Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News PC Gaming Show at E3 2019: Bloodlines 2 Gameplay Trailer

hpstg

Savant
If the quest and character design is good, this looks nice.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Curly haired bathrobe wearing cuck vampire is depressingly telling of their character designs, later confirmed by no tits dangerhair lesbian vampire club owner. I bet we wont see any clearly masculine/feminine npc's that aren't villains.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Curly haired bathrobe wearing cuck vampire is depressingly telling of their character designs, later confirmed by no tits dangerhair lesbian vampire club owner. I bet we wont see any clearly masculine/feminine npc's that aren't villains.

Him being a dork is the point. That's the vampire who takes you in after you're bitten, a recluse who hides in his house with his windows boarded up and drinks blood from blood packs. He appears in the announcement trailer too and is described in several of the initial preview articles.

Last edited:

hpstg

Savant
1:01 - "... Cities are carved out by political fascists, never tell anyone what you are..."

"muh oppressed vampires"

H'okay bud I can see where this is going

:backawayslowly:
Isn't a major point of Vampire lore, that later generation vampires are actually the bitches of the elders? What did you expect exactly?

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
The visual tone seems quite right, but the animations are awful, in turn both dialogue faces and combat look incredibly stiff.

Curly haired bathrobe wearing cuck vampire
Actually remind me of modern corporate pep talks handed to someone that already done them hundreds of times before, despite having zero interest in doing so. Quite IRL.

eXalted

Arcane
When will we finally have proper subtitles with bigger font and fewer characters per line?

... and darker background, duh

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
1:01 - "... Cities are carved out by political fascists, never tell anyone what you are..."

"muh oppressed vampires"

Low effort trolling at its best.I would kill to meet you in person to see what makes person go this insane. Whats the point of telling everything is shit personal frustrations shitty social life???

Love

Cipher
I was just happy to see the studio Paradox picked being able to build some environment. I'm quite confident they'll be able to stem the technical side of things, but I'm gonna blame the missing soul solely on Brian Mitsoda and Dick-Mod Carla. :neveraskedforthis:

Delterius

Arcane

"muh oppressed vampires"

tfw you can be a thousand year old monstrous sociopath who treats the world and your underlings like chattel but someone still feels kinda offended that a dork used the term fascist to describe you

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Visually, I did not hate it, but I was hoping it would retain some of the goth/punk subculture of the original. VTMB had some goofy characters, but they were memorable in my opinion. Also, I thought the trailer music and sound were somewhat generic, and I was hoping they would have a Rick Schaffer track.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
okay already good news, it doesn't have bioware dialogue wheel.
it doesn't look as awesome and crazy as the first one tho.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Him being a dork is the point. That's the vampire who takes you in after you're bitten, a recluse who hides in his house with his windows boarded up and drinks blood from blood packs. He appears in the announcement trailer too and is described in several of the initial preview articles.
Yeah.... he's the first to die horribly. I will be looking for goth hooker vampire trailer footage. I will be depressed if there is none. I hope your actions aren't confined to a damn script.

The first 8 sec... I was thinking batman not superman but yeah... i see that.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It looks like it could be a good sequel. Stiff animations are clearly unfinished although who knows if they have budget and people to improve those. But atmosphere seems good which is what matters.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Looks ok but as expected the facial animation and voice acting can't hold a candle to the original, but to be fair few other games could either.

Seems like we'll get an ok game but one lacking the qualities of the originals.

hpstg

Savant
The comments above, and the trailers, actually made me see that the game seems to be missing the extra tick that made the old one special.

Especially if the guy we hear is supposed to be some sort of Jack replacement, then they definitely need someone with more character.

It is so silly that the PC just jumps down to the street level whenever they can because cool factor. Nuh-uh boy, that shit costs blood, being a vampire isn't a free-pass to superhuman acrobatics. In source material, that is.

Also, hostiles landing down like Batman/Superman out of nowhere looks like the new random encounters / grind.

Writing looks/sounds very cheap, how can anyone even aspire to make a sequel without getting your writing game first? Voice acting also mediocre and facial aberrations, oops, I meant animations, are really sad.

Music is generic but sort of fit the mood, though if we don't get some gothic/punk/industrial music in the next trailer, then I'll be disappointed.

Looks like a fun game but I don't know about being a BL sequel.

It is so silly that the PC just jumps down to the street level whenever they can because cool factor. Nuh-uh boy, that shit costs blood, being a vampire isn't a free-pass to superhuman acrobatics. In source material, that is.
Not to mention the fucking Masquerade.

Voice acting also mediocre and facial aberrations, oops, I meant animations, are really sad.
I think a lot of the voice acting is placeholder. As for facial animations, well, there don't seem to be any yet. There's just nothing going on there. Not that I'm expecting anything amazing, but this stuff is clearly in an early stage. Some of the voice acting sounds better if you're not looking at the faces.

"Pre-alpha" seems about right when looking at the gameplay footage, the worrying bit is the release date being less than a year away.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The dudes that drop down onto the street is the scene from intro mass embrace that gets you into the thinblood club.

Wouldnt expect to see that often. And besides, Vamps should be able to do such things without much trouble. Because verticality is included a lot into the gameplay, it doesnt make much sense to spend blood for each drop-jump.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom