Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Pfbfbfb at moving the faces around - the shitty edits you made make it even funnier :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I've seen this game before but better + funnier:
Zw

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tbh an open style investigation murder mystery is always cool in my book if executed well. Maybe move this thread to adventure section, but still actually looking forward to this

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Having been supposedly stylized after medieval manuscripts, while some promo materials look decent, the main gameplay screens look like a shitty browser adventure game in flash. Now, the last thing which remains somewhat curious, is how heavily Disco influenced will the dialogues be.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Having been supposedly stylized after medieval manuscripts, while some promo materials look decent, the main gameplay screens look like a shitty browser adventure game in flash. Now, the last thing which remains somewhat curious, is how heavily Disco influenced will the dialogues be.
There was a game that looked similar, but much better. Can't remember the title, but it had a Banner Saga style TB combat and was released relatively recently.

EDIT: Inkulinati fits the bill, but it ain't it. I was thinking about Pendragon, but it obviously doesn't look as good in reality as well as in my memory. Rising Lords is another one, but looks like Battle Brothers with higher production values. Marginalia Hero is probably the most authentic looking of the bunch, despite being a cheap mobile game. Maybe even because of it, since it has such a limited scope.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Good for Sawyer
If there's one thing the industry lacks is AA passion projects - even ones I don't particularly like
As imo you can't really have innovation with just massive AAA productions and indie niche projects - it's the middle term of the two that generally drives things foward

Shouldn't you move this to Adventure Gaming then?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom