Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pendragon - narrative turn-based strategy from Heaven’s Vault, Sorcery! devs

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Down to single-digit max simultaneous players on Steamcharts and only four reviews (three negative) in the past week. Perhaps there isn't a ton of overlap between grognards who might enjoy the gameplay and those looking for the progressive narratives in Inkle's casual games. Who knows? I feel bad that they didn't at least get feted as a "giant leap forward in video game storytelling" like Where the Water Tastes Like Wine was, but that's probably a result of having gameplay.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Down to single-digit max simultaneous players on Steamcharts and only four reviews (three negative) in the past week. Perhaps there isn't a ton of overlap between grognards who might enjoy the gameplay and those looking for the progressive narratives in Inkle's casual games. Who knows? I feel bad that they didn't at least get feted as a "giant leap forward in video game storytelling" like Where the Water Tastes Like Wine was, but that's probably a result of having gameplay.
Maybe I got all of it wrong, but the presentation made it look like a "light" tactical RPG rather than a grognard one.
Also, the success of Wyldermyth would suggest that there is a niche for such games, and that the problem was probably execution.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
With careful use of Steam review moderation, the game has hit 80% positive! Maybe it has turned a corner.

jac8awol

Arbiter
With careful use of Steam review moderation, the game has hit 80% positive! Maybe it has turned a corner.

Turned a corner but still on a road to nowhere. I'd imagine there are people like me who read the pitch for Wildermyth, thought 'This seems unique and interesting,' bought the game, got bored of that faggy shit after 5 minutes and never picked it up again. Those same people aren't touching Pendragon with a 10 foot pole.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Wow this was disappointing, after Heaven's Vault.
It's based on replayability but the narrative doesn't seem to be changing enough to warrant this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom