Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
One more thing. Are classes assigned to people at random now? Camellia is a sheltered noble living in a big city, how did she become a Shaman? Llann is a Zen Archer which is a subclass of a monk, but as far as I can tell he was never in a monastic order. Daeran spends most of his time partying but he's also an oracle? Do these words mean anything anymore?
Yeah it's really weird that way but thank god for Respec mod. Also, Lann is Zen probably because he is SELF IMPROOOOVER. And archer is because he is hunter... dunno. He should've been a hunter.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Everything's gotta be a childish, retarded Marvel movie quipfest

Universal, wholesale infantilization of humanity. Grown men playing with colourful ponies. Salivating over anime dolls. China banned soyboys from TV out of desperation. Useless. Resistance is futile. Humanity is leaking testosterone like a shot-up barrel. Two generations from now hormone pumps will stop working for good, puberty ceases being a thing and people will be frozen in a childlike state forever. Age of Kali is coming. Enjoy the ride.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Don't have anything that works, neither spell nor scroll atm. Worth a bother to backtrack later or is the loot meh anyway?

You get a +2 composite bow. I couldn't damage the guy at that point with the stuff I had so I just shot the arrow that never misses and always does 50 damage, then finished it off with magic missile scrolls. Hope I don't need that arrow later.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Recruit many Hellknights. They make alot of the Tactical Battles in Chapter 2 much easier, the Clerics aren't good for anything but tanking Gargoyles.

Parabalus

Arcane
HUGE decline:

Arcane essences now stack, which means they no longer tell you where you found them.

There are 5 in C1, and you really want to find them for spoilery reasons.
What's that?
Magic Essence, check your "notable" items. You use it to
get items from the storyteller

You can find some later, but the Storyteller

disappears for the entirety of C2, and some of C3, so you're left without the holy symbol.

Sunri

Liturgist
6UySvLW.png

No clue what I'm supposed to be doing here (you just take damage when you try to clear the blockage).
detect invisible spoiler

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why are the bad guys just telling you their plans? I love this Scooby Doo shit writing. This is almost as bad as Diablo 3's writing. The only thing left to do is read Dear Diary messages from the lords of Hell.
That's called EXPOSITON. It's important clue for books and movies because otherwise a person who is reading them, or watching them will not have any clue what's happening.

Parabalus

Arcane
So has anyone figured out how to get to that chest guarded by a shadow demon?
The one in the basement?
Detect invisibility or some similar shit to spot the fucker, and then you need to hit him very hard with weapons.
Don't have anything that works, neither spell nor scroll atm. Worth a bother to backtrack later or is the loot meh anyway?

You can use Light of Heaven on your main PC, you have it from the prologue.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Boy, don't roll a mage. Combat on core so far have been a pain since nobody can carry the weak mages and it seems all I get from the companions is some form of mage like class that dies so as soon a demon looks at them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Female. Drow. Paladin.
Your pc?
No, just a collection of words that will trigger people ;d My PC is actually a Cleric/Rogue (shocking, I know) going for being a Legend. Speaking of the mythic paths, they feel very limiting. Most character concepts which are actual people and not caricatures won't fit into any of the non-Legend mythic paths.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Boy, don't roll a mage. Combat on core so far have been a pain since nobody can carry the weak mages and it seems all I get from the companions is some form of mage like class that dies so as soon a demon looks at them.
Chapter 1 is a real wash if you rolled a Mage (Like I Did). Things get better in Chapter 2, but beware; random encounters on the streets can be brutal if you're unlucky with what demons you get.

Lamiosa

Educated
Mages scale really well, lots of interesting mythic feats and abilities for them. Melee characters don't have many though, in my opinion only last stand is really good.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Why are the bad guys just telling you their plans? I love this Scooby Doo shit writing. This is almost as bad as Diablo 3's writing. The only thing left to do is read Dear Diary messages from the lords of Hell.
That's called EXPOSITON. It's important clue for books and movies because otherwise a person who is reading them, or watching them will not have any clue what's happening.

Go back ~20 years and you would think it was a solved problem in video games.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
For those just getting into the game don't do what I did and play the tavern defense quest in turn-based, you will thank me later.
By the way is there a point to the tower museum key? I looked around the place a few times and couldn't find out what to do with it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
View attachment 20683

Lol. I think the meme of Russian devs being "based" (or at least being hands-off) can be buried now.

Yep. I will be honest. Kingmaker had way better companions. Jubilost, Linzi, the DLC tiefling, even teh companions which I din't liked like Octavia, I liked her story. This game, I only liked Arueshalae, Regil and and Ember(A bit) so far.

Vanpier necromance doesn't sound very straight, my dude.

Strahd in 2E disagrees. SAdly in 5E he is too sissy and weak

Boy, don't roll a mage. Combat on core so far have been a pain since nobody can carry the weak mages

Just endure. When you get animate dead and other mid level spells, mages become way better. Also, play smart on low levels. For example, exploiter wizards can use powerful exploits and will not run out of spells as quickly as another low level magic user. Instead of fireballs and other offensive spells, buff your party members. You will gonna be way more useful casting mirror image in your self, enlarge person in your companion, blur, etc.

Also, turn off XP sharing and hire a merc. I'm playing as a Cruomancer and reached tier 8 magic in chapter 2 by merging my spellbook with Lich.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
EVERYONE WATCH OUT DEMONS ARE COMING!!!

*proceeds to camp for 2 days before transitioning to the next zone*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom