Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's non-combat murder mystery RPG set in 16th century Bavaria - coming November

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't see why Ethiopians would be hanging around a monestary in BAVARIA

Roguey

Codex Staff
Sawyerite
The characters in Procession to Calvary are animated:
This looks like a goofy Monty Python bit. They don't want their game to look like that.

"You can't make it look authentic when you have to animate it!!!!"

But actually:
Other than the color choices, I don't see a big difference between this and Pentiment. Regardless, the budget of an animated short film isn't going to be the same as the animation budget of a no-budget computer game.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
This looks like a goofy Monty Python bit. They don't want their game to look like that…

Other than the color choices, I don't see a big difference between this and Pentiment. Regardless, the budget of an animated short film isn't going to be the same as the animation budget of a no-budget computer game.

The faces are clearly totally modernistic and cartoonish. How much money do you think Monty Python spent on those comparatively museum-worthy animated sequences? Hardly a fraction of what it costs to pay Josh Sawyer for a year I bet.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
Life is too short to look at the screenshot for more than a second and realize that it has to be a dream sequence or some kind of weird supernatural encounter.

Unless the protagonist is from Portugal he probably wouldn't know what a black person even is.
I can't believe you're actually complaining that a game without black people has too many black people.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Life is too short to look at the screenshot for more than a second and realize that it has to be a dream sequence or some kind of weird supernatural encounter.

Unless the protagonist is from Portugal he probably wouldn't know what a black person even is.
I can't believe you're actually complaining that a game without black people has too many black people.
YlnuAjb.png

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

"Black person? Yes, of course we have a blacksmith in town. He often has a sooty face from the forge, should wash himself more often."

ofc the game is full of swarthy people, it's set in g*rmania
Rusty you're literally American, why do you do this to yourself?
Ben Franklin:
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is a silly argument, but the protagonist of this game is an illustrator in a monastery who presumably has access to all sorts of scrolls and texts, so he probably knows more about the world than most people of the era.

KVVRR

Learned
Not having blacks and troons in your game should be the norm, not a special feature to be celebrated.
Yes, but also I wouldn't have any issue with " straigh up n-words" and "striaight up tr*annies" if they'd place them accordingly. Like, if the tranny in Cyberpunk wasn't that bartender, but instead one of the dolls from Clouds, I wouldn't even have batted an eye.
Transexual people? In MY transhumanist cyberpunk dystopia??? NO FUCKING WAY

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom