Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
zTdIjPq.jpg

How do you actually do 4 rerolls for weirds? Some azata stuff?

Azata Favorable magic = reroll
Persistent metamagic + favorable metamagic = reroll
Arcane Metamagic from Phantasmal mage = Another reroll

I never did a phantasmal mage cuz I don't play with manlets(despite Gnomes being the unique manlet race which should be allowed to life), so I'm not sure if is 4 saves but in theory is. Maybe Arcane metmagic can't stack with persistent magic. Anyone here wanna play as a Phantasmal Mage to answer?

Sadly there's no favorable metamagic for persistent metamagic. I hope they will add it.
So no right now, you can't do it.
Also favorable metamagic is -1, while persistent is +2 so unless combining completely normal of trickster would not work even if added.

Supermedo

Augur
WTF!!
Lann dies on me because of his stupid plan to Leeory Jenkins a demon, I googled and it seems you need to make Lann chieftain in Act 4 to survive the encounter, but it never came up for me at all, I got the quest for his mother but where the fuck it happens to make Lann a Chieftain in act 4
Is this game in purpose fucking up my damage dealers in purpose
Making him chief is in act 3 and I've never had an issue with this option not appearing. You need to talk to him after getting the mongrels to Drezen, maybe you skipped this? I'm not 100% sure if his mother quest is related to the mongrel quest in terms of when it triggers.
It seems there was companion quest for him in Act 4, he leaves a bottle and note and I was supposed to meet him outside the tavern, this didn't trigger for me for some reason, he was always there in the Nexus not to mention hand of the inheritor was always telling me that a companion wants to talk.

I guess it didn't trigger because I didn't make him Chief.

WTF!!
Lann dies on me because of his stupid plan to Leeory Jenkins a demon, I googled and it seems you need to make Lann chieftain in Act 4 to survive the encounter, but it never came up for me at all, I got the quest for his mother but where the fuck it happens to make Lann a Chieftain in act 4

If all you are worried about is about the manpower you lose you know you can just create mercs and they will be a lot more optimized, well as long as you know what your are doing ofc, but that also applies for companions.

PSA: Best DPS is INT 8 wizard with 18 strength and a STAFF, it gets STR 1.5 dmg bonus :bounce:
I'm going to postpone his quest till end of Act 5 and let the idiot commit suicide and replace him with another Zen Archer.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
WTF!!
Making him chief is in act 3 and I've never had an issue with this option not appearing. You need to talk to him after getting the mongrels to Drezen, maybe you skipped this? I'm not 100% sure if his mother quest is related to the mongrel quest in terms of when it triggers.

When mongrels appear in Drezen?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I got back to playing WoTR after some time. Could someone clarify please - have some ability checks been reworked so that they don't give EXP reward anymore? Or maybe it is a bug or something in the menus maybe? Perception based discoveries haven't given me anything so far, same with opening locks. Only disarming traps, Religion check and something duscussion based (I think it was Persuasion) gave some EXP during the first three levels.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got back to playing WoTR after some time. Could someone clarify please - have some ability checks been reworked so that they don't give EXP reward anymore? Or maybe it is a bug or something in the menus maybe? Perception based discoveries haven't given me anything so far, same with opening locks. Only disarming traps, Religion check and something duscussion based (I think it was Persuasion) gave some EXP during the first three levels.

Perception noticing things has never given XP, the reward is the discovery.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Perception noticing things has never given XP, the reward is the discovery.
O.O I must've had some psychedelic tea in the meantime then. Thanks for clarifying.

Inf0mercial

Augur
So i did the final Trickster fight

an hour it took me now granted half of that was me refusing to rest properly because i got super close like 3-4 times as in winning but poison killing main char, playing on core but i can't imagine just stumbling across this fight not optimized at all, funnily enough i won with only seelah and regil making their saves 42dc fort or 3 mins of frozen and an aoe that stops all spells that increase fort saves seems great, seelah had brilliant plus 5 scythe with some 18-20 crit and crusaders edge got some lucky hits and finished it quick with zero deaths, regil teaching moment is i can't imagine doing it without that for two rolls for the save

Hot take, maybe 10 lines of dialog and no auto save before a boss fight starts is bad maybe?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I started playing again. Performance seems a bit better. So anyway...

spidercat-waifu.jpg

I'm so touched I wrote a beautiful love song for my blue waifu:

We're gonna be together
spidercat lady... ♪
Together forever
spidercat lady... ♪

I make YOUR heart so SOFT
with MY dick so HARD
Long legs are my fetish
so I'm singing like a bard

Forever...
Spidercat lady... ♪

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

spidercat-waifu.jpg

We're gonna be together
spidercat lady... ♪
Together forever
spidercat lady... ♪

I make your heart so soft
with my dick so hard
Long legs are my fetish

Forever... ♪
Spidercat lady... ♪
I'm not sure I'm satisfied with the "Long legs are my fetish" verse. It's too subtle.
Maybe I should go for something like "I'm a leg man (and you have eight of them)".
Or maybe I should focus on Daddy Long Legs pun - "You like to call me daddy, long legs are my thing".
It sort of work both ways now, but only for high IQ people.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

spidercat-waifu.jpg

We're gonna be together
spidercat lady... ♪
Together forever
spidercat lady... ♪

I make your heart so soft
with my dick so hard
Long legs are my fetish

Forever... ♪
Spidercat lady... ♪
I'm not sure I'm satisfied with the "Long legs are my fetish" verse. It's too subtle.
Maybe I should go for something like "I'm a leg man (and you have eight of them)".
Or maybe I should focus on Daddy Long Legs pun - "You like to call me daddy, long legs are my thing".
It sort of work both ways now, but only for high IQ people.

10 legs, not 8. :rpgcodex:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

spidercat-waifu.jpg

We're gonna be together
spidercat lady... ♪
Together forever
spidercat lady... ♪

I make YOUR heart so soft
with MY dick so hard
Long legs are my fetish

Forever...
Spidercat lady... ♪
crange my dude. so crange. C-R-A-N-G-E

Merry Christmas =)

Aarwolf

Learned

I had the same issue/bug in my last playthrough. Had to resort to ToyBox (I didn't have the willpower to go back to Act 3, when it's supposed to happen) and all played well. It was strange, because in all my subsequent playthroughs that was never an issue and I had this questline somewhere in the beggining of Act 3.

Tl;dr: Act 4 or 5 is too late, you can't change it ingame aside of using toybox.

Supermedo

Augur
Just finished The Enigma, Seriously fuck whoever designed this map I spent almost an hour to find 7th blue essence and because I found one behind a hidden wall it made me paranoid and had to sweep the entire map to find the last blue thingy, turns out it was in forbidden chamber, I didn't notice it.
Still fuck this shit and fuck me for trying to solve all puzzles by myself, I spent like 4 hours or more in this map.

Supermedo

Augur

I had the same issue/bug in my last playthrough. Had to resort to ToyBox (I didn't have the willpower to go back to Act 3, when it's supposed to happen) and all played well. It was strange, because in all my subsequent playthroughs that was never an issue and I had this questline somewhere in the beggining of Act 3.

Tl;dr: Act 4 or 5 is too late, you can't change it ingame aside of using toybox.
That what I'm planning to do, I actually manually saved before the end of each act, I reload one in act 3 and tried to talk to Saul and Lann, nothing triggered or happened even with skipping multiple days so it seems it is bugged even though I mad lann makeup with his mother so I guess is just bad luck.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Can someone please explain. Not only my character, I kid you not, rng'ed 3-5 for six times in a row(!?) for an attack roll, and the three Shadows I've fought rolled 17-19 all the time, but this? Shadow has no DR. I've a magical weapon equipped. 1d10+5 ... 3 dmg... I don't get it. Also I really didn't miss this about the game :( however good it is in other regards.

aaa.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Get Finnean from the ruined shop. It can morph into any weapon and has Ghost Touch.
Very handy against such enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom