Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally, beat this, damn the final map was garbage. Seems like Owlcat is contractually obligated to make you hate the endgame.

It is really downhill after starrt of act 5. They seem to gave up after maintaining game 4 acts.

Sosiel refused to fight in my party.

He's probably still painting.
Same thing happened to me but in my case Regill went rogue and died after killing one demon (I think it is something to do with number of characters you can control or something).

What I found most irritating is how all NPCs are completely useless, unlike enemy AI they got none. They get no precast buffs, not multiple spells per turn and 0 sense. The powerful necro chick I allied with casts like two spells and then tries to use her Scythe without buffs.. and the priest of Abadar dude just plinks away with his crossbow with his +13 attack lol.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
76 is the max you can get, not the max for every cr 4 creatures, then have a look at the amount of damage an avenger paladin with smite will do... Have a look at the system and book before insulting people combat last only a few rounds . last time i answer , you and Meredoth are completely dishonest about it.
MOTHERFUCKER is your fucking keyboard broken?

How the fuck do you just space before and after a period, and the same for commas? Is your autism trying to fix fanta's lack of spaces?

You trigger me so much with those fucking cuck tiny quirks of yours, but then you start talking numbers. LOL

Also, in English we capitalize the I, motherfucker. Are your fingers broken?
He's a frog. I think.

proxon

Educated
OK I finally finished the game on core difficulty with a Lich. I've done whole Threshold and what happens after with only one rest. The last battle was crazy and overdone.
Areelu has like 5000 HP with all the automatic heals and then that shit with 3 copies where each has 70 armor, wtf is that. . In the end I could not kill a single of the copies, and all my characters died except the Lich in the battle vs those 3 lol. I suppose you are meant to kill all 3 copies before Areelu dies so you don't need to sacrifice yourself but they overdid the battle. I don't remember any previous BG like game with such crazy overdid last battle.
Luckily Lich can sacrifice his thingy with part of his soul so he gets the "good" end.
Had a similiar expirience on hard, i had to kite that Treshhold guardian all over map. Areelu was knocked out by empowered sirroco and was a pushover. She didnt even cast those copies. I'm on a lich run now and i'm using turn based much more. I finally see all those charge bugs everyone is talking about, vodka coding stronk. As a melee trickster i turned turn based once or twice, buffs and charge we're enough most of the time.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I really hate some aspects of the story/setting. I'm gonna start calling it... "Dragon Age 2 Syndrome", or maybe... "Kirkwall Asylum Syndrome"...?
Anyway, "Cockwall Asylum Syndrome" is when the world presented to you has so many cultists, blood mages, lunatics, et cetera, that it violates the suspension of disbelief. No civilization could function with this amount of insane people.
When I think of demonic cults I think about rather niche activity for truly depraved individuals. In WotR Baphomet cults is something... disgruntled construction workers join.

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK I finally finished the game on core difficulty with a Lich. I've done whole Threshold and what happens after with only one rest. The last battle was crazy and overdone.
Areelu has like 5000 HP with all the automatic heals and then that shit with 3 copies where each has 70 armor, wtf is that. . In the end I could not kill a single of the copies, and all my characters died except the Lich in the battle vs those 3 lol. I suppose you are meant to kill all 3 copies before Areelu dies so you don't need to sacrifice yourself but they overdid the battle. I don't remember any previous BG like game with such crazy overdid last battle.
Luckily Lich can sacrifice his thingy with part of his soul so he gets the "good" end.
Had a similiar expirience on hard, i had to kite that Treshhold guardian all over map. Areelu was knocked out by empowered sirroco and was a pushover. She didnt even cast those copies. I'm on a lich run now and i'm using turn based much more. I finally see all those charge bugs everyone is talking about, vodka coding stronk. As a melee trickster i turned turn based once or twice, buffs and charge we're enough most of the time.
Copy things happen after you beat her the first time when she heals herself like 5 times 800+ life every time. You talk to her and if you choose to not be part of her plan or something she decides to screw you by killing herself. She spawns copies that are harder than her first form and then she does damage to herself every turn. She needs about 10 turns to die. I suppose you are supposed to kill the 3 copies in that time but good luck doing that, I think you need some really broken builds for that

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Damn, my Regill after last level up (and multiclassing to Freebooter Ranger), seems to have lost his Finesse Training Dex to damage.
And just after his damage finally became nice with that Axiomatic Hook Hammer.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Considering the war and chaos scenario, the fact that the Wound would gather all Golarion cultists, I do not find it hard to believe the amount of cultists present.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Any way to enforce skill checks to only consider main character stats?

ltpGCb1.jpg

Longes

Augur
Considering the war and chaos scenario, the fact that the Wound would gather all Golarion cultists, I do not find it hard to believe the amount of cultists present.
There are too many for me to believe that on the FIFTH crusade there can be this many organically-supplied cultists. So I choose to believe that the majority of these cultists are either the Abyss natives, or Evil mercenaries flying their employer's colors.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
There are too many for me to believe that on the FIFTH crusade there can be this many organically-supplied cultists. So I choose to believe that the majority of these cultists are either the Abyss natives, or Evil mercenaries flying their employer's colors.

Well, fifth crusade where the four before were failures... some peasants/locals just switched sides out desperation and to stay alive, and if you are Baphomet cultist living in the River Kingdom you would certainly move to the Wound trying to get closer to your deity.
I find it harder to be believe that there are so many non-cultists/crusaders after 100 years of defeats tbh.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I just finished Drezen's retake as Kinecist Azata and man.. That was easy. I can't believe. Stauton Vhane fight was SO easy that the encounter before it was harder. And the rest was easy too.

I thouhgt Kinecist would have hard time early but actually you just throw Stone at bitches heads , trip them and watch those attack of opportunity go up.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Kineticist seems amazing in early game but I wonder how he becomes in late game. I mean, does kineticist gets powerful abilities to compete with ridiculous bloated enemies?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So for my next run I was thinking playing He-Man. Mad Dog Barbarian, NG going Angel Path?
I was thinking Beast Totem so I can get Pounce and Smilodon as pet. RTwP this time so I can use charge a lot and not fail all the time.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Nice, simple and effective.
Make sure to get Spirited Charge to double your damage on a charge.

Mounted Mastery from Order of the Sword cavalier could be nice to add Mount Str to damage. However that's a little expensive, as it needs 8 Cavalier levels.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Mounted Mastery from Order of the Sword cavalier could be nice to add Mount Str to damage. However that's a little expensive, as it needs 8 Cavalier levels.
Spirited Charge wastes a lot of feats I don't need. I would rather fight alongside the smilodon so we can both charge and get full attacks. Besides He-Man rarely fights mounted.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean, does kineticist gets powerful abilities to compete with ridiculous bloated enemies?
Deadly Earth?

However, because I need to keep up with my nickname, I made my hero a Psychokineticist, and an Electric one to boot. So far it is not a cakewalk, but I'm OK with that.

And obligatory anti-Erius Monk dip helps.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Spirited Charge wastes a lot of feats I don't need. I would rather fight alongside the smilodon so we can both charge and get full attacks. Besides He-Man rarely fights mounted.

Well, you both can get full attacks on mounted charge with Pounce. And Spirited Charge doubles damage (even crits).
I guess its nice to get it from Sohei as bonus feat without pre-requisites.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
By far my favorite bugs are the one's that cause decorative-NPC's to die unintentionally. My Lich's Eyes of the Bodak caused every citzen he came across in Alushinyrra to drop dead from being de-leveled to death, and the piercing rays of my Angel's halo made Suture implode between-dialogues in the final dungeon.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Kineticist seems amazing in early game but I wonder how he becomes in late game. I mean, does kineticist gets powerful abilities to compete with ridiculous bloated enemies?

After you get to level 13 , you get Wall and Deadly Earth. With those two you just start the fight or before the fight start uses Deadly Earth w/Bowling and Wall/Pushing. Get Trip , Greater Trip , Mythic Trip (and if you want Bullrush and Great bullrush) , put your best tanks behind the Walls.

If the enemies don't trip on your Deadly earth , they're push back by your Wall and your tank stand there to make sure they don't pass so your Wall can push them back into the Deadly earth while you use Composite blasts with Zizap magic to hit multiples targets at once.
And if you want increases the chance of trip , at mythic rank 4/6 pick Lifebond friendship , pick Tandem Trip with Animal companions and on your character, you roll twice and get the best result.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
By far my favorite bugs are the one's that cause decorative-NPC's to die unintentionally. My Lich's Eyes of the Bodak caused every citzen he came across in Alushinyrra to drop dead from being de-leveled to death, and the piercing rays of my Angel's halo made Suture implode between-dialogues in the final dungeon.
The most surreal scene in my current playthrough happened when Queen Galfrey decided to summon the entire council in a small room where 8 separate instances of Blade Barrier were still active from the encounter I just finished. Nobody dared to go against the queen's will and, as a result, EVERYONE DIED AND I HAD TO RESURRECT ALL OF THOSE DUMBFUCKS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom