Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Opens patch notes. Searches for armor training. Finds 0 results about fixing it so it reduces dex restrictions per the text. Ragequits. :|

What? Armour training isn't broken...

Scalemail gives +3 max dex bonus. Fighter lvl 3 gives one level of armor training that should increase that to +4. Character with 18 dex only gets 3 ac from dex, both in the character screen and combat log.

That's interesting, I know I had it showing up properly with other armours. I wonder if it got rebroken with a patch, if it works with some armours and not others, or what. I've only checked it on a base fighter though, was it a pure fighter that you were using?
For me Armour training was one of the abilities that always worked correctly. But IIRC there were plenty of such "bug" reports ever since Kingmaker's initial release from ppl with 7-8 str chars, who could not bear the weight of their own potions.

That's true, if you're at medium encumbrance or more, your dex bonus is limited to 3 no matter what you're wearing.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Opens patch notes. Searches for armor training. Finds 0 results about fixing it so it reduces dex restrictions per the text. Ragequits. :|

What? Armour training isn't broken...

Scalemail gives +3 max dex bonus. Fighter lvl 3 gives one level of armor training that should increase that to +4. Character with 18 dex only gets 3 ac from dex, both in the character screen and combat log.

That's interesting, I know I had it showing up properly with other armours. I wonder if it got rebroken with a patch, if it works with some armours and not others, or what. I've only checked it on a base fighter though, was it a pure fighter that you were using?
For me Armour training was one of the abilities that always worked correctly. But IIRC there were plenty of such "bug" reports ever since Kingmaker's initial release from ppl with 7-8 str chars, who could not bear the weight of their own potions.

That's true, if you're at medium encumbrance or more, your dex bonus is limited to 3 no matter what you're wearing.
Well, now I feel dumb. Was 1lb over light encumbrance. Much appreciated.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Its worth noting however that if you have Oracle Dex to Cha and you are wearing heavy armour with heavy armour training, you will not receive a bonus above +3, regardless of your encumbrance.

cw8

Cipher
Nenio's final dungeon is such a pain, makes Blackwater feel like a pleasant stroll. I doubt I will ever revist that place in future playthroughs.

Sucks to the dungeon, but the final boss in there seems fun.
Is Areshkagal the hardest boss/fight in the game? Almost seems like a WoW boss raid.

Thonius

Arcane
Kinda sad I expected it to be a belt or something... 2 rings, bracers + another item +elemental barrage.

If you sub in for one of the ring elements through your class spells / abilities, you can do it anyway.
Yeah but what if I want to have it all and for free? :^) For example oracle with buffs, abundant casting, and all 4 elements spells.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Don't get me wrong, I think this game is very good and I enjoy playing it a lot.

However, playing in RTWP mode and contending with doors and pathfinding can be very, very frustrating. Almost enough to get me to switch to playing in turn based from now on when inside buildings.

I've lost count the number of times over my 5 or so times playing through the Gray Garrison that my NPC ally wizards have blocked doorways or spawned in position between me and the enemy after climbing stairs.

Even my own characters have an annoying habit of standing in the wrong place.

I just wish there was a function that pushed allies out of the way when trying to sort out movement while in combat but outside of enemy melee threat range.

volklore

Arcane
Unless using some of the buggy features like mounted combat, turn-based works alright for me. And if it gets stuck (sometimes does) switching back and forth between RT and TB usually fixes it. RTwP seems worse in this game than in kingmaker. Terrain layouts feel tighter than in KM which creates more pathfinding annoyance, large units have huge hitboxes making selecting stuff annoying. I also have a weird bug that the pause button on spacebar stops working from time to time which usually leads in a reload... There is this weird bug that if you leave mount and rider ai on they just run amock not caring for any instruction, and their ai retoggles automatically all the time for some reason. I've used both back and forth in my playthrough and TB always felts smoother and more fun and as far as difficulty go they are about the same although they have different strength and weaknesses.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I started playing around a bit with the beta patch. Two bugs I've noticed so far are that the Rahadoum Faithless background isn't available (though I think that bug may have been introduced awhile ago because I recall seeing it and then not) and that you can't skin anything, whether people are trained in nature lore or not. So all those monitor lizards were showing loot bags on the map and had the silhouette of their hides there but I couldn't do anything with them.

Some good things about the beta patch are that I've seen some new types of dismemberment (either that or I convinced myself that I did) and that before, some enemies would spawn inside one another or move inside one another causing some weirdnesses - now they spawn separately and will stop and wait if the door they're trying to go to is blocked, etc.

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/4820532832266665494

Update 1.1.0 (beta)

Crusaders!

We’ve prepared a huge update for you! But because it’s so huge, and because of various issues you may encounter with it, particularly with mods, we are releasing it in the beta branch first. Please switch to it in the properties of the game in Steam to download the update.

76a6ab327e4f76305dbdd08e32cb14cdb24934de.png

Because the list of changes is HUGE, we couldn't fit it here, so we put a link with the full patch notes instead.

Let us know what you think!
It does reduce it in my games? Does it not reduce enough or not at all in your game?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
  • The Mythic Demon rage cutscene is now voiced;
MOTHERFUCKE completed a Demon Mythic path run. WHRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

cw8

Cipher
Fought this for 1 hour in TB on the winning attempt. Drops like the best item in the game, I feel.

Hardest and most fun fight thus far. Much more so than the optional bosses. +20 saving throws helm, pretty insane.

wrathhardestfight.jpg

volklore

Arcane
I started playing around a bit with the beta patch. Two bugs I've noticed so far are that the Rahadoum Faithless background isn't available (though I think that bug may have been introduced awhile ago because I recall seeing it and then not) and that you can't skin anything, whether people are trained in nature lore or not. So all those monitor lizards were showing loot bags on the map and had the silhouette of their hides there but I couldn't do anything with them.

Some good things about the beta patch are that I've seen some new types of dismemberment (either that or I convinced myself that I did) and that before, some enemies would spawn inside one another or move inside one another causing some weirdnesses - now they spawn separately and will stop and wait if the door they're trying to go to is blocked, etc.
I noticed that on the beta patch cleric mercs cannot pick a deity anymore and therefore cannot pick channel or a domain :D

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Drops like the best item in the game
It is indeed cursed though, and there is an rather unpleasant ending slide about it if you have it in your inventory when you clear the game.

Is that bugged too? I didn't notice anything at the end of my playthrough.

Demonic Rage unfortunately trivializes this fight, all four Areshkagals just beat themselves to death against your main char while doing zero damage.

MFJobeC.jpg

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
End of act 4 - very early act 5 gives riddiculous amount of power. I went from lvl 17 M5 to lvl 20 M9 in like 3 hours of gameplay ... Also what's up with enemies, why am I fighting lvl 10 undead in pulura falls in A5 or a level 37 black dragon with 29 unfair will save and no immunities to speak off ... Is all of act 5 just this easy ?

purupuru

Learned
Drops like the best item in the game
It is indeed cursed though, and there is an rather unpleasant ending slide about it if you have it in your inventory when you clear the game.

Is that bugged too? I didn't notice anything at the end of my playthrough.
Could be. Someone says you get the ending slide if you wear it when you clear the game. But I never wore it and still got the slide.

Tsubutai

Educated
End of act 4 - very early act 5 gives riddiculous amount of power. I went from lvl 17 M5 to lvl 20 M9 in like 3 hours of gameplay ... Also what's up with enemies, why am I fighting lvl 10 undead in pulura falls in A5 or a level 37 black dragon with 29 unfair will save and no immunities to speak off ... Is all of act 5 just this easy ?
The undead in Pulura's falls are optional - they're actually there as enemies for an Act 3 angel path mythic quest, and there's no particular reason to kill them on non-Angel paths.

There are a good number of tougher enemies elsewhere in the act.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I am genuinely curious - for the people who found Arashkegal (the sphinx in the enigma) challenging, what about that fight made it challenging to you? I have done that fight twice - once with an azata on unfair and another time on core last azlanti with an angel. Both times the fight was a complete pushover, I had no need to reload, just walk in, spank him, pick up the loot and walk out. On the last azlanti run I even spent a significant amount of time inspecting him due to many people claiming he was threatening and I could not puzzle it out. For future playthroughs I think I will be skipping the enigma entirely. Even though it has some exceptionally good items in it, at that stage in the game you do not really need them and slogging through all the trash monsters in there is too much of a hassle to make it feel worthwhile.

Fought this for 1 hour in TB on the winning attempt. Drops like the best item in the game, I feel.
I had suicidal urges whilst going through that dungeon. It was absolutely zero challenge at that stage of the game, it was too big for its own good and involved too much running about, the crystal shit was mind bogglingly tedious and the puzzles were absolutely meh. On my second and third runs of the game, the sole reason as to why I've done it again to begin with was to collect the crystal from the boss for ascension. I actually cheated in like 20 blue and green power source crystals to skip the hassle, which I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone in their own subsequent runs.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, that drop item is almost too good to be true!

Is it different from the one you get after completing the four puzzles, before even going to the Enigma? (mask of the most worthy or sth, +20 insight bonus on saves, minus AC etc when you are in the Enigma). My playthrough bugged out making Nenio disappear forever and could only fight the illusory Areshkagal.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Yeah, that drop item is almost too good to be true!

Is it different from the one you get after completing the four puzzles, before even going to the Enigma? (mask of the most worthy or sth, +20 insight bonus on saves, minus AC etc when you are in the Enigma). My playthrough bugged out making Nenio disappear forever and could only fight the illusory Areshkagal.

Yeah, it is a slight upgrade but can only be worn by the MC.

and, as mentioned above, it's cursed

The really sad thing about the Enigma is how much work must have gone into making something so dull to play through.

The aesthetics of the place are great, the items are great, but unfortunately everything else about it sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom