshield so now I can finally kick out the black paladin hoe.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
She's a good fighter, relatively speaking. That doesn't mean she's a good person, or makes good decisions. That's basically the whole story of her place in WOTR--she'd be a good paladin, but she's a terrible ruler, and indeed, that's not an uncommon occurence in RL management/leadership/royalty, some of them would be fine in other roles, they just suck at being on the very top.
Nothing released today can match the briefly presented dichotomy between Loghain and King Cailan :) (Dragon Age Origins)

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nothing released today can match the briefly presented dichotomy between Loghain and King Cailan :) (Dragon Age Origins)
They were both retards and both deserved to die.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, I uninstalled the game.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think loading times got worse.
Also, my victory morale flag changed from green to yellow after winning 2 battles.
I'm really not in the mood for this owlcat crap right now. I will finish WotR later. Much later.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Eh, I uninstalled the game.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think loading times got worse.
Also, my victory morale flag changed from green to yellow after winning 2 battles.
I'm really not in the mood for this owlcat crap right now. I will finish WotR later. Much later.
Download the crusader win mod and balance out the battle rewards by doing as much content as possible before auto winning the battles. It also avoids the loading screens, so it should help somewhat.

Rafidur

Learned
Killed the dragon, it was not too hard thanks to communal energy resistance. Also turned staunton into an undead meatshield so now I can finally kick out the black paladin hoe.

Might want to use a respec mod if you're okay with that, his default build is aggressively terrible.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
theres a xanthir's experiements card on crusade. you sure you didnt run it?
i have it on auto. are you even supposed to be able to take the swarm path if you didn't take the queen corpse with you in the beginning?

Removal

Scholar
i have it on auto. are you even supposed to be able to take the swarm path if you didn't take the queen corpse with you in the beginning?
That's why, autocrusade mode makes all the important decisions for you. Did you use the bugs during the Drezen battle? if so then yeah you activated the swarm path as a later option
why the thinking man's choice is
the crusade autowin mod so you don't have to suffer through whichever autist at Owlcat loves terrible addons like Crusade mode or Kingdom managment, but you still get to choose which projects to do

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hadn't had any performances problem so far, but last patch made the game incredibly laggy for me. Both during combat and exploration.

Meanwhile, Cleave/Cleaving Finish still haven't been actually fixed. This game's release so far has been way better than Kingmaker's one, but the fact that Owlcat still can't get right even such a basic feat is appalling.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The fact that Cleaving Finish is still not fixed fills me with great sadness, but sometimes, the game bugs out in a different direction

mM3ehUJ.png

I won that fight, if you're wondering.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I hadn't had any performances problem so far, but last patch made the game incredibly laggy for me. Both during combat and exploration.

Meanwhile, Cleave/Cleaving Finish still haven't been actually fixed. This game's release so far has been way better than Kingmaker's one, but the fact that Owlcat still can't get right even such a basic feat is appalling.
Are you also lagging like shit during TB combat and occasionally RT as well.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/2900871576037572131

Update 1.0.6
Crusaders!

A new patch has been deployed.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!
Quests and companions:

• When companions temporarily left your group as a part of the story, they could return dead if they had negative conditions on them - fixed;
  • When selecting the unique dialogue option for the Secret mythic path in the final dialogue, cutscene could freeze - fixed;
  • Companion quests sometimes weren't failing if the companion was sacrificed by the Lich - fixed;
  • Demon Mythic could sometimes be unselectable for some time after exiting combat - fixed;
  • In some circumstances Inger-Maggor didn't drop the key for the gate - fixed;
  • Cold Waters quest now correctly displays the warning to complete the quest before the end of this chapter only in chapter 2;
  • It's no longer possible to get Shadow Dance quest if the player failed Corruption quest in Chapter 3
  • Mephistopheles used to summon too many Hellhounds. - fixed. Who let the dogs out?!
  • Shamira sometimes didn't want to interact with the player in Shadow Dance quest - fixed;
  • it's no longer possible to get two Immaculate Petals in Prisoner of the Abyss quest;
  • Aeon now sees Wenduag's aura. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!
  • Aiwu no longer forgets you when you switch to Legend mythic path after being Azata;
  • Trever in Prisoner of the Abyss quest had his weapon in the inventory instead of hands - fixed;
  • Sosiel's quest in the Abyss now updates correctly if you go directly to the arena manager in a search for Trever;
  • After telling Woljif to leave the party in Defender's heart, your character could become stuck - fixed;
  • Dialogue with Mephisto sometimes didn't continue after a successful diplomacy check - fixed;
  • Dead previous owner of Battle Bliss could keep appearing after completion of the questline. - fixed;
  • Changed the balance in The Price of Loyalty quest;
  • Attack out of Nowhere quest could fail if you visit Molten Scar after Ivory Sanctum - fixed;

Locations:

• It was possible to "break mechanism" multiple times at Blackwater - fixed;
  • Party could sometimes get stuck in between islands after a failed athletics check in Alushinyrra - fixed;
  • Channel Negative Energy — Heal Undead Trap in Ivory Sanctum didn't heal the Eternal Guardian - fixed;
  • Heart of Mystery portals were incorrectly open earlier than intended - fixed;
  • Optimized freezes when islands "snap into place" in Alushinyrra (small freezes still remain, but much less than before).

Crusade:

• Crusade: Inquisitor's Divine Favor didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Crusade: Divine Favor was missing a description - fixed;
  • When a unit teleported into a trap and died there, its turn would never end - fixed;
  • Vampiric Touch and Vampiric Shurikens didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Ice Storm's slowing effect didn't work - fixed;
  • Favored Enemy — Flying and Favored Enemy — Large didn't work - fixed.

Classes & Mechanics:

• Trickster's Stealth 3 rank was giving incorrect amount of Spell Resistance - fixed;
  • Game could freeze in Mythic levelup - fixed;
  • Aeon's Bane no longer dispells effects cast by allies;
  • Breath of Life is correctly not affected by Spell Resistance now;
  • Protection from Arrows was not bypassed by non-magical melee weapons - fixed;
  • Oracle's Life Link ability was only usable on the caster instead of the allies - fixed;
  • Touch spells sometimes would fail for last characters in Initiative order after allies (including summons) or enemies joined combat after it started - fixed;
  • Prediction incorrectly indicated that a character on a stunned mount can attack enemy that's not close enough to attack without moving - fixed;
  • Charge and Overrun abilities were not checking if caster and his mount can actually move, leading to freezing turn in TBM - fixed;
  • Sacred Weapon abilities for Warpriest had no description - fixed;
  • Wizards of Divination school were sometimes not able to memorize spells in their schools slots - fixed;
  • Spelleater's ability Blood of Life didn't have a description - fixed;
  • Added descriptions of the groups of demons for the Favored Enemy ability;
  • The Divine Hunter's Otherworldly Companion provided incorrect resistances to the said animal companion - fixed.

Items:

• Golden toad now has a properly solid cost and weight;
  • Jubilost's signed Almanac now actually contains his signature;
  • Seal of Madness no longer affects allies.

User Interface:

• Aeon immunities now have proper tooltips;
  • A couple of NPCs had placeholder portraits - fixed;
  • It was sometimes impossible to finish respec for level 9 mythic - fixed;
  • Animal companion portraits could disappear from the control panel when switching zones - fixed;
  • Minor visual fixes in interface of Crusade generals;
  • Faith Hunter tooltips for the FH symbol at 10, 14, and 18 had no description - fixed;
  • Bonuses to character stats sometimes weren't displayed correctly. - fixed.
  • Pop-up messages on global map will now stop the movement of the commander's party.

Misс
  • Unfair difficulty had unplanned additional improvements to enemy stats - fixed;
  • Fixed the issue with lagging mouse cursor;
  • Fixed a number of errors that caused the game to crash;
  • Fixed the logics in conversation with Areshkagal;
  • Some parameters of Nocticula have been reduced of difficulties below Core;
  • Skin button didn't have a sound when looting - fixed.

Rieser

Scholar
Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh. I thought +20 attax in tutorial was just as planned.
But I guess it was tricky for vivimonksaints when they get slain by one hit by chapter 1 enemies with more than 30 ab.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Are the DC saves for diseases bugged? Every disease so far has a 32 or more DC which means I can’t even dispel them with high caster level remove disease spell.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are the DC saves for diseases bugged? Every disease so far has a 32 or more DC which means I can’t even dispel them with high caster level remove disease spell.
I don't know if it works for every disease in the game, but so far I've been able to remove all of them with the Treat Affliction action. It's in the abilities menu (where you can find Charge and Coup de Grace), and it requires a Lore (Religion) check against the DC of the disease, so it should be easier to succeed than the Remove Disease spell check.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You could probably ask clerek guy in city do it for you, when you use scroll near him, game uses his caster level.
Oh and reducing difficulty also will help since it affects some DCs (+remove all status effects on rest).

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane

Are you also lagging like shit during TB combat and occasionally RT as well.

TB has lagged horribly since the launch for me. Whenever you kill someone the animations stutter for a full second. Doesn't happen in real time for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom