Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    So this is weird. Act 4 is supposed to have a timeskip, and it was definitely in the story, but now in act 5 I noticed the ingame date didn't timeskip actually? Anyone else noticed this? Or at least, the timeskip was not much. I started act 4 in month 1 of that year and am now in act 5 in month 3 of the year. Is this a bug, or was it maybe a result of choices in the CYOA pirate part?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    • Begone thot! Begone thot! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Kween is just THAT good at managing crusade.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I think its supposed to be
    Show Spoiler
    6 months of time skip no matter what, so sounds like a bug. Speak with some people, they should've tell you how much time passed right away.

I didn't check my time though , so I had that too maybe.

^ Top  
  4. Dishonoredbr Liturgist

Dishonoredbr
    Yo wtf is with wrong with that Locust mofo Baleful polymorph? Casted 6 Remove curse in my character and still didn't disppled. What's the DC of that shit , 100? Lmao
    At this rate my MC going to be dog forever.

• Doggy Doggy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • sheeeeiiiit sheeeeiiiit x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    The black caster girl eventually gets both cure and extra stacks skills, with the non-negligible detail that she starts with Scorching Ray, making the crusade minigame playable (not fun, mind you, but AT LEAST playable by human standards). Grab Fireball and extra power perks as soon as possible: your soldiers' only job is to kill fire-immune enemies. The stone wizard guy starts with both Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver, and gets the cure skills pretty soon, so you have literally zero excuses not to use him instead of your dumb ranger.

The only way to play this minigame is to annihilate enemies' stacks with spells, using your armies only to pick off stragglers and kill fire-immune monsters. Any other playstyle will lead to incredible amounts of suffering and time-wasting, and this will become clear to you as soon as you realize that a single click for Scorching Ray deals as much damage as 20 minutes of clicking to attack with your troops.

• Agree x 3
    • Yes x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Cast your own baleful polymorph, it will over-write the original one, and will have a much lower DC to dispell.

• Funny x 9
    • Salute x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Yes, I got all the dialogue related to it. Just noticed the ingame time isn't +6 months.

There are units that do a fuckton of damage per unit--hedge knights, and especially marksmen. Sadly you don't get them right away.

Maybe marksmen don't compete with insane aoe stack kill like the holy bomb trap, but they are definitely better than ordinary nukes.

^ Top  
  8. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Thanks, but it's not my kind of exploit, really. Becoming a genius of 4 elements simultaneously? What, like an Airbender Avatar or something? Nah.

I also avoid stacking bugged Magic Vestment. Or becoming a pot archmage.
    In Kingmaker I avoided using the Acid gloves and other items for extra bonus damage triggers.

Not that I shy away from all exploits, mind you.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. TheEntitledOne Arcane

TheEntitledOne
    In the battle minigame my ranger elf chick is doing great with minimal use of offensive spells, archers did most of the damage. Real issues were when enemy hero would one-shot my archers with magic (eventually fixed with giant stack of archers+heal). Gargoyle fights still suck ass.
    Now I'm dreading what the YazzKqwan is going to do to my precious army while I'm on forced diversity training in NuKalifornia.

^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
  12. Rusty Eyes aka Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    Is it a bug or a feature that Aeon gets far less spells than Azata? For example, only a single 7th level spells as opposed to Azata's three.

^ Top  
  13. Sunri Learned

Sunri
    After completing Wenduag story and romance she is S tier companion I think i liked her more than Lan and Aru :incline:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I don't know if this is a change added with a recent patch, but after my first general costed 600 "resource points" (or whatever), the second one now costs 6000. I'm sure I had two generals in my first playthrough, and I don't remember but I hardly believe I've paid 6000 for the second one.

^ Top  
  15. Anonymous Wife Scholar Arbiter

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I am not boomer nonsense anon anon! Am not! You are a good anon!

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Seigneur Locklear Savant

Seigneur Locklear
    >Normal difficulty
    I sleep.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    As i said hundred of choices and builds but most are negated as not viable, F5 F8 is not viable nor fun to me either.
    The hardest thing to do is to tank the absurdly overtuned npcs in this game, so do not pick a companion to do this, do it with MC , you get a lot more with your path than anyone else for a self buffing caster tank with highest AC possible . Get dance macabre for negative energy immunity , then asap enduring spell , greater enduring spells mythic feats to be perma buffed . Around level 13 get extend duration feat so even your round duration spells last forever. You will be barely hit and have excellent saves.
    Pathing is ultra shit, you will lose ton of time, ton of dps getting them in position and they wont survive . Instead have ranged damage stay behind, best dps as far i can see are zen archer with ki on auto giving extra attacks, they have good ac too by the way . Owlcat love archers , so lann and zen mercenaries or arushalee , wenduag. Have a buffer, haster, like nenio, and an healer then you are good to go.

^ Top  
  19. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    What was wrong with them? I think in my party Jubilost had them since they were available, but I don't remember him being more OP than usual.

^ Top  
  20. panda Savant

panda
    Idk, i got it instantly after lvl 3 upgrade.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    They triggered sneak attack.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    And I missed it like a moron I am... :despair:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. S.H.O.D.A.N. Educated

S.H.O.D.A.N.
    No, it's been like that since release. The third one costs 12k, the fourth - 24k. Fun if you go with anything but a Scorching Ray mage and want to correct your horrible mistake.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Does anyone have any experience with Aeon? How is it's story and implementation?

^ Top  
  25. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    People say that it involves a lot of time travel. But since you are a wizard who hates necromancy, I suggest Azata.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.