Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
EUpKns3WAAMRtFl.jpg

Sheepherder

Augur
So, the Prone+Bull Rush effect from this ring works with ranged weapons too. No checks or anything. Should work with Snap Shot as well, but I haven't gotten it yet.
Anyhow, that's how I plan to beat Playful Darkness on Unfair - a field of Blade Barriers (Sosiel with all the spell penetration gear and feats), summons, all the AB buffs I can get, Prescient Attack from Eldritch Archer and True Strike. Plus 1 Sheela with Last Stand.
Darkness is immune to prone but should still yo-yo back and forth and get damaged on it's way to me and then on it's way back. Summons are there to allow time for me to cast True Strike.

ohX1hP1.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just killed playful darkness (IIRC level 14 characters and Mythic level 4). And well going without rest to boss of Act 3, that was bit harsh. Boss of Act 3 nearly killed queen. BTW does it change the story when she croaks, or would they ressurect her?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Just killed playful darkness (IIRC level 14 characters and Mythic level 4). And well going without rest to boss of Act 3, that was bit harsh. Boss of Act 3 nearly killed queen. BTW does it change the story when she croaks, or would they ressurect her?
Queen can't be killed by npcs, just gets knocked unconscious

volklore

Arcane
Just use lesser quicken rods, there should be a few around.
Wrath does not have any quicken rods until act 4. Only source of quicken pre-act 4 are a 1/day quicken hat and a rod that's exclusive to lich I believe

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That's... really desperate.
I really wanted to like Ember, I really did. But her spell selection... ugh... apart from farting and sending some shinnies at the enemies, there's almost nothing there...

So I benched her. Nenio does the arcane duty, while Cam gives enemies the Evil Eye. At least she can offtank and be a mild DD/backline protector too.

Just respec companions like I'm planning to do once I play this thing. That has the primary benefit of you getting to toy around with 6 crafty builds instead of just 1

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really wanted to like Ember, I really did. But her spell selection... ugh... apart from farting and sending some shinnies at the enemies, there's almost nothing there...

So I benched her. Nenio does the arcane duty, while Cam gives enemies the Evil Eye. At least she can offtank and be a mild DD/backline protector too.

Just respec companions like I'm planning to do once I play this thing. That has the primary benefit of you getting to toy around with 6 crafty builds instead of just 1

Well, actually, I did fully respec Nenio to a Brown Fur Transmuter. Best support/CC class evar!

Ember though... don't want to change her too much. Also like hexes a lot - even moreso with Jinx (that is one early OP weapon - even moreso with
Imp Critical + Mythic at level 9!). So yesterday I rolled her back a little and started the Arcane Trickster path for her. Should be better with her rays that way, while keeping the crucial level 8 Evil Eye, Protective Luck, Cackle and Vulnerability.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Well, actually, I did fully respec Nenio to a Brown Fur Transmuter. Best support/CC class evar!

Ember though... don't want to change her too much. Also like hexes a lot - even moreso with Jinx (that is one early OP weapon - even moreso with
Imp Critical + Mythic at level 9!). So yesterday I rolled her back a little and started the Arcane Trickster path for her. Should be better with her rays that way, while keeping the crucial level 8 Evil Eye, Protective Luck, Cackle and Vulnerability.

Only good hex you will lose is the one that gives free bite attack, and there's also the level delay (but not a big deal). I have been using Ember as arcane trickster in Act V and she is pretty nice for those AC 90 enemies with ray stuff, if you dip in vivi she also gets +2 DEX and that helps too. Does not fit the character RP wise but oh well.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I went to playing BG2 instead and I think the writing is better even if it’s not great, maybe I’m just not a fan of owlcat writing in particular. Haven’t played any of the new CRPGS.

Well yeah, there's a reason why bg2 is always in top 5 rpg lists. Its also a game from decades ago - one needs to accept reality that we won't be seeing quality writing like that all that often - and enjoy what we do get.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, kinda shame about the bite. Though my main is a kitsune, so already has one bite. Bite stacking is kinda weird (a little bit of hypocrisy here, as I'm one of those who started the trend in Kingmaker, I guess).
Anyway, I guess I will do fine without it here - and no Cloak of the Winter Wolf.

volklore

Arcane
I am still holding on to the hope that we'll get Cleric/Druid/Wizard spell secret in loremaster as advertised at some point. Would help fix a lot of awkward spell lists.

Sheepherder

Augur
Just use lesser quicken rods, there should be a few around.
Wrath does not have any quicken rods until act 4. Only source of quicken pre-act 4 are a 1/day quicken hat and a rod that's exclusive to lich I believe
And since I'm LG I can't even use the hat. Is it still bugged btw? I think it used to provide unlimited Quickened spells.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Conan Are you going to post the true story of the game? I’d be interested in reading it.

Sunri

Liturgist

respecting can fuck up your game

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Everything can currently. Which is why I won't be playing this until June at the earliest.

Sunri

Liturgist

Everything can currently. Which is why I won't be playing this until June at the earliest.

You exaggerate it's not that bad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom