Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jackpot

Learned
To be fair to Owlcat they have been pumping out the bugfixes since release, but its like working hard to drain a lake with buckets.
There's just so many bugs.
The game could have used another year in the oven to work all of these issues out.
Although again, to be fair, that's true of like 80% of RPGs.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Oh. I thought +20 attax in tutorial was just as planned.
But I guess it was tricky for vivimonksaints when they get slain by one hit by chapter 1 enemies with more than 30 ab.
Whilst I am not generally in favor of artificially inflating stats as a method of increasing difficulty, considering how bad the enemy AI was, it was pretty much all they had. The current state of unfair post adjustment is just depressing.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game could have used another year in the oven to work all of these issues out.
It would have not helped. They do not have resources to emulate the testing of the whole player base.

So the alternative is: have a polished visual novel or have a buggy grand scale CRPG. I know what I prefer.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
To be fair to Owlcat they have been pumping out the bugfixes since release, but its like working hard to drain a lake with buckets.
There's just so many bugs.
Although again, to be fair, that's true of like 80% of RPGs.
Maybe they shouldn’t have released it in early access??

Werdnicus

Learned
So yeah I became Swarm by turning my body inside out, allowing the hungering bugs tear my flesh from within, the Chaotic Evil bug swarm of ravenous hungering edge, everyone, even my companions turned away from me in disgust and horror but I am still nowhere near the equal of the previously established master of body mutilation and transformation as he is completely unfazed by my presence:
x0iRTOl.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hadn't had any performances problem so far, but last patch made the game incredibly laggy for me. Both during combat and exploration.

Meanwhile, Cleave/Cleaving Finish still haven't been actually fixed. This game's release so far has been way better than Kingmaker's one, but the fact that Owlcat still can't get right even such a basic feat is appalling.
Are you also lagging like shit during TB combat and occasionally RT as well.

TB has lagged horribly since the launch for me. Whenever you kill someone the animations stutter for a full second. Doesn't happen in real time for me.
I only have a drop in framerate when TB combat ends.

Delterius

Arcane
hope you can combine Completely Normal Spell with Favorite Metamagic so you can turn level 2 spells into a cantrips, plus a whole lot of metamagic fuckery

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I hadn't had any performances problem so far, but last patch made the game incredibly laggy for me. Both during combat and exploration.

Meanwhile, Cleave/Cleaving Finish still haven't been actually fixed. This game's release so far has been way better than Kingmaker's one, but the fact that Owlcat still can't get right even such a basic feat is appalling.
Are you also lagging like shit during TB combat and occasionally RT as well.

TB has lagged horribly since the launch for me. Whenever you kill someone the animations stutter for a full second. Doesn't happen in real time for me.
I only have a drop in framerate when TB combat ends.

Weird. Wonder if it's specific to certain cards/drivers.

Shaki

Arbiter
It would have not helped. They do not have resources to emulate the testing of the whole player base.

So the alternative is: have a polished visual novel or have a buggy grand scale CRPG. I know what I prefer.

I mean, shitload of bugs that still exist in the game, were reported ~year ago. There were bugs I personally reported in first alpha, that are still there.

Devs like to use the excuse of "it's simply impossible to find all of the bugs before the release", but the fact is, players just got used to being betatesters, so devs feel comfortable with early releases, knowing that their game is in a bad state and consciously pushing pages of known bugs to be fixed after release, because they want the $$$ as soon as possible.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Got this dialogue that had me make two will checks, where the first one was d20 + 13 skill value and the second d20 + 11 skill value. What is this number derived from?
If it was the Shamira Will-Checks against her trying to pry the information about Nahyndrian Crystals from your memory, that is intentional.
Throughout the conversation, she starts casting mind-affecting spells on you as you pass the checks, including a nasty -10 Will Saves mindfog for the last one. You can typically fail one of them and have the Hand of the Inheritor help you out, or if your saves/spellresist is high enough, you can resist all of them by yourself.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
But I guess it was tricky for vivimonksaints when they get slain by one hit by chapter 1 enemies with more than 30 ab.
Whilst I am not generally in favor of artificially inflating stats as a method of increasing difficulty, considering how bad the enemy AI was, it was pretty much all they had. The current state of unfair post adjustment is just depressing.

Why nerf hardest difficulty. Is it not supposed to be hard?

Sharpedge

Prophet

Why nerf hardest difficulty. Is it not supposed to be hard?
I agree with you. My point was more, "it would be better if they had significantly better AI rather than just high stats." The stats post nerf on unfair are just depressing though. It was possible to beat it before and now any group that was able to beat it before, can faceroll it now.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm surprised the game turned out this buggy considering they had the engine made and everything. Did they for some reason rebuild the thing from scratch? Sure feels like a first release.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Good luck with that. WIthout companions you got nobody on your council and you don't get any options for decisions except what the default councilor suggests. This is a huge problem compared to Kingmaker where you could make custom companions to replace standard ones as the councilors.
Also Greybor is awesome but I guess no got no clue how to make good characters. I hope you enchanted his weapons, cast Heroism, gave him Haste and used his Slayer Mark. Also I hope you took Mythic feat that removes two weapon fighting penalty, that is straight +2 bonus to attack that is always on"

*SHRUG* Choices and consequences.

I never use the NPCs except to do their quests, so he only has his wussy basic equipment. I have created characters. Sure, I boosted his shitty stats with spells, but he still sucked. he need 16+ to hit the dragon yet never did. What an embarrassment of a dwarf. Has a decent 'vibe' as an edgy hunter, but can't back it up in actual combat. FAIL.

Efe

Erudite
theres a xanthir's experiements card on crusade. you sure you didnt run it?
i have it on auto. are you even supposed to be able to take the swarm path if you didn't take the queen corpse with you in the beginning?
that convo happens because of that crusade event
your kingdom on auto completed that, that why you see it.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Can you attack with touch AC using a melee oriented attack? Enemies are starting to get very high AC and even with 35STR I can’t hit them most of the time.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
The final ones:
1. Re-introduce companions unique to various Paths which were obviously cut out somewhere during the development (Nurah for Trickster, Terendelev for Aeon, Galfrey for Angel etc.).
2. Add more portraits, and non-monks this time, please.

Thank you for your time.

I got Galfrey as a companion for the final dungeon of the game in my Angel/Pally run. I don't know if it was triggered by the Mythic Path or the romance though (the NPC description implies the latter).

QkCoqfq.jpeg

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is the arena supposed to be Wrath's Undersigil? Because I can keep killing Balors for exp. I was close to a levelup anyway so took advantage of that, now to make a small detour to teach that Playful Shit a lesson..

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Dude. You think that's original. You can do that way back in the FO/BG series. FFS You can also do this in FF. LMAO

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm surprised the game turned out this buggy considering they had the engine made and everything. Did they for some reason rebuild the thing from scratch? Sure feels like a first release.

They probably spent 90% of the time to implement the useless and confusing rotating camera (can someone understand the map with the fuggin camera) and turd based mod. 10% the game proper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom