Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jackpot

Learned
Thanks a lot for turning into a longsword before dying finean you asshole, now I have to use a +2 longspear in Chapter 5 because I didn't buy a better one in Chapter 4 and none of the merchants improved their inventory in the 6 months that I was gone.
I'll enjoy turning you into a toothbrush and using you to clean my toilet during my evil run.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Thanks a lot for turning into a longsword before dying finean you asshole, now I have to use a +2 longspear in Chapter 5 because I didn't buy a better one in Chapter 4 and none of the merchants improved their inventory in the 6 months that I was gone.
I'll enjoy turning you into a toothbrush and using you to clean my toilet during my evil run.

You can stop him from dying with a diplomacy check.

Jackpot

Learned

Yeah, but letting him keep living is unjustifiable in an Aeon run.

Presented without comment.
lKXk7MK.jpg
So it's confirmed now, this game was written by Unreal, Tweed, and Jasede. Good to know.

Ember is also always barefoot, there is also one barefoot PC portrait so we can safely assume that they've taken some pointers from JarlFrank as well.

Pics pls

Sorry, I've deleted the game from my drive like an hour ago.

Having a +4 spear is enough of an justification.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

Is is fully justifiable. YOU are the judge. The other Aeons are mere advisors. Different Aeons of the same kind using different methods is completely normal. Unless you stray so far you enter a "renegade" path, they'll accept your judgements.

Oh, and a warning to all Aeon players - there IS NO RENEGADE SUB-PATH. It's just "you failed, so no powers for you." Nothing more. Yet more cut content, since I saw both "renegade" and Evil Aeon conversations in the datamines. The latter, for example, had you brainwashing the citizens of Drezen to be peaceful and non-criminal.

Werdnicus

Learned
Is is fully justifiable. YOU are the judge. The other Aeons are mere advisors. Different Aeons of the same kind using different methods is completely normal. Unless you stray so far you enter a "renegade" path, they'll accept your judgements.

Oh, and a warning to all Aeon players - there IS NO RENEGADE SUB-PATH. It's just "you failed, so no powers for you." Nothing more. Yet more cut content, since I saw both "renegade" and Evil Aeon conversations in the datamines. The latter, for example, had you brainwashing the citizens of Drezen to be peaceful and non-criminal.

Hey, uhh, your horns are showing.

What happens after you fail? Are you are forced into different mythic path or what?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I took Mythic Shield Bonus (apply shield bonus to Touch AC) but nothing changes in my character sheet.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

What happens after you fail? Are you are forced into different mythic path or what?

Nothing. You just get the Aeon path minus all time travel and some altering events.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Started Chapter 4 with my Gay Half-Ef Azata Bard after having to bench my Lich, :cry:. Was surprised that the Azata can do the Midnight Fane early and have your Free Crusaders clear alot of the fights for you beforehand, YMMV but that degree of Inter-path variability has already made me want to replay this game more times than I ever did Kingmaker.

For the Azata, is there more than one of those "Restore Nature" spots in Act 3? Maybe it's lacking in potential for action compared to the Lich but I feel like I'm missing something.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Started Chapter 4 with my Gay Half-Ef Azata Bard after having to bench my Lich, :cry:. Was surprised that the Azata can do the Midnight Fane early and have your Free Crusaders clear alot of the fights for you beforehand, YMMV but that degree of Inter-path variability has already made me want to replay this game more times than I ever did Kingmaker.

For the Azata, is there more than one of those "Restore Nature" spots in Act 3? Maybe it's lacking in potential for action compared to the Lich but I feel like I'm missing something.

I haven't yet played Azata. Do they have a lot of unique content/reactivity etc.?

ChildInTime

Learned

You get the standard ending, or you can
go Devil, or you can Ascend.
True Aeon can't do any of those things.

I haven't yet played Azata. Do they have a lot of unique content/reactivity etc.?
I think Azata has the most content of all paths, your pet dragon for example has more dialogue than some companions. You can also go
Devil on Azata path, but you have to behave like a retard and not a real Azata.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

Your gang of Free Crusaders and Artists shows up from time-to-time in Act III to take care of fights for you (like the first fight in the caves leading up to the Ivory Sanctum), might be more I haven't seen. There was also a spot in one of the wilderness maps where you could "Restore the land to Beauty" or some other flowerchild somesuch, seemed to result in Treants asking to join your army later but unsure if that's the only one. Aside from added flavor text with Arueshalae, there's also your Azatavisor, your private island of Artists and Desnans, and all of Aivu's interjections but those are givens.

Biggest thing so far was that the Azata can opt to attack the Midnight Fane at the end of Chapter III by themselves in a week rather than waiting a month for the Queen to show up. None of it's defenses are set-up and your gang of misfits clears alot of the fights for you, definite highlight. I hear more happens in Chapter IV though.

Last edited:
you just get the standard ending, you're locked out of the true aeon path

There is a standard ending? I thought everyone gets an ending on their own. And I thought the Aeon was the budget mythic path.

True Aeon can't do any of those things.

True Aeon totally can totally go devil. I'm pretty sure I was on the true Aeon route still Mefistopheles still appeared to try to get me to join. I've tested it and if I passed the diplomacy checks I could still switch paths. In fact I couldn't get to the penultimate Aeon quest without going through a forced confrontation with him. I've made total of 5 evil choices through the playthough and chose Aeon special responses whenever they were available.

Removal

Scholar
For the Azata, is there more than one of those "Restore Nature" spots in Act 3?
Pretty sure every major plot area has one that I found

There is a standard ending?
Yes, it's the non-ascension close the worldwound ending, fairly positive that by going aeon(any of the aeon options) back in chapter 1 you lock yourself out of the ascension ending totally since you give up the crystal knife when you get your first dose of mommy juice

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I missed a a lot of them then, hopefully they're still accessible in Chapter V. I've been wondering if the other paths had as many esoteric acts required for the optimal outcome like the Lich did, maybe the Azata path won't be as punitive.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
I missed a a lot of them then, hopefully they're still accessible in Chapter V. I've been wondering if the other paths had as many esoteric acts required for the optimal outcome like the Lich did, maybe the Azata path won't be as punitive.

>Play Aeon.
>Reach True Ending.
>Pharasma is judging Areelu.
>ohnoyoudon't.jpg
>Come back into existence.
>Obviously I'm guilty of existing, so I'm glowing.
>Pharasma has a fucking constellation around her.

What have you done to Aroden, you whore?

Jackpot

Learned
I genuinely think that half of the fights in this game could be taken out and the game would improve significantly.

Conan

Arcane
If the game reduces its stat bloat, trash mobs and magic weapons, making the cold iron weapons actually rare to find treating them like magic weapons, it'd be instantly a very good game.

At the moment it's geared towards autistic uberpowered builds which is silly.

To reduce trash mobs optionally allow the player to sneak psst them even on combat maps and not just world maps, giving xp for it. That way idiots who want to fight all the trash can also get their satisfaction.

Mortmal

Arcane
Have been playing for awhile now, restarted several times and what a buggy mess. Was right to not remove it from inventory. I will though, when it becomes somewhat close to a full release.
MC a kineticist on the Demon path and running with a mostly ranged party of psychotics - seriously wtf. Wenduag, Camellia, Daeran, Nenio and Ember. Each of them is severely unhinged one way or another. Nenio is a bit of a weak link, but the only source of wizard spells.
Also what is up with the Lich? Isn't a lich supposed to be STRONK? After he went some AoE in the first (which was almost fully healed by Daerans channeling) turn he did nothing of note so I just wailed on him with arrows, blasts and scorching rays. I guess the AI got confused by the skeleton mass which was keeping him occupied. Playing on core diff.
Lich as pure caster summons are lacking, the good spells are exsanguinate hunger aspect, very good but not working int he very end. Negative eruption you can spamm and win but its boring . Problem is everything is so overtuned you are really a glass canon, and lich being used as melee build is more efficient. Also crusade as lich is espeically painful. I really regreat picking it as first playthrough , very buggy and unsatisfying.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just wanted to say I'm out of this thread. You bitches are spoiling pretty much everything with little disregard. Especially Auraculum the 10th account he made this year.

Go fuck yourselves, I'm out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom