Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
Kineticist seems amazing in early game but I wonder how he becomes in late game. I mean, does kineticist gets powerful abilities to compete with ridiculous bloated enemies?
Come to think of it I met like 3 total alchemist enemies and 2 kinetics, all of them at midnight isles.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
In chap V Hal will help you to fight a Balor in Drezen using a fucking breath spell that instally killed Nenio+Ember and did nothing to the aforementioned and is unresistable AND unavoidable since the Balor is in a small space left to a stair where Hal is.
Then proceed to go melee against it, get like 140 dmg without doing any and proceed to run away.
Had to reload like 7/8 times to survive the fight.

Spirit of gold dragon.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Come to think of it I met like 3 total alchemist enemies and 2 kinetics, all of them at midnight isles.

I saw one Kinecists on the abyss and that bitch was invisible and straight up one-shot anything on my team with a 200+ damage rock. And that one alchemist that you fight multiple times, can throw like 10 bombs a turn.

Owlcat probably didn't add more Kinecists or Alchemist because those are straight up crazy strong.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
In chap V Hal will help you to fight a Balor in Drezen using a fucking breath spell that instally killed Nenio+Ember and did nothing to the aforementioned and is unresistable AND unavoidable since the Balor is in a small space left to a stair where Hal is.
Then proceed to go melee against it, get like 140 dmg without doing any and proceed to run away.

Spirit of gold dragon.
Precisely why he needs to be put to death in Act III for aiding and abetting cultists.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Spirit of gold dragon.
Precisely why he needs to be put to death in Act III for aiding and abetting cultists.

Out of desperation I even considered killing him right there since you have an [attack] in the dialogue options before engaging the Balor, but I wanted to keep open the mythic path.

purupuru

Learned

Spirit of gold dragon.
Yeah he did that to my Ember as well. On my next try I send only my PC ahead to try to lure the Balor to Hal first, but strangely this time Hal just refused to fight even though my PC and the Balor was running circles around him.
Haven't been trolled this hard by an NPC since Myrth in Arcanum.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah he did that to my Ember as well. On my next try I send only my PC ahead to try to lure the Balor to Hal first, but strangely this time Hal just refused to fight even though my PC and the Balor was running circles around him.

Yeah the hilarious part is that if you try to send only 1 party member, Hal won't do shit. And you can't lure the Balor outside of the place he is because after you retreat he goes back. I had to send whole party then when I saw the question mark popping on Hal immediatly rush away so he could use the goddamn breath spell, it required some retry to manage it.

volklore

Arcane

Yeah the hilarious part is that if you try to send only 1 party member, Hal won't do shit. And you can't lure the Balor outside of the place he is because after you retreat he goes back. I had to send whole party then when I saw the question mark popping on Hal immediatly rush away so he could use the goddamn breath spell, it required some retry to manage it.
Hal didn't join the fight at all for me.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Spirit of gold dragon.
At least you got some ally. I had an Undead Dragon guarding my Zigurat that did nothing in the game. Fucking blue balling devs...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh damn I just found out I missed another undead companion - Queen herself. And she becomes a Thundercaller bard :(
I had to kill her in Iz when I met her but I missed that opportunity as I wanted to do that in city in front of everyone..

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Spirit of gold dragon.
At least you got some ally. I had an Undead Dragon guarding my Zigurat that did nothing in the game. Fucking blue balling devs...

You don't find Hal in Drezen if you are a lich? Is the golden dragon path blocked?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Either the achievement has some other ambiguous not stated criteria, or Sadistic Game Design is currently bugged.
unknown.png

Considering I autistically tracked every time I rested (and I met all of the other criteria, obviously), I know I should have obtained that. I rested a total of 50 times throughout the entire campaign, so I was well under the limit of 75.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice, simple and effective.
Make sure to get Spirited Charge to double your damage on a charge.

Mounted Mastery from Order of the Sword cavalier could be nice to add Mount Str to damage. However that's a little expensive, as it needs 8 Cavalier levels.
Spirited Charge wastes a lot of feats I don't need. I would rather fight alongside the smilodon so we can both charge and get full attacks. Besides He-Man rarely fights mounted.

Spirited charge is amazing, especially with pounce and smilodon. Just go Azata and mount Aivu if you don't want to mount your own pet.
There are halfling barbarians and mimics in your army, one of them can apply for Orko

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nice, simple and effective.
Make sure to get Spirited Charge to double your damage on a charge.

Mounted Mastery from Order of the Sword cavalier could be nice to add Mount Str to damage. However that's a little expensive, as it needs 8 Cavalier levels.
Spirited Charge wastes a lot of feats I don't need. I would rather fight alongside the smilodon so we can both charge and get full attacks. Besides He-Man rarely fights mounted.

Spirited charge is amazing, especially with pounce and smilodon. Just go Azata and mount Aivu if you don't want to mount your own pet.
There are halfling barbarians and mimics in your army, one of them can apply for Orko
He-Man being a frolicking elvish Azata LoL. I can already see him/her/zir pausing his flamboyant allsexual parties to go save the world. He also regularly slaps demons for not using correct pronouns.
And he already has Orko, he is disguised as Ember.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
f the enemies don't trip on your Deadly earth , they're push back by your Wall and your tank stand there to make sure they don't pass so your Wall can push them back into the Deadly earth while you use Composite blasts with Zizap magic to hit multiples targets at once.
And if you want increases the chance of trip , at mythic rank 4/6 pick Lifebond friendship , pick Tandem Trip with Animal companions and on your character, you roll twice and get the best result.

Amazing, so Azata magical stuff works with Kinetic blasts.

Is the golden dragon path blocked?

I believe that evil mythic paths block the access to unlock the dragon path(not sure)

Pathfinder isn't even in the same league.

Yep. BG3 is in the game journalists league and Pathfinder is in the true RPG league.

Even in BG3 thread, people talk more about Pathfinder than BG3.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Either the achievement has some other ambiguous not stated criteria, or Sadistic Game Design is currently bugged.
unknown.png

78.3 Got through first dungeon.
60.6 Was so great they solved the puzzle, and got Radiance. (Dunno how many used walktrough or streamers.)
56.4 Survived first city.
40.5 Managed to get through Drezen.
28.5 Reloaded enough times to get timing with column right.
16.6 Unlocked all unlockable mythic paths before choosing.

8.2 Finished whole story.
8.1 Got the toad.
7.2 Decided to finish the game on difficulty level Asian and choose demon.
5.6 Were decent on strategy map and got army management ranks to 5.
4.4 Only few people wanted to be a dragon.
3.5 Defeated Khorramzadeh's army on Strategy map. (Was that that weak army? Or that was just a appetizer?)
3.3 Saved cart of booze, and actor troupe.
0.9 Went with Swarm.

And then we have people who were rounded down to nearest 1/10 of percent, and they are represented as 0.0 percent. Hey, I Know You! is hard on blind ironman. (Random dice roll can screw that easily.)

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
unknown.png

Considering I autistically tracked every time I rested (and I met all of the other criteria, obviously), I know I should have obtained that. I rested a total of 50 times throughout the entire campaign, so I was well under the limit of 75.
It’s okay, you know deep down you did it, you don’t need a silly steam menu to tell you otherwise.:lol:

Sharpedge

Prophet
unknown.png

It’s okay, you know deep down you did it, you don’t need a silly steam menu to tell you otherwise.:lol:
Yes, its still annoying.

The run almost got ended right in the final boss fight. I seriously underestimated
Areelu Vorlesh
considering this was the first time I fought that character since they buffed her. She is no longer a pushover and nearly murdered me. The AI however, does still leave a lot to be desired and does frequently save me from having to cast dispels.
unknown.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lol, spirited charge + mounted mastery + mythic power attack and my charge damage went from 40 to 80 in one level, with crits doing 240 (longspear).

now how to work pounce in there, unless there are items the only source I know of is Barb rage powers

A skald can help you with that, I believe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom