Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PAY FOR TORRENTED GAMES AT GOG.COM

The GOG version of Arcanum is using a scene crack.

It's KeopS/Fairlight crack with the sceners info removed from the header. A perfect match otherwise. Feel free to compare the files yourself.

The GOG version's Arcanum.exe
http://www.filedropper.com/arcanum

anomie

Scholar
do you still need it? i just played through the game with your patch (and high res) and it worked fine. the other thread said somebody donated it to you, but i can upload if you still need it.

No, nobody donated it to me.

I need Arcanum.exe from a fresh install of the GOG version. Please upload it somewhere (like here), if you have time.

anomie said:
http://www.filedropper.com/arcanum

sorry, had to redownload the setup (1gb) from gog. do you need anything else from this?
Thanks a lot! You just confirmed my suspicions.

Big Nose George said:
GOG probably got clean PE files from the publisher.
I doubt very much that they went the Ubisoft way...
http://torrentfreak.com/ubisofts-no-cd- ... rm-080718/
Turns out, that's what they did actually. At first I was surprised that the high resolution patch works with the "DRM free" version, because it is dependent on the original offsets, so that means the PE file wasn't recompiled. And yeah, it IS a scene crack.

It's KeopS/Fairlight crack with the sceners info removed from the header. A perfect match otherwise. Feel free to compare the files yourself.

I wonder if this has drama potential?

BUY DRM FREE TORRENTED GAMES AT GOG.COM

racofer

Thread Incliner
1znrf9z.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Hey, we want our games to be DRM free but this one has tricky copy protection, let's hire some professional DRM removers."
"Alright, I'll check for a fitting company."
*one hour later*
"Hey look what I found! A nice list of companies that do professional DRM removal! Reloaded, Razor1911, Skidrow..."
"Hey sounds cool, they all seem to have a good reputation, too! Yes, I think we should hire one of those!"

spekkio

Arcane
How could they?!

I bet my ass that they got their files from publishers.
Get a life Droog, you sound like Skyway's alt FFS.

Also: bookmarked this thread in "Huge Drama potential" subcategory.

Destroid

Arcane
The next logical step is that a cracker group puts malware in their crack, waits for this to happen, and then fucks everybody.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Destroid said:
The next logical step is that a cracker group puts malware in their crack, waits for this to happen, and then fucks everybody.

Oh Boy oh Boy this this. Got get em Droog.

Big Nose George

Educated
Sweet JEBUS!

1.0.7.4 crack nfo says "cd check" as protection. I doubt it. Does patch 1.0.7.4 remove Securom 3/4? If not than chances are, its a crack. Thx Drog =)

The only diff between them. Ofcourse it could be that the clean arcanum.exe looks like an unpacked Securom protected file but that is very improbable. Securom (even 3 or 4) is not that simple. Though I dont know what it does exactly.

wit361.png

Drog, do you know where the cd checks are? I dont wanna search for them.
Is this one: .text:005937E2 ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom