Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Shitting on bad writing is fine, but it seems like some newfags decided that RPG Codex is their personal crying booth about the fall of the western civilization. Guess what - it is not. Codex was created to discuss how gut or shit games are without developers moderating such things because they are too hot; not to be used as toilet paper for your constant hammering over N G & R keys on the keyboard for the lulz (even officialo Codex rules state that while there can be lulz, the original idea is not about actual lulz).

If anyone of you morons think that someone should be punished for not engaging into your screeching degeneracy about how you were punished by evil russkies on steam for crying about gay and prefers to play necromancers on storymode instead, I can only propose you to go and take a walk on your Capitol again, because it would be more productive and lean us a lot more lulz, than yet another self flagellation how you hate the poz, but still downloaded/pirated the game and can't beat the tutorial.

And if you insist on continuing that endless drivel, at least be a productive members and press the Report Bugs button for my Christmas 5 witches playthrough. I want a less buggy game when I engage into my azata lesbian romances.
This reminds me, I came up with a Russian translation of Paladindu: "Негрыцарь".

I just killed the water elemental. It's a luck battle basically. Buff Lann with Enlarge Person, use Light of the Angel liberally, have Seelah chug a potion of Shield of Faith (very important), and hope the elemental doesn't crit her. I also summoned a creature with Camellia, but it died very fast. Oh, I also used Luck on everyone during the battle. I'm not sure what else I could've done here, I just reloaded until Seelah wasn't one-shot. There's loot in there too.
When Camellia gets to lvl2 you can pick "Evil Eye", an ability which allows you to debuff AC or Attack rolls, or Saving throws by -2, per your choice. It's either multiple rounds on a failed save, or one round on a successfull save. Quite overpowered.

Overpowered? It's mind affecting so plenty of things immune.
It ticks up to -4 at lvl eight and you can use Cackle to extend on made save if you like that.

It's a waste on Cam since she gets Hampering Hex from her Battle Spirit which is -2 AC but not mind affecting.

I like Iceplant early to help her in melee. She does really well there with Fencing Grace and fighting Reduced.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Um, git gud?
Um, git fuckd?

I'm didn't rage at the combat encounter, I did so at the unskippable cutscene and inane dialogue. The retartet NPC companion which I sent away immediately was just salt in the wound.

"I'm gonna take control and cram that witty shit I came up with in your face, because it's so smart, and I'm so smart" is bad RPG design.

She's not so smart, she's a Sperg.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Shitting on bad writing is fine, but it seems like some newfags decided that RPG Codex is their personal crying booth about the fall of the western civilization. Guess what - it is not. Codex was created to discuss how gut or shit games are without developers moderating such things because they are too hot; not to be used as toilet paper for your constant hammering over N G & R keys on the keyboard for the lulz (even officialo Codex rules state that while there can be lulz, the original idea is not about actual lulz).

If anyone of you morons think that someone should be punished for not engaging into your screeching degeneracy about how you were punished by evil russkies on steam for crying about gay and prefers to play necromancers on storymode instead, I can only propose you to go and take a walk on your Capitol again, because it would be more productive and lean us a lot more lulz, than yet another self flagellation how you hate the poz, but still downloaded/pirated the game and can't beat the tutorial.

And if you insist on continuing that endless drivel, at least be a productive members and press the Report Bugs button for my Christmas 5 witches playthrough. I want a less buggy game when I engage into my azata lesbian romances.
This reminds me, I came up with a Russian translation of Paladindu: "Негрыцарь".

I just killed the water elemental. It's a luck battle basically. Buff Lann with Enlarge Person, use Light of the Angel liberally, have Seelah chug a potion of Shield of Faith (very important), and hope the elemental doesn't crit her. I also summoned a creature with Camellia, but it died very fast. Oh, I also used Luck on everyone during the battle. I'm not sure what else I could've done here, I just reloaded until Seelah wasn't one-shot. There's loot in there too.
When Camellia gets to lvl2 you can pick "Evil Eye", an ability which allows you to debuff AC or Attack rolls, or Saving throws by -2, per your choice. It's either multiple rounds on a failed save, or one round on a successfull save. Quite overpowered.

The sleep hex is also useful.

Of course you are not. This means you are either a) a completely clueless normie (unlikely) or b) a somewhat more apathetic shit-lib who doesn't have to live next to, interact with, or be a part of any of the destructive decision making of your more activist / aggressive brethren that you are well aware of, but blissfully ignore since you are far removed from the consequences. It is easy to be non-committal when imported nigs and other assorted low IQ society drainers are not your neighbors. When your child isn't force fed drag queen story hour and Heather Has Two Mommies 24x7x365 from Kindergarten through College.

Said another way-- You are a useless eater consoomer and a fence sitter and should get the bullet by either one side or the other for your pathetic apathetic and quite frankly immoral stance. More clear now???
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! You can see American liberal fluoride stare when they are chop with hatchet for rainbow coastal taxi fare! You can! I did see American video nonsense anon! I did! It is many such cases concrete jungle nonsense anon! It is! You are a good anon!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-4_22-4-42.png

AN ENTIRE CLASS BUILT AROUND A HALFLING RIDING A DOG?! HOLY FUCKING MOLY SIGN ME UP.

8jsf7r9mg8u31.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Beta players : I'm playing as a non-lifer since this game was launched, skipped the gym two days(I work out every day), 'm sleeping way less and now I'm in chapter 4. Already meet the

Storyteller in mage's tower

I'm close to end of chapter 4? I really wanna to get lich transformation. BTW the best romanceable option is the brothel like IRL. No compromises and a lot of chicks to chose.

Rieser

Scholar
Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one with this issue with the Crusader Army battles.

Many of the early low level demon armies have gargoyles in them. About ~30. Gargoyles are extremely resilient and can fly. Taking them down with the available troops (archers, footmen, hellknights in my case) takes AGES. There is no tactic or trick or weakness I could use to speed this up. I can't even LOSE the battle if I just keep clicking attack for 10 minutes straight because they can't really damage by units either. And to add insult to injury, you usually get all the troops back as long as the stack itself survives.

Don't you have clerics? Do you lose out on that if doing the hellknight quest (I opted out)? Clerics will fuck 'em up with their Smite. I do agree that it is too much of a slog though.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
i can't even...

Liches can reproduce. Is one reason which sorcerers of undead bloodline exists. BTW, In Generic WoW Clone : Conan Edition, you can get a STD as a Lich.

There is zero merc support. They pretty much suck.

No. I have a kineticist and a primal druid merc and both are great.

Just hire mercenaries?

IMO OwlCat should make less expensive to hire mercs, so I can have a custom party since lv 1.

quick question, since I've basically decided to replay a whole chunk of the game.
Is there any downside if I do trick the fuckers in the Library to go for the Grey Garrison?

Like, they go there and do what? Destroy something that could be of use to me later? Or just start some in-fight with some other enemies?

Rieser

Scholar
quick question, since I've basically decided to replay a whole chunk of the game.
Is there any downside if I do trick the fuckers in the Library to go for the Grey Garrison?

Like, they go there and do what? Destroy something that could be of use to me later? Or just start some in-fight with some other enemies?

They'll make you skip a fight basically, by accidentally blowing themselves and some other enemies to pieces (you can still loot all their shit).

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's also a prerequisite if you want to go for the Trickster mythic path.

Generic-Giant-Spider

So far I think Kingmaker had way better companions. The blackadin has such obnoxious voice acting in particular. I have completely ignored the trap disarming and just use her as the pinhead to walk into them. Lann is also a loser. Didn't like that fucker from the second my eyes saw his portrait.

Spider girl is cool but I miss Jaethal.

Parabalus

Arcane
One other thing that is slightly annoying is the UI button placement. The inspection and select-all buttons should be over near the character portraits, where the stealth and AI buttons are.

Stealth and AI are the worst because they have no hotkeys, just press it for inspect.

It is a --baffling-- oversight, especially stealth. The fact that a mod had to be made with Unity Mod Manager to enable a stealth hotkey and they STILL don't have one in the 2nd game. Does. Not. Compute.

ALways amazed me the way people played IE games on the few occasions I watched them on Youtube. Everything was done on the mouse. I used almost every single key on the keyboard for the IE games and mostly used the mouse just for scrolling and targetting. Not having hotkeys for essential things like stealth is just bad design, inefficient, and poor gameplay from a design point of view and a gaming one.

The IE games with the F# hotkeys for the hotbar are a bit dated though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I killed the last boss in the labyrinth - it's another luck-based fight and it's done in such a way as to maximally disadvantage you. You start off in a surprise round, so you can't even attack properly or position yourself correctly. Then the second phase starts which is another surprise round. I had to reload like 10 times before Seelah or myself don't get one-shot from either the boss or from spoiler (I guess?). And Seelah has 29 AC, I don't think it's possible to get it higher at this point.

All in all, I didn't like the labyrinth much, too many pointless battles, and the ones which weren't pointless were decided on luck. It also looks like someone's basement. The end revelations were ok
and is spiderlady hinting that she took Lann's virginity? I didn't need to know that
, but I don't have an emotional attachment to any of these characters yet, so they were kinda there. Also not very surprising,
the spiderlady's motivations were obviously a lie from the very beginning
. Meh.

Zeriel

Arcane
So you are saying, if people would present u with black paladin in game, but state nothing, you and other very apolitical gamers would not say a thing?
just like with, say, idk, a black ranger in PKM? :shittydog:

Also, it wasn't much about politiks, but that AB is surprised that in Pathfinder, demon beheads dragon and he meets a fox mage. Whats up with such a desire to have supra serious writing in RPGs? You had not enough Poe/Numa/other trash taking itself seriously as if they're grand philosophers?

It's a self-reinforcing problem. The more people become aware of it, the more it taints even innocent examples. That's not an example of the person perceiving being wrong--it's an example of them having been "activated" by political zealots and no longer being able to go back to naivete. It's actually a demonstration of why you shouldn't do this in the first place, because it's not that just that you project your own political beliefs onto others, it is that they in future are on the lookout for that.

jackofshadows

Magister
"Негроладин" then. Or even "Негредин".

With all these timers and shit I went to Tiefling's quest then to the market square, then to the tower and head back right away to rest and now... I've nowhere to go. No big deal ofc have to just wait I guess but that's some fuck-up.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One other thing that is slightly annoying is the UI button placement. The inspection and select-all buttons should be over near the character portraits, where the stealth and AI buttons are.

Stealth and AI are the worst because they have no hotkeys, just press it for inspect.

It is a --baffling-- oversight, especially stealth. The fact that a mod had to be made with Unity Mod Manager to enable a stealth hotkey and they STILL don't have one in the 2nd game. Does. Not. Compute.

ALways amazed me the way people played IE games on the few occasions I watched them on Youtube. Everything was done on the mouse. I used almost every single key on the keyboard for the IE games and mostly used the mouse just for scrolling and targetting. Not having hotkeys for essential things like stealth is just bad design, inefficient, and poor gameplay from a design point of view and a gaming one.

The IE games with the F# hotkeys for the hotbar are a bit dated though.

Depends on why you call it dated. All I appreciate is that when I press a button something awesome happens it does something instantly that saves me the time of wasting mouse movement to select it on screen. So playing stealth characters and having to constantly press stealth with the mouse is ass.

I think you can summarize it all with how efficiently the hotkeys let you play the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom