Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
In all cRPGs I have played that have an stronghold system you are presented choices via dialogue with NPCs, you pick one and something completely unpredictable happens. Wrath's system is no exception, today I witnessed a discussion about the pros and cons of different ranged units to chose one type... and some advisor had the gall to tell me slingers are easy to train.... Does anyone at Owlcat know slingers were the best ranged until in the classic world and that experienced ones were very sought after? A sling was a lot better than early bows... of course Wrath does not happen in a classical world but fantasy medieval one and the invention of composite bows and specially crossbows surpassed slings, but oh boy can't we have someone actually giving a serious thought to those "hocices" so oyu can actually think them over and try to make the right choice, rather than giving up and looking up a guide....

My friend, if you go the logical route, then characters in full plate armour and on horseback should basically be almost untouchable by standard-strength mortals.

jungl

Augur
Just another Note From Crispy's Desk:

(Spoilers about a side quest ahead)

So the graveyard set piece and its accompanying big fight is utterly retarded. You know, the one with the gay priest who likes to paint.

I can understand starting off this side quest with spawning a whole lot of zombies and zombie lords who rise from the ground around you, and I found that part of the segment rather enjoyable as it's certainly a bit of a challenge to handle that many non-CC-able undead at once. I managed to get through it but shortly realized you're not allowed to rest in this area at all (and, by the way, if you think you're clever by just leaving to walk the hour back to your camp in order to have a full rest, even though you know you've cleared out everything except the final encounter in the graveyard figuring that necromancer asshole is holed up there and isn't going anywhere, you're not. Just leaving FAILS the quest and you can't even re-visit the graveyard if you do leave early. So it's a do-it-all-in-one-shot deal or fuck you. Well, fuck you too, Owlcat)

But here's the really retarded part: if you pass the Athletics checks to climb up the two ladders to get the drop on the group of shitheads who raised all those undead, as soon as you're within the encounter trigger range, the stupid gay cleric runs down the ramp into the courtyard of the ruined church all by himself and proceeds to have about ten zombie lords instantly surround him (he dies every time unless you know how to work a miracle) while you're busy dealing with the necromancer and his elite undead archers yourself. And, get this, if the cleric indeed does die due to his own stupidity, no matter! He miraculously resurrects himself ALONG WITH THE NOW-DEAD NECROMANCER (whom I killed) to start slapping him around. Make your choice of evil or good outcome, yadda yadda yadda, get teleported back to the graveyard entrance, the townsfolk say they're going to clean the graveyard up now but hmmmmmm all those zombie and zombie lord corpses are still lying there as well as all the open graves, oh well.

I know this is just a side quest, but it's stupid shit like this that can really dampen the enthusiasm one might start gaining while playing a game like this.

If you think that is bad just wait. The bugs and dumb design is worse then kingmaker.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Should we consider the fact that she is the only straight option for male characters a part of said social experiment?
Well, if you look at all three romancable female party members - Wenduag, Camellia and Arushae... Two murdering cannibals and one murdering cannibal on the thorny way to redemption.

Here I am not even sure where social experiment ends and sheer trolling starts.

Aru is a poor man fall-from-grace.
While Camelia like the
sadist aasimar in the abyss
is just some "agenda" I am afraid. Rich/beautiful people bad, ogress/orc Irabeth (who also comes for a poor background) good (and poziel... he has even the good domain *wink wink*), I don't think there is any sophisticated meaning beside this.

Irabeth doesn't come from a "poor background", you dolt. Her parents are knights. She's literal nobility.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just another Note From Crispy's Desk:

(Spoilers about a side quest ahead)

So the graveyard set piece and its accompanying big fight is utterly retarded. You know, the one with the gay priest who likes to paint.

I can understand starting off this side quest with spawning a whole lot of zombies and zombie lords who rise from the ground around you, and I found that part of the segment rather enjoyable as it's certainly a bit of a challenge to handle that many non-CC-able undead at once. I managed to get through it but shortly realized you're not allowed to rest in this area at all (and, by the way, if you think you're clever by just leaving to walk the hour back to your camp in order to have a full rest, even though you know you've cleared out everything except the final encounter in the graveyard figuring that necromancer asshole is holed up there and isn't going anywhere, you're not. Just leaving FAILS the quest and you can't even re-visit the graveyard if you do leave early. So it's a do-it-all-in-one-shot deal or fuck you. Well, fuck you too, Owlcat)

But here's the really retarded part: if you pass the Athletics checks to climb up the two ladders to get the drop on the group of shitheads who raised all those undead, as soon as you're within the encounter trigger range, the stupid gay cleric runs down the ramp into the courtyard of the ruined church all by himself and proceeds to have about ten zombie lords instantly surround him (he dies every time unless you know how to work a miracle) while you're busy dealing with the necromancer and his elite undead archers yourself. And, get this, if the cleric indeed does die due to his own stupidity, no matter! He miraculously resurrects himself ALONG WITH THE NOW-DEAD NECROMANCER (whom I killed) to start slapping him around. Make your choice of evil or good outcome, yadda yadda yadda, get teleported back to the graveyard entrance, the townsfolk say they're going to clean the graveyard up now but hmmmmmm all those zombie and zombie lord corpses are still lying there as well as all the open graves, oh well.

I know this is just a side quest, but it's stupid shit like this that can really dampen the enthusiasm one might start gaining while playing a game like this.
Congratulation for doing that. I nearly croaked on semi-ironman attempt on core difficulty.

The cleric fell down unconscious, and they started murdering my characters from range, so instead of me raining arrows down at them, spider lady was uncouncious, most of my party was uncouncious, and only Lepopard and one party member (not main) were moving down killing theirs opponents... slowly.

Also I skipped cutscene by an accident, thus I wondered why is he in the middle of these.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Should we consider the fact that she is the only straight option for male characters a part of said social experiment?
Well, if you look at all three romancable female party members - Wenduag, Camellia and Arushae... Two murdering cannibals and one murdering cannibal on the thorny way to redemption.

While Camelia like the
is just some "agenda" I am afraid. Rich/beautiful people bad, ogress/orc Irabeth (who also comes for a poor background) good (and poziel... he has even the good domain *wink wink*), I don't think there is any sophisticated meaning beside this.

Irabeth doesn't come from a "poor background", you dolt. Her parents are knights. She's literal nobility.

Does it sound like a nobility to you?
uzdhwAi.png

0kEjwYw.png

You really need to improve your own reading comprehension before dragging yourself into discussions like this.

Ulysa

Scholar
Guys is the game playable now regarding bugs? I've been waiting and I think they updated it a bit, but I wanted your opinion. I really don't care about not game-breaking bugs, min/maxing or details, but well I wonder if should keep waiting.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I had hilarious situation with Irabeth during the Drezen siege:
Now I understand what was the reason that they were absent in my playthrough but present in my wife's playthrough, for that battle.

Boo-hoo, I made a baddie decision and the game punished me :lol:

I should say that I continued to shit on Irabeth after she tried to apologize for the breakdown.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Guys is the game playable now regarding bugs? I've been waiting and I think they updated it a bit, but I wanted your opinion. I really don't care about not game-breaking bugs, min/maxing or details, but well I wonder if should keep waiting.

It's playable. There was only one (minor) quest in my playthrough that I couldn't complete due to a bug.

Yosharian

Arcane
Half the fucking archetypes don't work properly and a good chunk of the items don't either.

Let this one cook in the oven for at least 6 months for a much better experience is my suggestion, but I guess if you all you care about is completing the game you're probably alright

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

While Camelia like the

Does it sound like a nobility to you?
uzdhwAi.png

0kEjwYw.png

You really need to improve your own reading comprehension before dragging yourself into discussions like this.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlachta_zaściankowa
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gołota

To those not reading Polish - Both are terms for members of nobility who had next to nothing outside of a title, and often were as poor as the peasantry. In the case of "gołota" they didn't even HAVE a title to their name.

Moron. Thinking that "knight = rich" is some anime-tier thinking.

Daidre

Arcane
To those not reading Polish - Both are terms for members of nobility who had next to nothing outside of a title, and often were as poor as the peasantry. In the case of "gołota" they didn't even HAVE a title to their name.
Oh, I get it. Special potato Nobility. Without land, money, title and bloodline.

PS Not that I mind of course. You should see things and people my Azata is generously knighting left and right in my current run.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Thank god the biggest discovery I made during my failed Lich run were the proper choices needed to live up to Zacharius' expectations, all that work for the failed-payoff is unacceptable. Will doing a proper Lich run after I'm done with Demon.

Also, dis fight where you become true lich:
Take a closer look around the lower floors of your Ziggurat after Zacharius is dealt with.
I first killed him but got the broken phylactery. Then I did the fight again and bowed to him and he gave it to me unbroken.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Thank god the biggest discovery I made during my failed Lich run were the proper choices needed to live up to Zacharius' expectations, all that work for the failed-payoff is unacceptable. Will doing a proper Lich run after I'm done with Demon.

Also, dis fight where you become true lich:
Take a closer look around the lower floors of your Ziggurat after Zacharius is dealt with.
I first killed him but got the broken phylactery. Then I did the fight again and bowed to him and he gave it to me unbroken.
If you perform to his esoteric expectations on a number of choices during the Lich questline, you can convince him to hand it over without debasing yourself and have him recognize you as an equal.

Though offing him after he breaks it does get you another nice little ending to wrap-up the Lich questline.
You'll have to go looking for it in the lower floor of the Ziggurat though.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, I get it. Special potato Nobility. Without land, money, title and bloodline.
Think Martin's hedge knights, if you are into ASoIaF. They were knighted at some point, and had a set of armour, a horse, a shield, and a sword. It was enough to be different from mercenaries, but not enough to have anything else.

Now, a hedge knight commanding a crusade... that has some implications.

Stoned Ape

Savant

This knight started with pretty much nothing and ended up being probably the greatest of his generation.

https://www.gethistory.co.uk/histor...william-marshal-the-story-of-a-remarkable-man

The things he achieved during his life are simply incredible; he almost got himself launched out of a catapult towards the castle his father was defending when he was 5 years old, was a hostage through most of his youth, then a landless Knight Errant who eventually became the champion of melee tournaments, went on crusade, was the swordsmanship instructor to the king, fought in civil wars, and was still leading the charge when he was 70 years old.

Daidre

Arcane
Think Martin's hedge knights, if you are into ASoIaF. They were knighted at some point, and had a set of armour, a horse, a shield, and a sword. It was enough to be different from mercenaries, but not enough to have anything else.

Yes, I was thinking about hedge knights too, but thing is, Irabeth was neither Noble nor Knight by Mendivian standards before Queen knighted her, as she describes in this piece:
CZcTYTW.png
And she calls her parents Crusaders, not Knights here. And whether she is considered Noble after Galfrey promoted her is another question altogether.
Not that it matters - no chance in the world that this dumb green thing will ever reproduce to proceed her bloodline, I mean, not after all the money and effort she spent to castrate her husband.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And she calls her parents Crusaders, not Knights here. And whether she is considered Noble after Galfrey promoted her is another question altogether.
While I agree with the rest, this thing is clear both in fiction and in real life: if someone who is considered the sovereign of a local territory knights someone - that someone becomes a knight. Martin has those rules stretched much more, but I think the person who is considered the queen - no matter how dumb it is - can make a knight out of anybody.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Witch is starting to look really good as a one level dip. 2AC from iceplant ability to cast mage armour 1AC lizard familiar but you miss out on the AB.

I think it might be worth it though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Final Veil area, I got all the parts, I put them as it should go, last one left. It is right one but when I click on the hand it finds no pieces to place... fuck this buggy game!

Daidre

Arcane
I think the person who is considered the queen - no matter how dumb it is - can make a knight out of anybody.
Well, half of the joke in Azata's rabid knightings is the fact that local Knight Commander, directly appointed by the queen, is quite capable to do it for real, with 100% legitimacy. But instead of rewarding select few with this great honor she just... hyperinflates it, for lulz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom