Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Is this good starting build for a dwarf crusader cleric?
Core difficulty
I was thinking 14 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Cos, 12 int, 19 wis 6 char
Starting feats: Steel soul
Crusader bonus feats: Shield focus
Domain: Protection

Pretty much anything is good enough for core. Looks decent enough I would go more heavily on either str or dex (str if u plan on wearing heavy armor). You should also get acolyte background so u can change cha->wis dialogue checks

Sunri

Liturgist
Completed survey.

#1 - The Enigma encounter design. Please add more than 7 mobs. I've literally taken a break for a week now, because I can't handle it. And I've seen the Lost Chapel 5 times.
#2 - remove romances from future games. Owlcat RPGs would be 10x better without dicks and vaginas everywhere.

and

#3 - a message to Paizo: STOP! putting your stereotypical, dry, tripe, half-assed, trash "companions". I'm going to be sick! Just let the owl and cat, Vodka-fueled dipshits to do their thing.

They should add more romancable npcs can't wait for dlc companion!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is best class/class combo for Aeon mythic path?
I went Monk/Student of Stone. It was pretty nice. But, I like monks, so take that with a grain of salt.

If that's not your cup'o'tea, I can see Judge being an equally satisfying experience. Especially now that they unbugged the class.

An Wizard/Abjurer can also work.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wonder if some sort of community domain herald caller with ascedant summons and aeon summoner's gaze can work on Core and above.

My guess. Can work in chapters 1~4. After it, your summons will probably only hit on 20. HE still can use summons as distractions. I did it in my dhampir cruoromancer run(which was my first run)

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Man, what's up with the EVIL companions in this game.

First, it was Wenduag.

Now it's Camellia.

Already getting a sense about Daerun from his personal quest in Act 5.

Just can't trust them lol.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if some sort of community domain herald caller with ascedant summons and aeon summoner's gaze can work on Core and above.
This combination has crossed my mind, and I did go through character creation a bit to mentally map things out, and it is a viable build - in theory. I'm not sure if there are any items to support it, though.

purupuru

Learned
Mechanically, Aeon's number of bane charges stacks with Inquisitor's. But I feel it's actually a bad fit lore wise since Inquisitors are instruments of their god while Aeon's deal is not about any god in particular. So my Aeon PC ended up as a Quarterstaff Master.

Thonius

Arcane
Motherfucking deskari, cannot kill him on core. First problem is unequipped sword after dialog (fucking hell, sur eit get buffed but fuck you), that robc mc from one turn and charge, finean deals 0 dmg for some reason and fucking combat log bugs out because of swarm immunity to auras. Things that carried me to that point fail. And that bigger never fails any saves.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Motherfucking deskari, cannot kill him on core. First problem is unequipped sword after dialog (fucking hell, sur eit get buffed but fuck you), that robc mc from one turn and charge, finean deals 0 dmg for some reason and fucking combat log bugs out because of swarm immunity to auras. Things that carried me to that point fail. And that bigger never fails any saves.
You can equip weapons mid combat, but I believe it takes a move or standard action so you'll be half a turn behind. No clue why Finnean isn't dealing damage, must be bugged. My general strat vs Deskari is to have one aoe blaster to kill the swarms he spawns, to split all my characters so that swarms and aoe will only hit one at a time, and to focus him down with my melee martials. Ranged characters are pretty pathetic vs him because of his concealment (that as far as I can tell has 0 counters.) Then you'll probably want someone to deal with nausea, some mythic paths are straight immune, but generally you'll need someone to spam remove sickness/heal.

Thonius

Arcane
Problem is my main is arcane rider, I don't have problem hitting him and dealing lots of dmg the problem is he targets mc and not a mount ( rare behavior for wotr mobs). Also Regil dies super fast to him. Aru hits him alright with instant enemy and quarry but it's not enough.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Problem is my main is arcane rider, I don't have problem hitting him and dealing lots of dmg the problem is he targets mc and not a mount ( rare behavior for wotr mobs). Also Regil dies super fast to him. Aru hits him alright with instant enemy and quarry but it's not enough.
Yeah Deskari is very hard to tank, try to use greater invis, he has a habit of dispelling true sight off of himself but you can dispel it too. Just make sure to dispel greater invis on yourself after the fight if you have enduring spells BECAUSE you need to talk to an npc after the fight and the npc doesn't have true sight or see invis.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Summoner works fine thanks to gaze that buffs summons and stacks with summoning mythic feat. Summoner inquisitor will give all of your summons teamwork feats. Abyssal sorc will give you max summons possible thanks to his unique bloodline passive. On last level you can dip loremaster and get druid secret and select purple worm, it will have godlike stats thanks to the buffs. Can go crossblooded sorc and grab lizard bloodline for free swarm spell.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
6f36d65206ea7125e817a5ec98ea29cd.jpg

Imagine Seelah with this portrait

Mauman

Learned
I went Monk/Student of Stone. It was pretty nice. But, I like monks, so take that with a grain of salt.

If that's not your cup'o'tea, I can see Judge being an equally satisfying experience. Especially now that they unbugged the class.

An Wizard/Abjurer can also work.

I'm trying a Sensei Aeon right now.

Mid chapter 3. It's....passive, but it's effective with the right party. Besides the Brown Fur Transmuter, everybody is a vital striker (even my divine caster) so they can take advantage of the mass true-strikes.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
6f36d65206ea7125e817a5ec98ea29cd.jpg

Imagine Seelah with this portrait

Badass.
Can't do it though. Unless you also have an alternative voice set for her. The current would clash too much with such a great portrait, her annoying black voice would grate on my nerves even more.

volklore

Arcane
I would go attack gaze instead of summoner's. I think high level summons have something like 20 base AB so I feel that even with all buffs they would still be mostly meat shields even with nobility, community and gaze. Attack gaze gives them more AB than summoner's gaze. This build is also frustrating since aeon seemingly only gets 3 choice of gaze early and that's only DC, CL and DR. The second gaze choice is M5 and you have to wait even longer for bane to summons and double gaze for both attack and summoner's gaze.
Summoner works fine thanks to gaze that buffs summons and stacks with summoning mythic feat. Summoner inquisitor will give all of your summons teamwork feats. Abyssal sorc will give you max summons possible thanks to his unique bloodline passive. On last level you can dip loremaster and get druid secret and select purple worm, it will have godlike stats thanks to the buffs. Can go crossblooded sorc and grab lizard bloodline for free swarm spell.
Loremaster spell secrets aren't in the game. Iniquisitor is nice for bane stacking but not super great summoners since you can't use a single spell more than once. And the extended duration is moot, your summons are gonna die quite fast regardless, it's better to just be able to swarm the enemy with a lot of them (Also inquisitors do not get access to high level summoning spells through their spellbooks). I would honestly just go druid or herald caller cleric like Delt mentions. Both can summon spontaneously and get to be full casters at that, and benefit from the aeon DC gaze which you will have to pick anyways. Plus Druid gets access to the crazy spider swarm summon, Elemental swarms and the worm.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Camelia great? Opinion discarded.
Big words coming from a dude with that profile picture.

And yeah, camellia is great fun. 8/10 companion, would put in party again.
Here's the full companion tier list
S: Regill
A: camellia, ember
B: daeran, aru
C: wendy, nenio, woljif
D: seelah, sosiel, lann
F: greybor
(Also inquisitors do not get access to high level summoning spells through their spellbooks).
Iirc the summoner inquisitor subclass (monster herald? something like that) gets full summon progression as a class feature.

Tbh I don't think summons are very good in this. Even with the mythic feats to buff them, they just don't have the stats to hit hard. They're decent as tanks, especially if you can get the enemy to focus on a spider swarm (as it is mostly immune to regular attacks).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom