Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Technomancer Savant

Technomancer
    What is the max this time, V or X?

^ Top  
  2. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It is 8.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    5 in act 3, 8 at the end of the game.

Imo the only one that is "hard" to raise is leadership. Diplomacy is trivial to max, logistics requires that you spam a lot of buildings (you need to construct something in like 80% of all available slots, so pick whatever is cheap), military needs a little bit of waiting or buying some mercs. Leadership requires that you kill everything on the map, but even then you'll only be at level 4 or something, so you have to also wait a lot of time to kill the demon armies that spawn to attack you.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Ok this game gets more broken all the time. I found another fun combination for a fire mage. Mallander's Insult belt lets you do another 2d6 unholy damage with every fire spell. If you cast spells like Scorching ray it gives that extra 2d6 per ray. Now if you add Ring of Pyromania to this mix, this 2d6 is also added another time to the bonus damage you get from the ring lol. So basically every Scorching Ray does 4d6+1 + 1d6+5 and 4d6 times 3 rays lol. Now bolster this, empower it and maximize it :)

• Yes x 2
    • Balanced x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Efe Erudite

Efe
    if this is true, just buy generals and do the decree that gives them xp
    you probably lead whole army with 1 fireballer and thats why you have low leadership

^ Top  
  6. Mr. Magniloquent Arcane Patron

Mr. Magniloquent
    That would probably work the same with magic missle and elemental bloodline (fire). 5d4+15+5(4d6+8) = 80-195. Empowered 80-245. Not bad for a level 1 spell. As a trickster it could use a level 2 spell slot. As an azata it could hit 2 targets. Probably want to check me on my math.

• Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. panda Savant

panda
    Not bad, but for rays you can add Aspect of the Asp
    • Grants +2 DC on poison spells, all ray spells deal additonal damage (1d6 + 1 per 2 caster levels) points of acid damage)
    which is already ok by itself, AND THEN should also auto trigger Elemental Barrage for another potential 30d6.

• nice nice x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There's a decree that gives generals xp?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Depends on if changing damage type into fire makes the spell be considered a fire spell (it all depends on how it is coded). Also Shield spell is common in large parts of the game. You have to waste an action trying to dispel that first.

^ Top  
  10. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I think that Meredoth was talking about this awhile back and it not working. Like the spell descriptor is fire or something and only the damage type changes, not the descriptor. Is that right, Meredoth?

^ Top  
  11. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Elemental Bloodline (Fire) Arcana does not work on Magic Missile. It is Force spell, but only Energy spells could be conversed into Fire.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Supermedo Scholar

Supermedo
    Which companion can be the best healing/support character?

^ Top  
  13. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Daeran or Sosiel. Ember's alright.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Conversion I believe that only works for non persistent evocation spells which deals elemental damage. IDK if works in magic missile. But it doesn't work in Acid fog for eg. Doesn't work in Sirroco(only first turn) and so on.

• Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. PrK Learned Patron

PrK
    Daeran has ludicrous healing. For support it depends on what you want, but all full casters can be great support characters, plus Arue has Hunter's Bond, Seelah has Mark of Justice, Regill can get Inspiring Command. If you want specifically one character that only heals and buffs, probably Sosiel with Domain Zealot.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Daeran is better at both healing and buffing as he has so many spell slots and he is a spontaneous caster. Also you can pick up for him a second Mystery and give him Barkskin as well. At that point he has all the buffs you ever need.
    Sosiel is better as a Glaive wielding support combat cleric. Just give him Sorcereous Reflex so he can free cast Divine Favor or Divine Power at start of every battle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. plem Novice

plem
    Seelah is quite useful with her aura and lay on hands, and though they're half-casters paladins get some great buff spells including class exclusive ones like bestow grace and aura of greater courage

if you're multiclassing, then Lann can make a great ecclesitheurge cleric since he doesn't care about the armor restriction and adds his wisdom to AC and attack rolls. his charisma sucks for channel healing but some of the domain abilities are amazing

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    There's also things like Gloves of Neophyte and Robe of Arcane Annihiliation that boosts the dice themselves, and stack with sneak dice as well. How powerful can you make a level 0 fire converted snowball I wonder.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Claiming that Daeran is better at buffing means missing the huge impact of multiple Domains (with Domain Zealot).

• No No x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    There is one huge problem with Domain Zealot - it eats Mythic feats along with Impossible domain and with sheer amount of time we spend with Mythic Rank < 6 (like 50-80 hours into the game) taking them means delaying either extra spell slots or Enduring Spells. And I would rate Enduring Spells on Divine Caster >>> Anything from Domains.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    I think the majority of players build Sosiel as a round-based buffer. Like Tristian was in Kingmaker; most of the time he cast Touch of Good on one of the party members who actually did something.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Which is a mistake because a properly buffed cleric based on Strength and with Two Handed weapon is a beast.

• Deus Vult Deus Vult x 2
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    I think this is incorrect.
    Community domain gives the entire party(WIS Modifier, so easily at least +7) sacred (realistically stacks with everything) bonus to attack rolls and saving throws. This is insanely good against various bosses who all have 50+AC. Enduring spells are nice, but at the same time, does it matter that much if your spells last 3 hours or 24 hours? Or 15 minutes vs 24 hours? You really aren't that limited for rests, it's more annoying to have to rest and rebuff than any sort of gameplay penalty.

Community domain is an outlier in terms of usefulness though, iirc nothing else really comes close except maybe the one that gives an animal companion.

^ Top  
  24. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    My Skald Seelah gives 12 AB to all party each fight.
    +5 Reckless Stance
    +5 Inspire Ferocity
    +2 Call to Violence cloak
    And she even gives +4-5 Will Save with the same button, and realistically, it is an only save that matter.

I am not limited to my rests but I usually rest 0-1 times per dungeon and ability that I could only use once (If I don't forget about it) is kinda worthless in comparison.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Y not both?

With Domain Zealot you use domain buffs as Swift Actions and can still stand behind the tank and swing that glaive or something, while debuffing enemies with Archons Aura and Frightful Aspect.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.