Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    If your suggestion to fixing portraits is 'change the artsyle' then it's already over. You're placing yourself out of the discussion. I did ask for them to include some generic portraits of hooded people without weapons but that's just me. I like when games include something like that so I can just ignore the portrait google images hunt altogether. I think most people would benefit from fewer portraits with weapons. Why does every dwarf lady have a crossbow? Why does this aasimar guy have a glaive? Etc. They'd always be much more useful if the weapons weren't included.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    If you could add some companions to the game, which one would you add?

I?
    • A very sexy blonde, red eyed winter witch
    • A very wise old druid which HATES civilization and demons
    • A cavalier mounted in a wryven
    • A Barbarian from Numeria who hates magic and technology and blames technology and magic for the worldwound and blackwater will freak him out.
    • A mad scientist type of alchemist or transmuter wizard
    • A powerful half vampire cruoromancer in a quest to kill Zacharius cuz he used his father in experiments
    • A zealot "lawful retarded" monk
    • A Kobold pariah ostracized by his tribe
    • A very horny bard
    • A kitsune samurai companion (only to trigger the people still butthurt over kitsune wining over rats)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. volklore Arcane

volklore
    Completed as well, main point for me were to add 1 mythic level in chapter 3 and remove one from chapter 4-5 transition and let mythic spells scale DC of the highest casting stat (int, cha, wis) of the player character.
    My other problems with the games are probably deeper and not the scope of the survey (like the management layer not being tied to rest restriction anymore)

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. D_X Ridi, Pagliaccio Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I was shitposting about the portaits, ffs :bunkertime:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There's also way too few portraits for the pc. You basically have to use custom portraits, which is kind of a pain.

It's not easy to give feedback with this form. On the one hand, regill, camel and ember are great. Otoh, you have stuff like Lann and Sosiel. A lot of the fights are good and tuned to be an interesting challenge, but a lot of them are also insane piles of stats and immunities, where trying to fight them feels like trying to cross reference their list of insane immunities and stats against every single thing available to your party and trying to find the 3 available things that can contribute (and spamming skip turn with the rest of the party).

Yeah. There really needs to be more generic portraits like "normal sized character with heavy armor". Instead of "Human male with dagger, leather armor and who is performing magic".

^ Top  
  6. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Camelia great? Opinion discarded.

• How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Alternative party - 9 dwarfs and one wizzard or 10 hobbits, better yet 10 ratfolks.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. volklore Arcane

volklore
    Portraits cut at the shoulders/neck are just better. Because build/armor/weapon are too unique to character class and should be left to the imagination. Plus they cost less to commission so you can make more.

^ Top  
  9. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Ok, so for classes that don't get martial proficiency the deity selection comes after feat selection and even if you take deity that should give you proficiency you cannot come back and change. I wanted a purifier with martial weapon focus through battle revelation and the game says fuck you. Lame.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Normally, I'd say that the monk is what I'd choose. But, honestly, your spelling is appallingly bad, and also... I, honestly, don't care anymore. I just don't want to see anything Paizo-imposed.

Don't send any love letters to any women you date. They might send them back corrected with a red pencil.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    i'd add a summoner and make it nyrissa's cousin or whatever just so the summoner class and the fey archetype are added into the game

^ Top  
  12. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    Is this good starting build for a dwarf crusader cleric?
    Core difficulty
    I was thinking 14 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Cos, 12 int, 19 wis 6 char
    Starting feats: Steel soul
    Crusader bonus feats: Shield focus
    Domain: Protection

^ Top  
  13. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well, as a reader - and not a writer - I definitely do not want to create biographies of other party members, so for me companions are almost mandatory. And, unless the party consists only of European (not Wushu) monks and undead, romances as the part of character development are necessary, too.

However, now I understand what the game is lacking. There are no Kitsune succubi!

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Jermu Learned

Jermu
    Pretty much anything is good enough for core. Looks decent enough I would go more heavily on either str or dex (str if u plan on wearing heavy armor). You should also get acolyte background so u can change cha->wis dialogue checks

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    They should add more romancable npcs can't wait for dlc companion!

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Ironically, so far, Owlcat has had a great record with DLC companions. The twins in Kingmaker were actually tastefully done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    What is best class/class combo for Aeon mythic path?

^ Top  
  18. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    I went Monk/Student of Stone. It was pretty nice. But, I like monks, so take that with a grain of salt.

If that's not your cup'o'tea, I can see Judge being an equally satisfying experience. Especially now that they unbugged the class.

An Wizard/Abjurer can also work.

^ Top  
  19. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    I wonder if some sort of community domain herald caller with ascedant summons and aeon summoner's gaze can work on Core and above.

^ Top  
  20. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    My guess. Can work in chapters 1~4. After it, your summons will probably only hit on 20. HE still can use summons as distractions. I did it in my dhampir cruoromancer run(which was my first run)

^ Top  
  21. lycanwarrior Learned

lycanwarrior
    Man, what's up with the EVIL companions in this game.

First, it was Wenduag.

Now it's Camellia.

Already getting a sense about Daerun from his personal quest in Act 5.

Just can't trust them lol.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    This combination has crossed my mind, and I did go through character creation a bit to mentally map things out, and it is a viable build - in theory. I'm not sure if there are any items to support it, though.

^ Top  
  23. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Chose one.

Jokes aside, Regill is trustworthy cuz he is lawful evil. If you play as a lich, you can get some undead servants.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    ^ Top  
  24. purupuru Learned

purupuru
    Mechanically, Aeon's number of bane charges stacks with Inquisitor's. But I feel it's actually a bad fit lore wise since Inquisitors are instruments of their god while Aeon's deal is not about any god in particular. So my Aeon PC ended up as a Quarterstaff Master.

^ Top  
  25. perfectslumbers Scholar

perfectslumbers
    Inquisitor works

OR CHAD SOHEI THROWING AXE MACHINE GUN BUILD FOR 13 DISPELS PER ROUND

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.