Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC Gamer is out, who's making BG3?

Sammael

Liturgist
So, according to this post over at WotC boards, October 2004 PC Gamer is out. Unfortunately, the post doesn't mention anything about the upcoming D&D games. However, there MUST be someone here who also subscribes to it. What gives?

Araanor

Liturgist
TBD? To Be Determined? The fuck?

So they've not gone anywhere yet, but they're looking to poll fans for opinions on some irrelevant stuff, sounds like more of this 'synergy' business.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
Considering Troika has relatively recently completed what was a profitable D&D project for atari, wish upon a star, could it be troika who has got the project? I dont see how bioware or obsidian could be doing it considering the projects both have already announced and theirs nobody else with any d&d crpg experience about that i can think of.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's RT, not isometric, and dual platformer. So, no, it's not Troika.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Watch out VD, Volourn will come along and call you silly for that statement... (yawn)

But no, can't see Troika doing it with the info released. Stormfront, as Saint mentioned at one time, seems more and more likely.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
Maybe i missed it being said.... but is it confirmed its multi platform or is that just speculation based on the pc gamer article that didnt specify platform?

Also a quick visit to the Stormfront Studios website reveals;
"Stormfront Studios is looking for a Lead Designer to work on our next generation of console action adventure games, following on our success with Demon Stone (PS2/Xbox, available in September from Atari) and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (PS2/Xbox, published by EA, based on the film by Peter Jackson).

We are currently in pre-production on a console action-adventure game based on a major new Hollywood film, and we’re about to start our first PSP title. We’re also preparing the strategic groundwork for the transition to the next generation console platforms."

Doesnt sound to me like Baldurs Gate 3 fits into that.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Nothing is confirmed at this point, but that's the rumor I heard awhile ago and dismissed as retarded, but recalled it when the article appeared. It's so stupid they just might do that.

Well, logically, there is no doubt it's RT, it's very likely it will have a mandatory console version, after Bio "once again redefined the CRPG genre", which will probably rule out isometric, and since the franchise was popular on PC, they will do PC version as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom