Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. ga♥ Augur

ga♥

Show Spoiler

how does it work? If you close the wound killing Arelu you keep the mythic powers?

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. cw8 Arbiter

cw8
    I'm not good at building characters, so I just went pure level 20 classes. Tbh, my main and Seelah can't really hit any named major bosses, those with 60+ AC on Core, they pretty much just tank. Amber and Aru's the only 2 doing all the killing, especially Ember. Nenio's for the buffs and mass killing mobs with Weird. Daeren for healing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. cw8 Arbiter

cw8
    Show Spoiler

If you kill Deskari before you kill his mobs, you can even loot him mid battle and get his Scythe. You won't have time to equip it or chance to use it though:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    I just don't know what to think when they have an initiative bar portrait showing a dark-haired male with a short haircut at the same time.

^ Top  
  5. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I went 20 Wizard for Nenio as well, and I think it's the only one I regret. She really is made to be a Loremaster.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I have no idea how you'd get nenio to have weirds with decent DC. Everything has so much spell resist and saves, making 3 75% rolls in a row is not good odds, and I can't even manage to get better than 50% on the saves most of the time (admittedly I have not spent every single perk point on school specialization, so that's maybe on me).

I'm actually a bit disappointed with arcane magic in this game in general. Haste is incredible, but beyond that there's not that much good stuff. Mind blank would be nice, but it doesn't seem to work on like half the effects it should.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    I listed him under the "And then you have all various horn and spider legs stuff..." category.

And at low level when you need one person to have BOTH freedom of movement and death ward, he has issues. He can get firestorm and be fine fire mage.

^ Top  
  8. ga♥ Augur

ga♥
    If you get all spell focus, spell specialization, mythic feats, get her INT items and the illusion ring you can get decent DC weird. Obviously you won't kill bosses and neither more robust mobs but I still had use for it in the last dungeon of the game, and it was on hard.

Also there is the meal recipe that adds 1 DC to your spell.
    When/if they add persistent to favorite metamagic you can have it on weird with completely normal as trickster also.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. proxon Novice

proxon
    Show Spoiler
    On my trickster run i could loot him after the second fight, i only got to use his weapon for Areelu fight. I forgot to try the on use thingy:negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    What would you consider "decent" when talking about DC? Without shenanigans, my Nenio's Weird has a DC of 42 for the Will save and 44 for the Fortitude one, which is enough to thin out most encounters on Core, especially considering how easy it is to lower enemies' saves in this game. Dirge of Doom/Frightful Aspect give a non-resistible -2 to all saves to everyone who isn't immune to fear effects, the Display of Power belt gives a non-resistible -2 to Will saves to everyone, the Angel's Piercing Rays gives a scaling non-resistible penalty (and right now it's bugged and gets applied twice), the Twisted Temptation should give another -2 (but they don't always work right now). Then you also have resistible effects like Archon's Aura and the lyre relic that gives a -5 against mind-affecting effects.

In my experience, arcane magic can carry you for 90% of the game. Grease, Glitterdust, and Shout solved almost every encounter for the first 3 chapters, and they're still relevant during chapter 4 and 5. Stormbolts has destroyed everything in chapter 4 thanks to the Devoring Lust rod, and it's still dominating every encounter in chapter 5. Mass Icy Prison will probably do the same once Owlcat decides to fix it.

Mind Blank is close to useless, since it was nerfed in Pathfinder and it now gives a bonus that doesn't stack with your regular Cloak of Resistance. You can easily get tons of +5 cloaks in chapter 4 and even higher in chapter 5, so Mind Blank will only give you a +3 or +2, not the full +8 (and definitely not immunity).

You an also rely on items that boost your mind-affecting DCs, like the glass amulet sold in Drezen (I think).

During chapter 4, you can find a recipe that adds 2 to your DCs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Power attack is pretty much not worth it in Wrath unless you are running a Legend build or something with insanely high AB. Since AB requirements go up as high as 85 in Unfair. (Before debuffs are taken into account though)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    The key point is that while you may not be able to kill every Demon Lord by beating enemy saves with simple CC, those spells will remain useful against normal encounters even as you transition to nuking enemies dead by midgame onwards. It is very much the same as in Kingmaker, except that with Bolstered Metamagic the nuking play style is better than ever.

^ Top  
  13. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Wait what? Kinetic blasts are considered to be natural attacks? ​

^ Top  
  14. D_X Ridi, Pagliaccio Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Goddamn, Angel ending felt so satisfying.
    Show Spoiler

I hate how you have to otherwise simp for Areelu in order to kill Deskari for good. Sure, you get to kill goat boy too, but the fight is not worth the effort.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fuck you, Areelu, I wish you a very unpleasant day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did skip Areelu's 2nd phase and have the secred ending unlocked so still have to do those, but damn this was a good ending.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Not if you play as a lich. You can heal yourself since chapter 2 if you are a dhampir. Azatas gain a dragon companion healer who also can heal you. Angels can self heal. I don't care about the race of companions. What really bugs me is that ... We don't get a single druid companion.

^ Top  
  16. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Imagine thinking that if you're playing a dhampir you aren't playing an African American.

• Shit Shit x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Either I forgot about this since I don't use kineticists much or I never knew. Either way mind blown.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...uery_for_the_kineticist_what_class_of_weapon/

^ Top  
  18. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    [​IMG]
    Like this one?

• Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Yes

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Ghulgothas Arcane

Ghulgothas
    Tue, their souls are blacker than any mere party member could ever be.

^ Top  
  21. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    How do you use Shout? I mean - besides "I cast it, and everything dies".

^ Top  
  22. ga♥ Augur

ga♥
    Maybe on core if you have a bard merc, cleric merc and if they don't fix scrolls of legendary proportions not using bones.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Camellia can do druid stuff. Including swarms. And if she selects additional path, she can get animal companion at level 16. So she's kinda like druid, just without shapeshifting.

^ Top  
  24. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    According to the combat log - yes. That is why I am very grateful to Pink Eye not only on the forum, but in the game as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Vampires have very pale skin and are very selective of those who they share their bloodline.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.