Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Aarwolf

Learned
"Sosiel will no longer interrupt leisure activities of Commander and Lann;"

umm, I don't even.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Am I really going to lose Seelah permanently when I go full lich?

This is really going to hit me hard because I'm playing with the option for only my active party members to receive experience points and haven't built up anyone else even close to resembling a tank.

It might hurt so bad to lose her that now I'm second-guessing going lich at all.

Please advise, and please do so without specific spoilers -- and by tagging me (I avoid this thread in general so as to not spoil myself).

Thanks from Ye Olde Man.
I mean just use Toy Box to mod the XP of one of the other party members and then use them instead.

A bit cheaty but better than just abandoning the run.
To be fair that’s actually bad cheating because your main guy was benefiting from more EXP than normal, so to make it fair you would to take a level or 2 from him and other companions you decided to keep. Fairs fair+M

ArchAngel

Arcane
No Lich/undead fixes I see.. well except undead should no longer be blinded by critical strikes but they are still by Sunburst lol. And feared by who knows what and can also be staggered lol.
Hopefully they fix all that shit by the time I decide to do my 2nd Lich run as Death Knight.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
No Lich/undead fixes I see.. well except undead should no longer be blinded by critical strikes but they are still by Sunburst lol. And feared by who knows what and can also be staggered lol.
Hopefully they fix all that shit by the time I decide to do my 2nd Lich run as Death Knight.

Not sure how undeath and negative energy work in PF exactly but I could see arguments being made for spells like Sunburst blinding undead at least.

Fairly certain the issue with missing immunities on undead and outsiders wasn't happening in Kingmaker, too

Stoned Ape

Savant
Am I really going to lose Seelah permanently when I go full lich?

This is really going to hit me hard because I'm playing with the option for only my active party members to receive experience points and haven't built up anyone else even close to resembling a tank.

It might hurt so bad to lose her that now I'm second-guessing going lich at all.

Please advise, and please do so without specific spoilers -- and by tagging me (I avoid this thread in general so as to not spoil myself).

Thanks from Ye Olde Man.
I mean just use Toy Box to mod the XP of one of the other party members and then use them instead.

A bit cheaty but better than just abandoning the run.
To be fair that’s actually bad cheating because your main guy was benefiting from more EXP than normal, so to make it fair you would to take a level or 2 from him and other companions you decided to keep. Fairs fair+M

TBH, it's pretty trivial to reach 20th level. I regularly get there about 1/3 of the way through Chapter 5.

If he levels up his non-used characters around that point I don't think he's gaining anything.

Also, if he's been using a full 6 character party with only party gaining xp, then he's not gained anything over regular xp splitting. It only works out as a boost if you have a 5 or less characters, and only works as a substantial boost if there are four or fewer characters to slip the xp.

Mortmal

Arcane
They are already started the nerfing to gather to players like Mortmal, :decline:

You are certainly giving me a lot of work, but here i am stlll patiently reading all your posts. The hardest part is either to rate it retarded, cuck or shit, choices choices...

JkXVMau.png

ArchAngel

Arcane

Not sure how undeath and negative energy work in PF exactly but I could see arguments being made for spells like Sunburst blinding undead at least.

Fairly certain the issue with missing immunities on undead and outsiders wasn't happening in Kingmaker, too
SunBurst does more damage to Undead, that is enough. If one wants special effects to work on Undead (like fear) there is Turn Undead for that purpose that does nothing for living. Undead are a special case in D&D for a reason.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why shouldn't undead get blinded by Sunburst? They aren't immune to the "blinded" condition in Pathfinder/D&D 3.x. They are immune to effects that require a Fortitude ST (so they can't be affected by Blindness/Deafness), but they can still be affected by anything else (stuff like Sunburst and Glitterdust).

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems Owlcat Games is the only game studio which actually learns from its mistakes. With their (non-existing) QA process such an enormous patch could not have gone without game breaking and save corruption bugs, so they placed it into the beta branch. Amazing how the Russians still can think, even in 2021.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Woah, this patch is HUGE

• Loremaster level 1 did not increase Caster Level - fixed
  • The character couldn't select a second bloodline as a Sylvan Sorcerer - fixed
  • When you already had 2 classes with animal companion you couldn't get third class with animal companion - fixed
:incline:
  • Turn-based mode now better supports Mounted Combat. Also, you can now select a mount and use its abilities independently of the rider (just as in RTwP mode);
  • Charge sometimes didn't work when friendly characters were too close - fixed.
Absolute and massive incline

• Druid couldn't pick the Impossible Domain Mythic Feat - fixed
I didn't even think about the fact that druids can actually use Impossible Domain. That's cool.

• Loremaster could get any combat feat as a secret, ignoring the prerequisites - fixed
  • Cleaving Finish worked with the Coup de Grace ability - fixed
  • Deathsnatchers' regeneration was replaced by fast healing, to reduce the suffering of players
:decline:
It's worse, they patched peace maker Subcubi max attacks from 8x to 4x. So now invulnerable Minu will not be able to totally massacre party who concentrated on her.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Woah, this patch is HUGE

• Loremaster level 1 did not increase Caster Level - fixed
  • The character couldn't select a second bloodline as a Sylvan Sorcerer - fixed
  • When you already had 2 classes with animal companion you couldn't get third class with animal companion - fixed
:incline:
  • Turn-based mode now better supports Mounted Combat. Also, you can now select a mount and use its abilities independently of the rider (just as in RTwP mode);
  • Charge sometimes didn't work when friendly characters were too close - fixed.
Absolute and massive incline

• Druid couldn't pick the Impossible Domain Mythic Feat - fixed
I didn't even think about the fact that druids can actually use Impossible Domain. That's cool.

• Loremaster could get any combat feat as a secret, ignoring the prerequisites - fixed
  • Cleaving Finish worked with the Coup de Grace ability - fixed
  • Deathsnatchers' regeneration was replaced by fast healing, to reduce the suffering of players
:decline:
It's worse, they patched peace maker Subcubi max attacks from 8x to 4x. So now invulnerable Minu will not be able to totally massacre party who concentrated on her.

Yeah and Chivarro was like the hardest fight I had in the game. I was so happy when I managed to kill her. New players won't be able to feel the same :(

Sheepherder

Augur
It seems Owlcat Games is the only game studio which actually learns from its mistakes. With their (non-existing) QA process such an enormous patch could not have gone without game breaking and save corruption bugs, so they placed it into the beta branch. Amazing how the Russians still can think, even in 2021.
Less posting, more testing, paypig. I want my torrent for the patch spick-and-span by this weekend. And be thankful you don't get charged for the privilege of omega testing the alpha patches for the current early access beta of the game.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Mythic Carnivorous Crystal is the most dangerous enemy in the game in my opinion. It is however a fight limited to certain mythic paths, so not everyone will get to experience the absolute pleasure that is having to make a DC 61 save in order to be able to do anything.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why shouldn't undead get blinded by Sunburst? They aren't immune to the "blinded" condition in Pathfinder/D&D 3.x. They are immune to effects that require a Fortitude ST (so they can't be affected by Blindness/Deafness), but they can still be affected by anything else (stuff like Sunburst and Glitterdust).
I can even understand Glitterdust because it covers their whole head or something but Sunburst should blind them in same way Fireball does, it does not. Undead have no optical nerves, a lot of light does not blind them...

Delterius

Arcane
them in same way Fireball does, it does not
Fireball doesn't blind anyone though.
Undead have no optical nerves, a lot of light does not blind them...
Well, first of all lots undead do have optical nerves. But the point is that Sunburst is magic designed to vanquish the undead. It is only natural that it disrupts an undead's supernatural senses. And besides, you're a Lich. You can just cast Echolocation this one time.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can even understand Glitterdust because it covers their whole head or something but Sunburst should blind them in same way Fireball does, it does not. Undead have no optical nerves, a lot of light does not blind them...
Nobody in this game has optical nerves. Biology doesn't exist, just like chemistry and physics.

The only thing we know is that undead aren't immune to Sunburst, it's up to the DM and the players to decide what this means. Personally, thinking that the light summoned by an 8th level spell might be so "pure" and "strong" that it manages to "burn" whatever lets a corpse see the world doesn't ruin my suspension of disbelief.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Mythic Carnivorous Crystal is the most dangerous enemy in the game in my opinion. It is however a fight limited to certain mythic paths, so not everyone will get to experience the absolute pleasure that is having to make a DC 61 save in order to be able to do anything.
Is it optional fight?
And can't you cast spells like elemental body, or ice body, or use undead?
Can it even affect Huge elementals?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Is it optional fight?
And can't you cast spells like elemental body, or ice body, or use undead?
Can it even affect Huge elementals?
Its an entirely optional fight which has plenty of telegraphed warning that its dangerous, including a text by a certain NPC sitting right next to it warning you that it will disable your mythic abilities and that it ignores immunities. If you open its prison cell to fight it after all of those warnings, its entirely on you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom