Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

proxon

Educated
Just finshed my trickster run on hard mode. As a combatfag i was mostly entartained throughout the game. Fights became repetitive in the second half, strategy for 80% of fights was buff up, cast selective sirroco than butcher everything with mc and Woljif, it was still good fun except for couple of bullshit encounters like Nocticula and some demon that was guarding last dungeon. He was spamming ascended and empowered chain lightnings for 450 damage, had to summon bunch of mobs so he wastes his spells, and still had to kite that fucker to down him eventually.

Some good trickster stuff: mostly fun trickster specific dialogues, overpowered arcana and perception tricks. Was getting some crazy items from regular +5 weapons. Perception was good because of extra feats, dont think i found any extra items because of it.

Some bad trickster stuff: bunch of tricks didnt work, ive read that athletic was removing your buffs, i picked two ranks of nature and didnt get anything i think, worst thing is summoning spells, those wild hunt mofos were killers in Kingmaker, here they just stand doing nothing and get twoshotted.

Some general tips: for melee for first mythic level get rupture restraints, i fucked myself over and got it at rank nine but it is the best mythic feat hands down. For casters, selective sirroco is number one, i had Areelu on her ass with this, three seconds after the fight started, other decent spells are ice prison and wierd, rest is meh.

Endgame pic

cw8

Cipher
Bahopmet made me LOL. His reply is epic.

nenio.jpg

Regarding this fight
I've fought Baphomet 3 times, reloading to see the benefits of Noticula's profane gift. In all 3 fights, he always targets and polymorphs Nenio into an animal. Not sure if this dialogue is the cause of it heh. She's already an animal, but Baph probably wants to see her on fours and helpless.

ArchAngel

Arcane

nenio.jpg

Regarding this fight
I've fought Baphomet 3 times, reloading to see the benefits of Noticula's profane gift. In all 3 fights, he always targets and polymorphs Nenio into an animal. Not sure if this dialogue is the cause of it heh. She's already an animal, but Baph probably wants to see her on fours and helpless.
He did that to my Lich. I guess his AI says to do that to your party wizard. And DC is so high you got little chance to resist it. Also I took a lot of Remove Curse attempts later to remove that :(

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

nenio.jpg

Regarding this fight
He did that to my Lich. I guess his AI says to do that to your party wizard. And DC is so high you got little chance to resist it. Also I took a lot of Remove Curse attempts later to remove that :(

You can Baleful Polymorph the already polymorphed character. That lowers the Dispel DC considerably, otherwise my main char would have finished the game like this:

Y5ma25t.jpg

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Magic Nullification also works with getting rid of any... unwanted attention. The downside to it is that it also takes off any and all positive buffs. And that you have to remember to turn it off to get positive buffs in the future.

volklore

Arcane
Pathetic Quasit Was a pretty cool fight although probably not possible to beat first time encountered. Second time around though, death ward, communal true seeing, dispell magic and quicken rod, he got to cast once the entire fight !

ArchAngel

Arcane
Laughing Caves.. wtf?!
Also why are all the undead in my party being affected by rage, fear, negative levels, daze and some other effects?!?! WTF is this shit?!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Laughing Caves.. wtf?!
Also why are all the undead in my party being affected by rage, fear, negative levels, daze and some other effects?!?! WTF is this shit?!
Congrats, you found the game's real boss.
Really, spoiler ahead
you'll meet his big brother later on as well :lol:
Anyway, Vavakia Vanguard spams some sort of swift action dazzling display then insta fears everyone that's shaken. No save, bypasses immunity.
I took Lich and mostly undead party so I don't need to have a black paladin that is immune to fear and give that immunity to everyone around... now my undead are running around like crazy...

Longes

Augur
Laughing Caves.. wtf?!
Really, spoiler ahead
Anyway, Vavakia Vanguard spams some sort of swift action dazzling display then insta fears everyone that's shaken. No save, bypasses immunity.
I took Lich and mostly undead party so I don't need to have a black paladin that is immune to fear and give that immunity to everyone around... now my undead are running around like crazy...
Good news, these fucking Vavakias bypass Greater Aura of Courage too. They can't affect the paladin, but if you extend her aura with a spell - they get through that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Laughing Caves.. wtf?!
Really, spoiler ahead
Good news, these fucking Vavakias bypass Greater Aura of Courage too. They can't affect the paladin, but if you extend her aura with a spell - they get through that.
That is fucking bullshit. But it is more bullshit that undead are not immune to half the things they should be, including negative levels and ability damage/drain... by the time they fix this shit I am probably going to be done with my Lich play. Maybe in some far future I can do some death knight Lich, maybe even on horseback as one of the Lich abilities is to make your animal companion undead.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fuck you Laughing Caves, beaten by lvl 1 spell Remove Fear LOL
Only guy dealing real damage was the invisible assassin demon but he also got feared by same fear aura lol

Stoned Ape

Savant
So is the game playable by now or should I wait for some kind of 1.1 patch?

The game generally seems pretty stable ATM.

Had one series of weird freezes during combat a couple of patches back, but that got hotfixed quickly.

Apart from that, it depends on what sort of character/mythic path you go for- you could have a pretty seamless experience or you could be missing some class/mythic features.

I think Trickster, Azata, and Lich are the ones with the most broken stuff between them. I've not really heard anything much about angel or demon, and Aeon seemed to work fine to me when I played it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
maybe even on horseback as one of the Lich abilities is to make your animal companion undead.
Yeah, about that... It will make your companion's HP scale with CHA, meaning, your horse will have about 2 HP lmao.
I forgot about that. They get bonus Cha by being next to you. Also you can level up Cha every 4 levels. Also you can give the horse Cha +6 headband.

I forgot about that. They get bonus Cha by being next to you. Also you can level up Cha every 4 levels. Also you can give the horse Cha +6 headband.
The point is, it's still a pretty shitty investment considering the fact you can basically not burn a mythic feat and make your companion into an undead-like creature with a simple spell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom