Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC Gaming Show 2020

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The disappointment continues here, whenever the hosts finish practising their last minute apologies for being white:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So I have no desire to watch a stream, can someone just give a bullet point breakdown of upcoming PC releases?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So I have no desire to watch a stream, can someone just give a bullet point breakdown of upcoming PC releases?

source.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hey, I'm looking forward to Torchlight 3 once it comes out of Early Access... and fuck cvv for trashing it and then getting a hard-on for a shitty Mafia remake!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They changed it from an MMO to a regular game and added it to Steam. Incline in my book.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Jesus fucking Christ it's 85% mobile or casual games.

Why did I upgrade my PC to be semi future proof?

Think it is worth getting a decently powerful PC for the next couple of years?
I intended to buy one before all of this virus crap happened.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Depends if you like playing shitty AAA games like cvv! The only AAA game I can think of that I would try in the future is TES6 and that's probably three to four years off at a conservative estimate. A couple of years ago I got an AMD 2600x with a 580 GPU which plays everything I want to play. With the release of the new PS5 specs I really don't plan on upgrading for another few years. Maybe a Zen 3 or 4 depending on price and hopefully AMD comes out with a decent GPU by then to match Nvidia.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Depends if you like playing shitty AAA games like cvv! The only AAA game I can think of that I would try in the future is TES6 and that's probably three to four years off at a conservative estimate. A couple of years ago I got an AMD 2600x with a 580 GPU which plays everything I want to play. With the release of the new PS5 specs I really don't plan on upgrading for another few years. Maybe a Zen 3 or 4 depending on price and hopefully AMD comes out with a decent GPU by then to match Nvidia.

Looking to buy a new comp, but looking at the prices and then what is coming out... I have a hard time justifying my purchase. Usually don't have any problems with buying new PC stuff, but now. AAA is basically dead, and what else do you need a monster PC for?

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Depends on what you're upgrading from. I went from a i5 3750k @ 4.3ghz to a Ryzen 3600, and it's night and day,

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll never play at 4k. 1440p at most. Also, I'm not a wall-eyed salmon and sit two to three feet from my PC so a 50" screen would be pointless.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Depends on what you're upgrading from. I went from a i5 3750k @ 4.3ghz to a Ryzen 3600, and it's night and day,

Yeah, I mean, I'm on an old i7 with 1060 GPU, so almost anything would be a big upgrade. But still it hasn't failed me playing new games. I guess Cyberpunk will be the new benchmark but not sure how interested I am in that...

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The best thing about E3 was the butthurt of PS5 fanboys crying that the difference with PS4 was unnoticeable, while other more positive fanboys were saying that yes, it's totally different, look, Ratchet has more fur now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom