Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
Athletics 1 and 2. Mobility 2, trickery 1 and 2 and persuasion 1 can all be gotten at M4 (so a combination of two skill dependant tricks at M4), they all require steep skill checks.
Mobility 2 doesn't require skill checks. Persuasion 1's check isn't that steep. Athletics 2 is not a priority until mythic rank 6 at the earliest. Like I said you can build for using that +3 but more often than not you won't.

volklore

Arcane
Athletics 1 and 2. Mobility 2, trickery 1 and 2 and persuasion 1 can all be gotten at M4 (so a combination of two skill dependant tricks at M4), they all require steep skill checks.
Mobility 2 doesn't require skill checks. Persuasion 1's check isn't that steep. Athletics 2 is not a priority until mythic rank 6 at the earliest. Like I said you can build for using that +3 but more often than not you won't.
Mobility 2 requires a skill check. 'avoiding attacks of opportunity' means beating the enemy CMD with a mobility check when moving out of enemy threat range using 'acrobatic movement' stance ability. It's probably the most skill check reliant trickster ability because large demons have insane CMD.

Delterius

Arcane
Mobility 2 requires a skill check. 'avoiding attacks of opportunity' means beating the enemy CMD with a mobility check when moving out of enemy threat range using 'acrobatic movement' stance ability. It's probably the most skill check reliant trickster ability because large demons have insane CMD.
You're right. I thought that mobility 1 already pretty much made you immune to attacks of opportunity. My mistake.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How is mirror image worthless in act 5? There are monsters in Threshold that don't pierce it. And like Volklore says getting it at M1 is huge. You know, because the start of the game is the hardest part. +3 stackable to all skills doesn't interest you but getting an ability that replicates a buff that everyone gets anyway is super good....I don't get that. Also the dispel thing is overstated.

The Gore attack is very nice, that's probably what I would get otherwise.

By Act V you should really have other ways to access mirror image if you really need it, and it's defintely easier than getting another attack.

Also, when you get mirror images naturally, having an extra 3 per day is NOT useless.

I never found myself saying "oh shuck I finished my mirror image casting spells better rest" in 150+ hours.

axedice

Cipher
BTW all companions can tank unfair with 80+ AC and a bunch of immunities with the right setup. Seelah, camellia and wenduag/lann are the best bets though, since they only have 1 level at their base class. Camellia is good at this even with her base class, but a tank without any other utility is a no go for unfair imo.

I can get Lann and Wenduag and Camellia to over 80 ac but how do you do it with Seelah? Also Camellia's utility is stabbing people and having frightful aspect so you can get shatter without dirge of doom or a divine caster running up.

With Seelah, you have to make Desiderius cry

522a0PY.jpg

At lvl20 she's : 13 pally/5 alchemist/1 oracle / 1 monk pajama tank

11 pally is base for mark of justice, that was the whole reason I recruited her. Then I gave her 2 more levels to get another greater angelic aspect in the party for cold/acid immunity.
5 Alchemist (chirurgeon or sth) was to get cognatogen charisma bonus for MoJ. The added AC helps, but infinite true strikes/Shield and exp. retreat is the MVP here. Chirurgeon for free skill focus : religion feat
1 oracle for nature's whispers (Nature oracle revelation that gives cha to AC instead of dex to AC). I choose enlightened philosopher to get a free knowledge : world skill focus.
1 monk is scaled fist obviously. She's a pajama tank, but she does an OK job for a party wide +11 AB dispenser.

Camellia is the best tank if you want to roll with base classes for some roleplaying reasons, but other than that frightful presence can be cast on anyone, and she does lack some key buff spells like death ward / life bubble / heroism etc. I prefer brown-fur transmuter tanks to give the entire party elemental and crit immunities, so I rolled Wenduag as one :

Q0Vyu4J.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane
I don't even know if Persuasion 1 uses ranks or total value (and I even had it lol). Anyway I agree it's not worthless. But I keep seeing more value in other mythic abilities, and if you plan to switch to a "prestige" mythic path later (GD, legend, swarm, devil), then sorry, it becomes worthless (3 mirror image/day in Act V is near 0 value).
(I did pick bit of fun, but just because I thought it was a requirement for going trickster, then I regretted it for the rest of the game when I discovered it wasn't).

It uses total value, combine with Thug for a very easy first round.

It also works(ed) when your main PC is in another map, so like in the Arena or camp ambush, which is very handy.

Both persuade 2 and 3 used rank, they're trash.

Delterius

Arcane
Persuasion 3
It doesn't use ranks. At least it is not supposed to.
You are so good at demoralizing your enemies that they lose the will to live. Enemies that fail their saving throw against your demoralize ability must spend their first round making a Coup de Grace against themselves.
The problem is that it is straight up not working atm + if they get paralyzed they can't coup de grace themselves. So you have this odd situation where Persuasion 3 can insta kill Demon Lords but can't insta kill their mooks.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
BTW all companions can tank unfair with 80+ AC and a bunch of immunities with the right setup. Seelah, camellia and wenduag/lann are the best bets though, since they only have 1 level at their base class. Camellia is good at this even with her base class, but a tank without any other utility is a no go for unfair imo.

I can get Lann and Wenduag and Camellia to over 80 ac but how do you do it with Seelah? Also Camellia's utility is stabbing people and having frightful aspect so you can get shatter without dirge of doom or a divine caster running up.

With Seelah, you have to make Desiderius cry

At lvl20 she's : 13 pally/5 alchemist/1 oracle / 1 monk pajama tank

11 pally is base for mark of justice, that was the whole reason I recruited her. Then I gave her 2 more levels to get another greater angelic aspect in the party for cold/acid immunity.
5 Alchemist (chirurgeon or sth) was to get cognatogen charisma bonus for MoJ. The added AC helps, but infinite true strikes/Shield and exp. retreat is the MVP here. Chirurgeon for free skill focus : religion feat
1 oracle for nature's whispers (Nature oracle revelation that gives cha to AC instead of dex to AC). I choose enlightened philosopher to get a free knowledge : world skill focus.
1 monk is scaled fist obviously. She's a pajama tank, but she does an OK job for a party wide +11 AB dispenser.

Camellia is the best tank if you want to roll with base classes for some roleplaying reasons, but other than that frightful presence can be cast on anyone, and she does lack some key buff spells like death ward / life bubble / heroism etc. I prefer brown-fur transmuter tanks to give the entire party elemental and crit immunities, so I rolled Wenduag as one :

Very creative builds, nice :o

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
+2 Glorious Beard?!? What?!? XD
There are no razors in Neathholm.

Also, I think on difficulties from Core and above any companion without multiclassing should be insta-killed after Trickster gets Mythic rank 8. And all their equipment converted into a Steam card.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Microscopic proportion and glorious beards were the only exclusive trickster spells I used beside trick of fate, never used a summon.
The pit spell had a too low DC, and I tried the halbeard a couple of times and it always missed :(

axedice

Cipher
The dex bonus from microscopic proportions and reduce person stack. Size bonus to AC does not stack as expected. Also if you cast microscopic proportions first, then legendary proportions, you keep the dex bonus and grow to legendary size, as the spell takes your base size into account. Weapon damage rolls, reach, size malus to attack and str bonuses are all according to legend size.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Got to act 5 with my azata sword saint. Kinda torn between legend and azata for the final act. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure legend is stronger, and leveling to 40 seems cool. Otoh, the real mythic path is the friends you make along the way, and I don't want Aivu to go away :(

Edit: made a permanent save to check out legend. You do ~3 fights and then you get ~15 character levels instantly. Crazy. At the same time, I have no idea what to pick. For now I'm a sword saint20/student of war10/mutation warrior 3.

Last edited:

Supermedo

Augur
Huh, I'm just 5 hours in and for me the wrath of the righteous seems harder than kingmaker, I don't remember my ass getting handed to me this early with kingmaker.

So playing at core the demons are resistant to any damage that isn't dealt with cold iron which make all ranged/Spellcasters useless against them and I only have two melee characters so is there way to do ranged damage against demons

Delterius

Arcane
Huh, I'm just 5 hours in and for me the wrath of the righteous seems harder than kingmaker, I don't remember my ass getting handed to me this early with kingmaker.

So playing at core the demons are resistant to any damage that isn't dealt with cold iron which make all ranged/Spellcasters useless against them and I only have two melee characters so is there way to do ranged damage against demons
Early on you might wanna look into Cold Iron Javelins and other throwing weapons. Grab a mythic feat called Ascendant Element as soon as you get your first mythic level if you really want to nuke with magic.

Last edited:

purupuru

Learned

You have the
talking weapon
which is cold iron, I always turn it into a ranged weapon for the first chapter. Also there is a free +3 (and therefore qualifies as cold iron) composite longbow if you
Kill Kayleesa in the marketplace

Buy some cold iron arrows. They are cheap and there's enough of them to last you to chapter 2, when you can get something to work around that problem.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Got to act 5 with my azata sword saint. Kinda torn between legend and azata for the final act. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure legend is stronger, and leveling to 40 seems cool. Otoh, the real mythic path is the friends you make along the way, and I don't want Aivu to go away :(

Edit: made a permanent save to check out legend. You do ~3 fights and then you get ~15 character levels instantly. Crazy. At the same time, I have no idea what to pick. For now I'm a sword saint20/student of war10/mutation warrior 3.

Picked Legend path as well, I'm a 20 Dhampir battle scion/10 Dragon Disciple/7 Eldritch Knight.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nope lol. It just works if you are under a poly effect like DKIII or Kitsune human form.
Kitsunes simply can do it cheaper, easier and earlier. For anyone else, only need lvl 9 brown fur since Animal Aspect line of spells are transmutation school, don't change your form and count as polymorph effects.
So I tested this, Greater Animal Aspect does NOT trigger effects which activate under polymorph effects. So I don't know where you got your information from, but you are wrong.

Well, try regular Animal Aspect maybe? The level 2 spell?
Works for my Kitsune. Granted it kinda reverts human form to Kitsune. Which I like, as I keep the Bite and, more importantly, Pounce.

Btw, thanks for the heads up about the Retriever Shirt, Yosh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom