Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Druids are amazing. Is the creeping doom amazing like it was in kingmaker?

I am on level 4 magic still, just recruited the Hellmanlet. Early game Druid spell list is not that good, I mostly just gave him all the buffs like enlarge, communal protect poison/energy, bulls strength/cats grace, Freedom of Movement etc.
Leaves Daeran and Camellia free to spam summon undead. Spell is pretty broken this time, undead have no summon delays, power attack for 15ish damage so it even bypasses the 5-10 DR of early and midgame demons pretty well, and have good AB. I wonder if there is a way to make their weapons bypass DR easily?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wonder if there is a way to make their weapons bypass DR easily?
There's the mythic ability Ascendant Summons, it boosts their stats and makes them ignore all DR apart from N/-. However, mythic abilities are so valuable to casters that I find it hard to justify picking that one.

She's def less annoying than Lann, the latter is pretty whiny.
I wouldn't really describe Lann as "whiny" . In terms of general attitude he's more the annoying smartass that fails pretty bad at the "smart" part.

in fact, more often than not when he tries to come up with a funny quip or a "sleek comeback" he sounds like an inexplicably smug village idiot more than anything else.

Jackpot

Learned
Presented without comment.
lKXk7MK.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
There's the mythic ability Ascendant Summons, it boosts their stats and makes them ignore all DR apart from N/-. However, mythic abilities are so valuable to casters that I find it hard to justify picking that one.
Yeah. I'm curious on wether you can make your summons really worth it. Maybe with Ascendant Summons, Beast Tamer // Monster Tactician abilities, Aeon power and so on. But for a caster? Mythic Spell Focus + Mythic Penetration already are a huge feat tax, broseph. And you ain't gonna burn those Abilities in to feats either, since you'll need Ascendant Element and Abundant Castings, at least.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah. I'm curious on wether you can make your summons really worth it. Maybe with Ascendant Summons, Beast Tamer // Monster Tactician abilities, Aeon power and so on. But for a caster? Mythic Spell Focus + Mythic Penetration already are a huge feat tax, broseph. And you ain't gonna burn those Abilities in to feats either, since you'll need Ascendant Element and Abundant Castings, at least.

Exactly. Summons in this game are great only as meatshields. Summon monster was great in kingmaker, but in this game, due the insane bloat, a CR 13 Thanadaemon created by summon monster IX will not be that useful. You will be facing CR 30+ creatures in this game and a CR 13 summon will not last much.

On core difficulty, my created undeads with buffs was not hitting anything except underlings of underlings. Summons in this game only serves as a distraction.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Is this a bug or is the enemy's will to live something you can dispel?
1SEQsVu_d.webp

:M
Afaik this occurs because dragonkind 3 gives a large amount of con. As a result of this, you can deal more damage to the quasit than it actually has hp in quasit form. When you dispel dragonkind 3, that damage you had dealt with it doesn't go away, but the damage it had taken gets subtracted from its new HP total rather than its old one. Since the damage it had taken exceeded its HP pool by a large enough threshold, dispelling dragonkind 3 automatically killed it. I used to have this issue when playing in dragonform in kingmaker. I had to be very careful my HP was high enough before I ended the transformation, otherwise my character automatically died.

Ok, it's official: Sheela is SHIT. She started to talk trash about Ember's preaching in random camp banter :argh:Amiri's dumb ass was much better.

Mauman

Learned
Jesus Fucking Christ...

I'm not one of those Balance Tards that helped make games like PoE boring, but even I think that having Cave Fangs work with Greater enduring spell is fucking nuts.

Maybe switch it from free action to swift action so you can't cast it 100 times in a turn. That way it's still something extra a character can do every round.

Or keep it a free action and disallow it's use with enduring spells. That would still allow you to use it like 10+ times in a turn. That's 10+ reflex saves vs prone and 30+d6 damage. Mind you this in ADDITION to whatever else you do that turn.

(Incase you're unaware, Cave Fangs is a level 5, 10/minute per level duration spell with no spell resistance check that let's you hit people with stalagmites or stalagtites, with slightly different effects, as a FREE ACTION taking 10 minutes off the duration. Which is kinda insane even WITHOUT enduring spells mucking with it)

Absolute nutter spell.

Last edited:

Rafidur

Learned
Summons in this game are great only as meatshields.

There's a window where lich gets the create greater undead thingy a bit early and they can still hit things. Good damage, on top of the meatshielding. They don't stay relevant long, though.

Ok Woljif got polyformed into a dog
by fucking baphomet. What an annoying fight. Half the team out of commision and had to rely on 20's. Half the fight was Lann being chased and teleporting away
How do I dispel it? Greater Dispelling has a DC of 46, lol I can get 37 tops with Sosiel.

I guess he will be WolfYiff from now on.

Edit: Lol, even Remove Curse and Lay of Hands (against curse) still had absurd dispel DCs. Ended up using a secret spell:
toybox

Last edited:

purupuru

Learned
Jesus Fucking Christ...

I'm not one of those Balance Tards that helped make games like PoE boring, but even I think that having Cave Fangs work with Greater enduring spell is fucking nuts.

Maybe switch it from free action to swift action so you can't cast it 100 times in a turn. That way it's still something extra a character can do every round.

Or keep it a free action and disallow it's use with enduring spells. That would still allow you to use it like 10+ times in a turn. That's 10+ reflex saves vs prone and 30+d6 damage. Mind you this in ADDITION to whatever else you do that turn.

(Incase you're unaware, Cave Fangs is a level 5, 10/minute per level duration spell with no spell resistance check that let's you hit people with stalagmites or stalagtites, with slightly different effects, as a FREE ACTION taking 10 minutes off the duration. Which is kinda insane even WITHOUT enduring spells mucking with it)

Absolute nutter spell.
Even without Enduring Spells Cave Fangs can feels pretty cheesy. I fought Playful Darkness with Cam and Ember's Cave Fangs (Stalagmites), at level 14 that's 28 traps in 1 round with 3d8 (halved) damage each, and when it tries to move that's another 28d8 damage. I checked the tabletop rules and it seems like Cave Fangs was just a standard action single cast trap, so this free action madness is something Owlcat deliberately changed.
Come to think of it, they probably think the spell is fine because Kingmaker was originally rtwp only, which makes spamming free actions much less of a concern.

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
Even without Enduring Spells Cave Fangs can feels pretty cheesy. I fought Playful Darkness with Cam and Ember's Cave Fangs (Stalagmites), at level 14 that's 28 traps in 1 round with 3d8 (halved) damage each, and when it tries to move that's another 28d8 damage. I checked the tabletop rules and it seems like Cave Fangs was just a standard action single cast trap, so this free action madness is something Owlcat deliberately changed.
Come to think of it, they probably think the spell is fine because Kingmaker was originally rtwp only, which makes spamming free actions much less of a concern.

See, I find these "cast a spell and get a tiny bit of damage per round and only that" like this one (in tabletop) and call lightning to be rather useless.

If they were swift actions I would adore them and not consider them to extremely powerful, just very useful.

edit - oh yeah, there is one tiny problem with cave fangs I just noticed. Can't dismiss it and if you stack it a bunch you have the risk of accidentally chunking your own guys if you misclick. Still a powerful spell though.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
Ok Woljif got polyformed into a dog
by fucking baphomet. What an annoying fight. Half the team out of commision and had to rely on 20's. Half the fight was Lann being chased and teleporting away
How do I dispel it? Greater Dispelling has a DC of 46, lol I can get 37 tops with Sosiel.

I guess he will be WolfYiff from now on.

Edit: Lol, even Remove Curse and Lay of Hands (against curse) still had absurd dispel DCs. Ended up using a secret spell:
toybox
Someone suggested to use your own polymorf on him to overwrite old and then dispel it

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Daeran's heartfelt expression of grief when one of the main NPC's kicks the bucket.

20210925004011-1.jpg

Wait, now that I think about it why not just rezz her? At that point everyone should have at least 2-3 ways of bringing back the dead and even more to fully heal almost dead people. Why did they just let her die here?

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Daeran's heartfelt expression of grief when one of the main NPC's kicks the bucket.

20210925004011-1.jpg

Wait, now that I think about it why not just rezz her? At that point everyone should have at least 2-3 ways of bringing back the dead and even more to fully heal almost dead people. Why did they just let her die here?

If you want to go for the lore reasons, most good souls actually don't want to go back to life. After all, they're entering paradise. I quote: "You restore life to a deceased creature. You can raise a creature that has been dead for no longer than 1 day per caster level. In addition, the subject’s soul must be free and willing to return. If the subject’s soul is not willing to return, the spell does not work; therefore, a subject that wants to return receives no saving throw."

Bringing back a soul that is unwilling is just straight-up Necromancy.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

20210925004011-1.jpg

If you want to go for the lore reasons, most good souls actually don't want to go back to life. After all, they're entering paradise. I quote:
"You restore life to a deceased creature. You can raise a creature that has been dead for no longer than 1 day per caster level. In addition, the subject’s soul must be free and willing to return. If the subject’s soul is not willing to return, the spell does not work; therefore, a subject that wants to return receives no saving throw."

She would want to die in the middle of the crusade far away from her beloved wife? Also, she's alive enough to have a conversation with the party. Just cast two heals on her and send her back to battle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom