Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sharpedge

Prophet
None of the companions can 100% tank unfair since I believe the highest you'll get is Camellia with 84 ac whereas mc can get ac in the low to mid 100s, and enemies will have over 70 ab. Also 6k gold is absolutely nothing unless you're on unfair and wanna buy scrolls to get you through the harder fights. All you get for more levels in druids is more wildshape charges but you get infinite ones so there's not any point to not dip for those 3 levels. Witch/vivi are the two best 1 level dips that you'll be taking in those 3 levels for extra ac, not really sure why you'd level druid past 17. But yeah if I was playing unfair I'd just make Lann a cleric and either tank with summons or mc (or just pick Azata and have no tank.)
R e s p e c m o d
Unless you are respeccing a character because a patch from Owlcat introduced some new bug and broke your build, Respeccing a character goes directly against the idea of playing on a harder difficulty to begin with. I don't understand people who want to play on a harder difficulty, but also want to use tools which are intended to be used on a lower difficulty.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Respeccing a character goes directly against the idea of playing on a harder difficulty to begin with. I don't understand people who want to play on a harder difficulty, but also want to use tools which are intended to be used on a lower difficulty.

You are assuming one would use the respec mod to respec them into some broken stuff. Rather than some homebrewn builds that might work well enough but aren't completely broken. That's what I do.

The reason? Why limit yourself to enjoying this game's core appeal - character building - with one rather than six characters?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Respeccing a character goes directly against the idea of playing on a harder difficulty to begin with. I don't understand people who want to play on a harder difficulty, but also want to use tools which are intended to be used on a lower difficulty.

You are assuming one would use the respec mod to respec them into some broken stuff. Rather than some homebrewn builds that might work well enough but aren't completely broken. That's what I do.

The reason? Why limit yourself to enjoying this game's core appeal - character building - with one rather than six characters?
I never considered it from that angle and I guess from that perspective it makes sense, but more often than not the people who are complaining they cannot respec characters on harder difficulties are doing so because they want to "fix the mess owlcat has made because the characters are not optimal." Personally I would much rather try to deal with the hand I have been dealt, so to speak and treat it as a part of the difficulty, but I can understand the appeal of wanting to build extra characters.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter

I never considered it from that angle and I guess from that perspective it makes sense, but more often than not the people who are complaining they cannot respec characters on harder difficulties are doing so because they want to "fix the mess owlcat has made because the characters are not optimal." Personally I would much rather try to deal with the hand I have been dealt, so to speak and treat it as a part of the difficulty, but I can understand the appeal of wanting to build extra characters.
WOTR has a big issue with companion build overlap imo and the respec mod is nice after many playthroughs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I've heard WotR is much harder than Kingmaker, so maybe this doesn't apply, but when I played Kingmaker my main complaint was difficulty. As such, I would have been insane to respec the companions into something more powerful than what could be done with them core. As that would only have made the game even easier.

Since WotR is supposedly way more difficult I guess that applies to a lesser extend here, but I probably still will build most less efficiently than is otherwise possible, if for no other reason then the fact that while I may be decent at optimization I am too easily distracted by trying out fun combinations or "build dreams."

If you use the respec mod solely to munch your companions into oblivion I'm not sure I see the point - you might as well activate cheats.

But then again, I don't ultramunch my PC in these kinds of games either, unless the difficulty can handle me doing so. In which case I absolutely will.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I've heard WotR is much harder than Kingmaker, so maybe this doesn't apply, but when I played Kingmaker my main complaint was difficulty. As such, I would have been insane to respec the companions into something more powerful than what could be done with them core. As that would only have made the game even easier.

Since WotR is supposedly way more difficult I guess that applies to a lesser extend here, but I probably still will build most less efficiently than is otherwise possible, if for no other reason then the fact that while I may be decent at optimization I am too easily distracted by trying out fun combinations or "build dreams."
It was on release. There have been a few patches since then that have lowered the difficulty - either by swapping out harder enemies with easier ones (ferocious monitor lizards with not ferocious versions of them, for example), or by reducing enemy stats. Toybox has an option for an on release version of Unfair, if you wish to experience that. With that being said, even that version of Unfair was not as hard as the beta version of it, when enemies were bugged and almost every enemy in the game had sneak attack dice. As it currently stands I would say its about as challenging as Kingmaker Unfair, but retains its difficulty for longer. It still does eventually drop off at lategame similar to Kingmaker, but it does take longer to get there.
If you use the respec mod solely to munch your companions into oblivion I'm not sure I see the point - you might as well activate cheats.
Agreed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
its about as challenging as Kingmaker Unfair

That really, really sucks. More than anything else I was looking forward to the reported difficulty bump :(

Or rather, I enjoyed Kingmaker's Unfair difficulty *immensely* from level 1-6ish, and wish that difficulty stuck around till the end of the game. Instead, it dove off a cliff and became entirely trivial, even with my somewhat wonky party builds.

but retains its difficulty for longer.

That's an improvement, at least, though I'm still somewhat disheartened by the roll-back in difficulty. I mean, why? Unfair is Unfair, people can just lower the difficulty if it's too hard? I don't have some weird objective about wanting to play on the hardest difficulty. I just want to play something that is consistently challenging for me.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Found a bug , so kalavakus 1 per critter per day enslave soul can use it to heal itself with a cl12 heal spell when it kills the creature, except when trickster athletics 1 perk dispels it it seems to give it back to the demon who also at the same time gets the heal spell effect so it uses it again and again and again and again and again.

There are greater aug kal in the blackwater place i have killed 3 so far and all of them triggered this, i am having to fucking sit here for ages to get lucky to send it to 0 hp then breath weapon it before it triggers 120hp regen per round.

Yosharian

Arcane
None of the companions can 100% tank unfair since I believe the highest you'll get is Camellia with 84 ac whereas mc can get ac in the low to mid 100s, and enemies will have over 70 ab. Also 6k gold is absolutely nothing unless you're on unfair and wanna buy scrolls to get you through the harder fights. All you get for more levels in druids is more wildshape charges but you get infinite ones so there's not any point to not dip for those 3 levels. Witch/vivi are the two best 1 level dips that you'll be taking in those 3 levels for extra ac, not really sure why you'd level druid past 17. But yeah if I was playing unfair I'd just make Lann a cleric and either tank with summons or mc (or just pick Azata and have no tank.)
R e s p e c m o d
Unless you are respeccing a character because a patch from Owlcat introduced some new bug and broke your build, Respeccing a character goes directly against the idea of playing on a harder difficulty to begin with. I don't understand people who want to play on a harder difficulty, but also want to use tools which are intended to be used on a lower difficulty.
It's not that hard to understand, just some basic understanding of why people play videogames is required

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
R e s p e c m o d
It's not that hard to understand, just some basic understanding of why people play videogames is required
Well a lot of people are playing to escape reality of low wage menial worker who got fucked by shit.

So, they don't wanna see a romance between spider lady and... they don't wanna be sexually abused by black male/female in the game the same as they were in work place. And they wanna nice game without stress.
So yea. For normal people this game kinda didn't deliver.

But frankly need for respecing is problem of Pathfinder system, in more fluid system people will simply learn new feat. In pathfinder... you get max limit on number of feats, and max limit on number of levels. And then you have characters like Paladin/Hellknight/Two-Handed Fighter/Armored Hulk/Pit Fighter who went into all out multiclassing... and the outdated pathfinder system prevents them to... Yea... stuff.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks like they stealthily fixed Shadow spells.
How to trust patch notes after that?(
LOL
WQgv74g.png

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
So I tried out Worldcrawl hoping that the alleged AI improvements would make combat more interesting. 5 minutes into the shield maze I open a chest and have a +5 body armour randomly generated. Until they add an option to turn off all the other crap, into the trashcan this mod goes. The random loot generation in this is worse than in Larian games.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I doubt any mod other than total overhaul would make combat more interesting. They would need to completely rework most combat encounters. Create special AI rules for each combat encounter. And rebalance itemization and power progression, including XP gain. That's work for 12 people for half year.

It's either this, or wait until summer. They might path the game.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Lilithu demons had 8 claw attacks instead of 4 - fixed;
Thought that one was fixed in the previous patch?

It feels related but, for example, you can notice the HP of your party members temporarily resetting to a previous state while saving the game.

It can be easily reproduced by either doing a few large, long battles right after each other... or by reloading the same battle several times. Don't ask me how I know this.
Reported that on release. Obviously they don't want to deal with this.

Sheepherder

Augur
I think my azata just've got "Kill everything" button.
CjjdJFA.jpg

QMsyxoD.jpg
Twice per round, thanks to Greater Quicken Rod.
Now I wonder, if "God of Arcane Magic", aka Lich could ever compete. Beside getting Wierd earlier.
He can with Feast of Blood and elemental conversion. Somewhere around ~200-ish per target on average, once per turn at around level 16 and Mythic rank 5. Maybe a bit less or more. No saves and ignores SR, plus it's a decently sized AoE.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For those who complain about NPC A.I. - just play RTwP on Hard. I failed to kill
Nabasu
using what I had, so I resorted to spending 6300 gold on scrolls that hard counter his main spells. I deem it victory of the A.I. over me.

Sharpedge

Prophet
For those who complain about NPC A.I. - just play RTwP on Hard. I failed to kill
Nabasu
using what I had, so I resorted to spending 6300 gold on scrolls that hard counter his main spells. I deem it victory of the A.I. over me.
Been there and done that. The AI is still bad.

volklore

Arcane
That really, really sucks. More than anything else I was looking forward to the reported difficulty bump :(
just play aeon
Tbh I am sure you can make a ridiculous aeon party with just companions. I was thinking of doing an aeon run before I got distracted with trickster build, and just run Ember, Daeran and Nenio - go for DC gaze (2DC for whole party isn't terrible) and caster level gaze and go from there.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Seems a biggie patch but the changelog seems quite small, what gives?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom