Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So Roguey can't see the differences between faces, huh?

:updatedmytxt:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
This looks like a goofy Monty Python bit. They don't want their game to look like that…

Other than the color choices, I don't see a big difference between this and Pentiment. Regardless, the budget of an animated short film isn't going to be the same as the animation budget of a no-budget computer game.

The faces are clearly totally modernistic and cartoonish. How much money do you think Monty Python spent on those comparatively museum-worthy animated sequences? Hardly a fraction of what it costs to pay Josh Sawyer for a year I bet.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
damn this looks exactly like historical medieval art, I can't tell the difference
ss_8c76f962adb8901d873e48660bf3147656c1d1b4.1920x1080.jpg

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't see why Ethiopians would be hanging around a monestary in BAVARIA
Life is too short to look at the screenshot for more than a second and realize that it has to be a dream sequence or some kind of weird supernatural encounter.

Unless the protagonist is from Portugal he probably wouldn't know what a black person even is.
I can't believe you're actually complaining that a game without black people has too many black people.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Life is too short to look at the screenshot for more than a second and realize that it has to be a dream sequence or some kind of weird supernatural encounter.

Unless the protagonist is from Portugal he probably wouldn't know what a black person even is.
I can't believe you're actually complaining that a game without black people has too many black people.
YlnuAjb.png

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

"Black person? Yes, of course we have a blacksmith in town. He often has a sooty face from the forge, should wash himself more often."

Codex Year of the Donut
ofc the game is full of swarthy people, it's set in g*rmania
Rusty you're literally American, why do you do this to yourself?
Ben Franklin:
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a silly argument, but the protagonist of this game is an illustrator in a monastery who presumably has access to all sorts of scrolls and texts, so he probably knows more about the world than most people of the era.

KVVRR

Learned
Not having blacks and troons in your game should be the norm, not a special feature to be celebrated.
Yes, but also I wouldn't have any issue with " straigh up n-words" and "striaight up tr*annies" if they'd place them accordingly. Like, if the tranny in Cyberpunk wasn't that bartender, but instead one of the dolls from Clouds, I wouldn't even have batted an eye.
Transexual people? In MY transhumanist cyberpunk dystopia??? NO FUCKING WAY

Sannom

Augur
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.
Alright, how fucking pale were the english and the saxons supposed to be ? I understand that the sun is a luxury on that island, but come on, they weren't all dracula!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Not having blacks and troons in your game should be the norm, not a special feature to be celebrated.
Yes, but also I wouldn't have any issue with " straigh up n-words" and "striaight up tr*annies" if they'd place them accordingly. Like, if the tranny in Cyberpunk wasn't that bartender, but instead one of the dolls from Clouds, I wouldn't even have batted an eye.
Transexual people? In MY transhumanist cyberpunk dystopia??? NO FUCKING WAY

See, in a high tech cyberpunk transhumanist world trannies would be obsolete because body modification would have reached the point where you can just have a female clone of yourself made and then download your mind into its brain.

Current year mutilation surgeries, or troons who keep their male body yet wear a dress and demand to be called "ma'am" would be completely outdated and no longer exist.

Viata

Arcane
Ben Franklin:
So the good things came from European people, not exactly white people. :philosoraptor:

Codex Year of the Donut
Ben Franklin:
So the good things came from European people, not exactly white people. :philosoraptor:
communism isn't a good thing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom