Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Reached Act 4 again but that fucking city is already getting on my nerves. Runs like shit, the fights are annoying, most quests are just "Talk to X then go and talk to Y" and the map is just horrible.

Sunri

Liturgist
Reached Act 4 again but that fucking city is already getting on my nerves. Runs like shit, the fights are annoying, most quests are just "Talk to X then go and talk to Y" and the map is just horrible.

Sell your dumb hat and invest in better computer :smug:

purupuru

Learned
What exactly is peoples problem with that quest? Takes all of 3 minutes to dimension door to the 3 statues to disable the respawns and then mop up the remaining enemies. Only "annoying" part is the abyssal pit traps that you can easily avoid and/or disable.
When I first did it the first thing I thought of is dimensional door but since it's my first run I wasn't sure if areas around the statues are booby-trapped (I know I would definitely do that if I designed the quest), and I already know there are rift of ruin traps in the maze since some of my summons triggered one. And that was when the pit spells were bugged in turn-based mode, so rift of ruin = death.

volklore

Arcane
what ya mean! I can get why some people would find the city annoying (although I personally loved it) but the fights in A4 are the best. They are for the most part all unique with specific gimmick/design. Plus you always a warning you're about to get in a fight via text so you always have time to prepare/setup. And contrary to the rest of the game, that part has very little trash mobs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
what ya mean! I can get why some people would find the city annoying (although I personally loved it) but the fights in A4 are the best. They are for the most part all unique with specific gimmick/design and contrary to the rest of the game, that part has very little trash mobs.

Random fights in the city don't count as trash?

Sunri

Liturgist
what ya mean! I can get why some people would find the city annoying (although I personally loved it) but the fights in A4 are the best. They are for the most part all unique with specific gimmick/design and contrary to the rest of the game, that part has very little trash mobs.

Random fights in the city don't count as trash?

Some of them are quite tough you can stealth around the city if you don't want to trigger them

volklore

Arcane
Trash is repeated encounters with the same design. There's about the same amount of fights in this act than in 1 dungeon of Act3 and they are all different for the most part.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
what ya mean! I can get why some people would find the city annoying (although I personally loved it) but the fights in A4 are the best. They are for the most part all unique with specific gimmick/design. Plus you always a warning you're about to get in a fight via text so you always have time to prepare/setup. And contrary to the rest of the game, that part has very little trash mobs.
I'm not sure we explored the same city. Mine was filled to the brim with trash mobs. Luckily, by that point you should have Stormbolts and a way to maximize it on 2-3 characters, so those trash encounters shouldn't last more than 2 rounds.

Thonius

Arcane
I liked demon city, I'm still around IZ, just started Mine 14 quest. Crusade mode is taking its toll. I'm at 180h mark with 20~25 hours of rerolls, afk, and shit like that. I bet with effortless crusader mod it will be like 110h probably less.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It would have been better served as an overland map like Kenabres. That is what the city is like in the lore anyway, not a bunch of floating islands.

volklore

Arcane
I hadn't had to win initiative that bad until act4 personally (due to those archers and galus staggering my whole team in first round) so I had to change up a lot of stuff. Stormbolts without focus did not pass saves that easily and even one or two unstunned succubus archer could mean 1 dead backliner at least in my case on hard. Not to mention the invisible 300 dmg dealing kineticists with insane saves.
Still there is like 3-5 fights/district total that trigger over time. That's really not much compared to the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Always like that in wotr some great idea followed by an horrible design decision and something breaking the fun. The city has great aesthetic design, although for a city of succubi and pleasure seriously lacking of tits, but at release was pain to navigate in with blocks not moving and several bugs like enemies not dieing.Looks great but a pain to play through it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Trash is repeated encounters with the same design. There's about the same amount of fights in this act than in 1 dungeon of Act3 and they are all different for the most part.

Sadly high level is full of trash encounters in both pathfinder games(wrath and kingmaker). This is why I hope for a Rise of the Runelords or Skull & Shakles AP. IS a lv 1~15 adventure. "But I wanna use high level spells" -> Just make it rare and available only for scrolls. In Dark Sun : Wake of The ravager, you can reach lv 15 as a Preserver, instead of being able to cast 4 meteor swarms every day, you can at a high price get a scroll of it and cast only once during the entire game. It makes meteor swarm fells more epic When I finished Wrath, I had like 60+ scrolls ot Tsunami. Same with +4/+5 weapons. Have it so rare that only one member of your party can use and in end game.

Don't get me wrong, I love high level, but is very hard to do high level gameplay right. After Pitax, Kingmaker becomes a slog. And this game on late chapter 4 also becomes a slog. And TBH between very low level dungeons & kobolds and very high level with a lot of trash slog encounters, I rather the second. And I would't consider lv 15 "low level". A Adult Red Dragon is CR 13, if you can go in dragon hunting, you are in high level. You also already can cast Sirroco, Finger of Death, Disintegrate, Acid Fog, Ice Prison(...) and a lot of really good and powerful spells at this level.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Step 1: Navigate to \Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath of The Righteous

Step 2: Delete everything except the settings json, saved games, portraits, and screenshots (while your game is closed)

The logs such as the combat log in this game will just keep stacking up infinitely. Same with items left on the ground, they just keep stacking up save file size and slowing the game down. Deleting these fixes that, just make sure there isn't any valuable items that you haven't looted (items you haven't discovered will be fine.) This brought the act 4 city from 20 fps to around 50 for me on my 7 year old pc. Hopefully they improve the performance more in the future but it's a fix for now.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Step 1: Navigate to \Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath of The Righteous

Step 2: Delete everything except the settings json, saved games, portraits, and screenshots (while your game is closed)

The logs such as the combat log in this game will just keep stacking up infinitely. Same with items left on the ground, they just keep stacking up save file size and slowing the game down. Deleting these fixes that, just make sure there isn't any valuable items that you haven't looted (items you haven't discovered will be fine.) This brought the act 4 city from 20 fps to around 50 for me on my 7 year old pc. Hopefully they improve the performance more in the future but it's a fix for now.

It did help, even though the logs were only 1-3 mb each. Thanks.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Perfect example of shit fights in Act 4: Latverk has 61 AC. I can dispel his buffs but more often than not that doesn't work. He won't kill me but it'll take forever to kill him, too.

OH MY GOD FOR FUCK'S SAKE

fuckowlcat.jpg

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
Perfect example of shit fights in Act 4: Latverk has 61 AC. I can dispel his buffs but more often than not that doesn't work. He won't kill me but it'll take forever to kill him, too.

Share your character, there is something wrong if you can't kill guy in bathrobe :oops:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, with the new cool interface in the Kineticist class progression I'm seeing only form infusions now. Not at the level up, but on the character screen. If on the next level up I will not get my bowling infusion it would be really bad.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok finished the game

Areelu hardest fight of the game. She fully heals her 1300 HP 3/4 times while casting quickend polar midnight/clashing rocks/prismatic sprays and shieeeeeeet. She is also immune to critical hits, cold, and a shitload of things.
I reloaed several times until I finally finished to bruteforce her with only 1 companion dead. I guess there must be another and easier way but no idea what.
Life would have probably been easier if I did the recipe that gives plus 3 to saving throws also.

2nd hardest fight in the game was the Threeshold camp invasion. Because its fucking bugged and instead of controlling 6 companions I had 4 companions plus my merc that was with me in threeshold (so no control) and his animal companion that instead somehow was ALSO in the camp.
So basically I had Lann, Aru, Greybor and Sosiel plus animal companion wtf.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Sunri

Liturgist
Ok finished the game

Areelu hardest fight of the game. She fully heals her 1300 HP 3/4 times while casting quickend polar midnight/clashing rocks/prismatic sprays and shieeeeeeet. She is also immune to critical hits, cold, and a shitload of things.
I reloaed several times until I finally finished to bruteforce her with only 1 companion dead. I guess there must be another and easier way but no idea what.
Life would have probably been easier if I did the recipe that gives plus 3 to saving throws also.

2nd hardest fight in the game was the Threeshold camp invasion. Because its fucking bugged and instead of controlling 6 companions I had 4 companions plus my merc that was with me in threeshold (so no control) and his animal companion that instead somehow was ALSO in the camp.
Did you finish her second phase? or skipped it with skill checks

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok finished the game

Didn't know there was a second phase, I did the skill check and then
the trickster thing.

Sunri

Liturgist
Ok finished the game

Didn't know there was a second phase, I did the skill check and then
the trickster thing.

She makes clones of herself and spams some aoe spells at you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom