Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Looking at the etudes, I noticed they moved one boss requirement for Sadistic Game Design from ch.3 to ch.1 where it should've been from the start. Ofc, it isn't marked as completed even though I killed the fucker.
Now, I understand this particular achievement was bugged before, so maybe there's a chance it works now.

What boss?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Looking at the etudes, I noticed they moved one boss requirement for Sadistic Game Design from ch.3 to ch.1 where it should've been from the start. Ofc, it isn't marked as completed even though I killed the fucker.
Now, I understand this particular achievement was bugged before, so maybe there's a chance it works now.

What boss?
Othirubo

Sharpedge

Prophet
Its nice they fixed this. I bug reported it a while ago because I failed my SGD attempt because of it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That really, really sucks. More than anything else I was looking forward to the reported difficulty bump :(
just play aeon
Tbh I am sure you can make a ridiculous aeon party with just companions. I was thinking of doing an aeon run before I got distracted with trickster build, and just run Ember, Daeran and Nenio - go for DC gaze (2DC for whole party isn't terrible) and caster level gaze and go from there.
Aeon is, ironically, the most imbalanced path imo. Up to lvl 9 you're literally dragging yourself and your party, slowly trying to make it to the finish line every encounter.

Aeon lvl 9 is God mode. Mythic Suppression is absolutely broken.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck! I want to play this game so bad but I learned my lesson with Kingmaker and I will wait for the "enhanced edition"
This decision is stupid, because even before 2 last major patches the game had been played from start to finish on Ironman using 3 different Mythic paths, and the player who was using the 4th path died in the middle of the penultimate act. However, you are free to follow any self-deprivation you prefer.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Its nice they fixed this. I bug reported it a while ago because I failed my SGD attempt because of it.
I was considering attempting it after I'm done with my Trickster run. So, just out of curiosity, how did you handle the rest limit in regards with overland travel, especially in ch.3 and 5?

Looking at a save on a previous run just before the final fight, I noticed that I was over the limit and, since I don't really rest inside dungeons, I figure that resting before entering the actual map in order to remove fatigue was what pushed me over.

I see 3 solutions - play Azata to get the song that removes exhausted and fatigued, grab mercy on Seelah and spam that or capture the forts, upgrade them and build teleporters, but the last one sounds extremely tedious.
This answer will be a bit long, so apologies. I handled overland resting in chapter 3 and 5 by not needing to rest at all. My character was a solo angel oracle, since I was already familiar with the build. The armored character which you probably know already. The intention was to complete Equal to Aroden and Sadistic Game Design simultaneously, but the bug (which I only discovered at the end of the run) laid that plan to rest and I only got EtA as a consequence. As a result of playing solo with the Lame Curse however, from the moment I hit level 15 (which was just before act 3) my character became immune to exhaustion. It meant that I could travel the full length and breadth of the map without ever needing to rest while traveling. I then further optimized my travel times by starting the act by only doing crusade management. I took over all the keeps with my army, skipped days in between and built teleportation circles at Drezen, Yath, Treasonhome and the Camp at the Ferry. By doing this you can greatly reduce the amount of time you spend traveling on the overland map and as a result of this, you are far less likely to be ambushed. Basically, if I could shorten the time to travel by skipping a day and then teleporting, I skipped a day and teleported. I bought out all the scrolls of healing from the vendors and carried them around. This was how I dealt with healing outside of combat. I also bought out scrolls for certain buffs where I felt they were necessary. Haste, Greater Invisibility, etc. These were the bread and butter of the playthrough. Finally, I tried to be clever with the order I completed maps in so I could chain 2-3 of them together per rest. If you are curious how I went about doing that, I can give a zone by zone recount of how I went about clearing areas. In total, here was my rest count for the entire game:
uV0YFn7.png

At some later date I will probably try for SGD again, but with a different build. I will probably still put 1 level into Oracle however, just for the immunity to exhaustion which dramatically lowers the number of times you need to rest.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Aeon is, ironically, the most imbalanced path imo. Up to lvl 9 you're literally dragging yourself and your party, slowly trying to make it to the finish line every encounter.

What are good Mythic paths?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I was considering attempting it after I'm done with my Trickster run. So, just out of curiosity, how did you handle the rest limit in regards with overland travel, especially in ch.3 and 5?

Looking at a save on a previous run just before the final fight, I noticed that I was over the limit and, since I don't really rest inside dungeons, I figure that resting before entering the actual map in order to remove fatigue was what pushed me over.

I see 3 solutions - play Azata to get the song that removes exhausted and fatigued, grab mercy on Seelah and spam that or capture the forts, upgrade them and build teleporters, but the last one sounds extremely tedious.
This answer will be a bit long, so apologies. I handled overland resting in chapter 3 and 5 by not needing to rest at all. My character was a solo angel oracle, since I was already familiar with the build. The armored character which you probably know already. The intention was to complete Equal to Aroden and Sadistic Game Design simultaneously, but the bug (which I only discovered at the end of the run) laid that plan to rest and I only got EtA as a consequence. As a result of playing solo with the Lame Curse however, from the moment I hit level 15 (which was just before act 3) my character became immune to exhaustion. It meant that I could travel the full length and breadth of the map without ever needing to rest while traveling. I then further optimized my travel times by starting the act by only doing crusade management. I took over all the keeps with my army, skipped days in between and built teleportation circles at Drezen, Yath, Treasonhome and the Camp at the Ferry. By doing this you can greatly reduce the amount of time you spend traveling on the overland map and as a result of this, you are far less likely to be ambushed. Basically, if I could shorten the time to travel by skipping a day and then teleporting, I skipped a day and teleported. I bought out all the scrolls of healing from the vendors and carried them around. This was how I dealt with healing outside of combat. I also bought out scrolls for certain buffs where I felt they were necessary. Haste, Greater Invisibility, etc. These were the bread and butter of the playthrough. Finally, I tried to be clever with the order I completed maps in so I could chain 2-3 of them together per rest. If you are curious how I went about doing that, I can give a zone by zone recount of how I went about clearing areas. In total, here was my rest count for the entire game:
uV0YFn7.png

At some later date I will probably try for SGD again, but with a different build. I will probably still put 1 level into Oracle however, just for the immunity to exhaustion which dramatically lowers the number of times you need to rest.

Since you have some info about game, what paths do you like, and what mythic paths you feel are weak?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Since you have some info about game, what paths do you like, and what mythic paths you feel are weak?
I enjoyed playing Demon the most and consider it to be the path with the most flavor, but if you do not rest frequently then its 1 of the weaker paths, because its strengths are all tied to Demonic Rage which is an ability you can use twice per rest. If you ignore the Narrative components then the most consistently strong are Angel and Lich. They are the only mythic paths with a spellbook that ramps up to level 9 spells and the spells inside of their spellbook are exceptionally impactful. If you play them on a full caster and merge spellbooks then they are flat out broken because of how many levels their spellbooks are ahead of the actual content. Azata and Trickster are then both fairly powerful, but for different types of builds. Azata synergizes well with Kineticist, or with casters. Azata casters are not as poweful as a merged spellbook caster on Angel or Lich, but they are the next best thing. Trickster synergizes well with any martial character. With the improved critical line of feats, you can have a crit range of 11-20, 1. Then there is Demon and Aeon, who, out of the early game paths, are in my opinion the weakest. Both of them have some synergies with some builds (demon with kineticist, for example), but for the most part don't really work well with anything. Aeon does have some nice toys later down the line, in particular, its spellbook is in my opinion superior to demons, with spells like edict of predetermination or edict of invulnerability, which are cast as swift actions and have extraordinarily powerful effects (fixing dice rolls to a specific value and making you immune to almost everything respectively), but its even less synergistic with specific classes than demon is. In theory it should be good with minions, but summoners really do not scale well on higher difficulties and the class suffers as a consequence. When it comes to the late game paths, all of them are very rushed and suffer because of this. Out of them legend is the strongest, by virtue of giving you 20 additional levels to play around with, but legend doesn't feel particularly interesting to build.

In terms of their flavor, I found Angel to be the least compelling and I am not sure why people consider it to be 1 of the paths with the most content, when for the most part you end up just going to zones other paths also go to and talking to NPCs available to everyone else. The content available to Angel is the most path agnostic, most of it you will get a hint of when playing other paths. The reverse is not true for other paths. Every path gets to interact with the Hand of the Inheritor or Targona, but Angel is not able to interact with, for example, the Azata's Court. Nothing about Angel stood out as being interesting or inventive to me, it was just a generic good path that gave you what it said on the tin. Aeon on the other hand, was the path I felt the most conflicted about. The time travel segments are interesting, however whenever you were called on to deliver justice I felt like 90% of the dialogue options were written by a mob on twitter, because the conception of justice was about on that level. There was a very clear narrative inconsistency there which just made the whole path feel a bit off. Lich is a generic power fantasy. If you enjoy that kind of story, then it will probably hold your interest. Azata is a different flavor of good to Angel, with a more "screw the rules" approach to solving problems. It has more content than Angel, with the MC receiving an intelligent animal companion which will comment on many of the events which occur within the game. Trickster is the prankster mythic path. I personally do not appreciate the trickster brand of humor, so for me that put me off, but I suppose if this is your style of humor then the path is great. Demon is the evil mythic path played more or less straight. The choices you can make there are mostly motivated by self interest and as expected of an evil path are often not particularly logical, but there is so much reactivity to the demon mythic path in chapter 4 that it makes the path feel much better to play as a consequence. Legend, Swarm, Gold Dragon and Devil only appear in Chapter 5 and so there is not much content allocated to them to comment on. Even then, I didn't play much of any of them although I did try them all for a bit, so I can't really provide much commentary there.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Hadn't considered solo as it's somewhat above my skill level, but maybe I could take a party until Lost Chapel/Drezen then go solo? Would however level up much slower, unfortunately. Well, something to consider nonetheless.
If you want to go solo, I would not recommend going solo later as catching up later will likely be a much bigger struggle than early on. Early on it is actually a fair bit easier than you would think.
Almost every fight in the first act can be auto resolved with scrolls from the scroll merchant. If you aren't trying to gear up a full party, you have a massive surplas of gold you could just hurl at scrolls. With XP sharing off you will very quickly reach level 8 or 9 and completely out level enemies in act 1, at which point every fight is a formality.
I am curious, but would rather have at it myself and compare notes afterwards.

I'm using my current run going as a sort of a dry run - unfortunately I started on custom difficulty (basically core but with additional behaviors turned on and party speed depending on weight turned off) before considering the idea, so it won't count in the end.
I'm just about to do Lost Chapel now, and the rest count looks something like this:
Prologue - 1

Rests Left - 74

Ch.1 - total - 3
Tower of Estrod + Atelier + Wolfie Quest - 1
Market Square + Blackwing Library + Wight Den - 1
Daeran + Gwerm Mansion + Cambion Alchemist + Succubus - 1

Notes:
Skipped Tavern Defense
Kill Shadow Demon in Market Square on the first run

Rests Left - 71

Ch.2 - total -

Cemetery - 0
Houndheart Camp - 1 (fatigue)
Nightingale Grove - 1 (fatigue)
Smilidons - 1 (fatigue)
Gargoyles - 1
Ruins - 1 (fatigue)
Leper's - 1 (fatigue)

Noted where the party was also fatigued
Here is a zone by zone breakdown of how many times I rested. Note, this is not the order I cleared the zones in, simply where I rested and how many times. Some zones I left half way through, went to another zone, cleared out those zones and then came back and so a zone might have additional rests counted towards it due to that.
VV9xNU5.png
Still have to do the ghost, Lost Chapel and Drezen so I estimate some 5 more rests which would bring my total to 11 for ch.2 and 16 total. Guess I can be cautiously optimistic. Of course, not playing with Last Azlanti turned on and having a party helps quite a lot since I can risk brute forcing some parts and saving buffs for later.
Yeah, much of the "challenge" from this kind of run comes from you having to figure out where you want to go and what are the main threats where you are going. For example, before I went to the Tower of Estrod, I knew that
Faxon uses fireball, Shocking Grasp and Acid Arrow.
As a result of that I knew that I needed resistances to various forms of energy to survive the fight comfortably.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
That really, really sucks. More than anything else I was looking forward to the reported difficulty bump :(
just play aeon
Tbh I am sure you can make a ridiculous aeon party with just companions. I was thinking of doing an aeon run before I got distracted with trickster build, and just run Ember, Daeran and Nenio - go for DC gaze (2DC for whole party isn't terrible) and caster level gaze and go from there.

What does mythic suppression do? Can’t find it on wiki.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What does mythic suppression do? Can’t find it on wiki.
Any Mythic levels, abilities and bonuses from those levels and/or abilities are suppressed for as long as the fight goes.

As I posted before: round 1 - Deskari looking cool; round 2 - Deskari looking like a sick puppy looking for his mummy.

Camel

Scholar
It's strange that Ember is a young adult who's implied to be stuck in a childlike mindset but everyone views and refers to her as a small child, must be some weird raven magic. She always takes me right out of the game
Ember is considered a child but she’s voiced by a 42-year-old voice actress using a childish voice.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are no good romances in this game.

This is the game of bromance. Regill, Greybor, Lann and even Woljif.

Lady part is a wreck though. A chaotic good paladin,a nutz spider-thing, a nutz elf witch, a nutz furry wizard and the nutz queen. Also Sosiel.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom